PDA

View Full Version : Toller on fs, Elvis, Lysacek, Weir & Plushenko

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Rex
11-12-2010, 12:19 AM
For some reason, Toller's bluntness doesn't bother me; I welcome it because he has experience behind his blunt comments.

skatesindreams
11-12-2010, 04:39 PM
His life experiience and credentials have given Toller the right to express himself as he chooses. His opinions should be listened to and respected, whether you agree with them. or not.

His books are enlightening for understanding his pespective, and much of the "inside" information he shares has been confirmed by others, in the years since he wrote them.

He has the courage of his convictions; and has paid a considerable price for them.

Dragonlady
11-12-2010, 04:58 PM
His books are enlightening for understanding his pespective, and much of the "inside" information he shares has been confirmed by others, in the years since he wrote them.

And much has been denied by those who were there.

Toller's writings are entertaining and interesting, but the number of factual errors his books contain is alarming. And often those "facts" support personal vendetta's against his "enemies".

All of Toller's books should be taken with several large grains of salt, and I say this as a huge fan of the man, his skating and his art.

skatesindreams
11-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Each person's experiences, and perspective about them. are different.
So be it.

Dragonlady
11-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Each person's experiences, and perspective about them. are different.
So be it.

That may be true but when people say "I wasn't there and it didn't happen" and others back them up in that assertion, that's quite different from simply having a different perspective on the issue.

Skate Talker
11-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Back to the actual interview - I have never seen this interviewer before and find him beyond belief. Is he really that dense or was he also putting on an act?

I am sure that Toller's tongue was black and blue afterward from biting it so often - this guy seemed to be really out to provoke him.

REO
11-13-2010, 04:12 AM
He did come off as a dork. I think Toller made him nervous. lol

REO
11-16-2010, 04:38 AM
OMG Where is Igniculus? He/she must go to Getty Images and check out Johnny's outfit for the Harry Potter premier tonight. You won't be disappointed. lol

Ozzisk8tr
11-16-2010, 04:43 AM
His life experiience and credentials have given Toller the right to express himself as he chooses. His opinions should be listened to and respected, whether you agree with them. or not.

He has the courage of his convictions; and has paid a considerable price for them.

Are you from North Korea by some chance?

kimkom
11-16-2010, 04:43 AM
OMG Where is Igniculus? He/she must go to Getty Images and check out Johnny's outfit for the Harry Potter premier tonight. You won't be disappointed. lol

:eek: X 100000000!

I love Johnny, I really do, but he's seriously lost his mind. :rofl:

judiz
11-16-2010, 12:19 PM

Johnny is a big Harry Potter fan which is probably why he dressed like Harry Potter for the premeire. At least he didn't put a ton of make up on this time and he looked like he was having fun.

igniculus
11-16-2010, 01:25 PM

1. igniculus is a she. :rolleyes:

2. igniculus also has a life outside of the skating world/FSU and is not all that occupied with Johnny Weir since he retired. She is just randomly stopping by at the old fandom to :eek: :duh: :yawn: :wall::barrel.

3. igniculus is also a big Harry Potter fan and wants to stay spoiler-free for the movie, thus, she is avoiding any news or articles about the premieres.

REO
11-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Johnny is a big Harry Potter fan which is probably why he dressed like Harry Potter for the premeire. At least he didn't put a ton of make up on this time and he looked like he was having fun.

The specs were killer. :D

danceronice
11-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Hey, what's wrong with going in costume to a movie premiere? (I may or may not resemble that remark.)

LilJen
11-16-2010, 04:12 PM
snort. (http://www.daylife.com/photo/0aBt12Z5qv2sC?q=johnny+weir) He actually kind of reminds me of the old Richie Rich (http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/RichieRich.jpeg) in comic books.