View Full Version : Tomas Verner is awesome

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

haribobo
11-07-2010, 06:01 PM
And should win everything. :respec:

That's all. :)

pinky166
11-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Yes I totally agree. I think the judges at CoC were "punishing" him for bombing last season, I thought his scores should have been higher. The fact that Mrozzz beat him in the FS made me a little ticked off, Tomas is so clearly superior IMO.

Hope he kicks but this season and show the judges Verner is back and ready to dominate. :)

Marco
11-07-2010, 07:09 PM
My favorite Euro male skater by a large margin. Hope he gets his confidence back (and work on that lip!)

igniculus
11-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Wuzrobbed.

I hope he gets his mojo back this season! :swoon:

dinakt
11-07-2010, 07:28 PM
He is:) Tomas for the podium!

snoopysnake
11-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Tomas! My biggest wish for a Worlds medal this season is for him. Love his new "Singin in the Rain" SP.

deedeelocks
11-07-2010, 08:47 PM
:)

pinky166
11-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Tomas! My biggest wish for a Worlds medal this season is for him. Love his new "Singin in the Rain" SP.

Me too! He is probably the most charming skater out there now, that program went by in a flash, and I especially love that little wave thing he does in the beginning, so adorable :swoon:. He's easy on the eyes too :). If he can fix the lip and bring back his monster quad this season, he could challenge Takahashi, at least I think he could.

mia joy
11-07-2010, 10:49 PM
I just adore the title of this thread :lol:

Yes, Tomas is awesome and I hope him doing well in China means he's getting back on track and he'll be ready for some some European and World medals!!! He's cute, charming and irresistable ;) I would really love him to stay until Sochi and give Olympic Games one more shot.

ninadel
11-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Woohoo Tomas! :cheer2:

On a superficial note... I kind of wish he could have two different haircuts for the two programs (the shaggy hair works for Michael Jackson but not Singing In The Rain).

pinky166
11-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Woohoo Tomas! :cheer2:

On a superficial note... I kind of wish he could have two different haircuts for the two programs (the shaggy hair works for Michael Jackson but not Singing In The Rain).

Haha, I was thinking the same thing! He's cute though so it's ok, I'm sure he'll get a haircut eventually.

Marco
11-08-2010, 03:54 AM
With Tomas the most important thing is stamina. He already has enough of everything else.

aftershocks
11-08-2010, 04:09 AM
I love Tomas! He didn't seem very inspired last year in his performances (maybe he was a bit discouraged about some of his competition marks -- I certainly think he should have medaled at Worlds by now -- or maybe he was coming back last year from injury). To get over the hump, perhaps Tomas needs to work on his consistency and his confidence? He's landed beautiful quads before, but again, as I've said, the quad takes away a lot of energy from skaters and their overall development, IMO (in the training of it, and in the performing of it, both mentally and physically). I also think the demands of the new scoring system with the need to point-grab by chocking programs full of frenetic moves is a detriment to skaters attempting to develop a consistent quad.

In any case, I think Tomas, and his former training partner, Carolina, are both quite brilliant. It would be very sad if they don't fully realize their unique potential as skaters.

Tomas seems to enjoy both of his programs this year. His charm and the joy and quirky fun he expresses, brings the audience in.

ITA re Mroz!!! placed in front of Tomas???!!! To me Mroz is a talented skater, but he's not very interesting or charming, nor does he have any exciting quality or uniqueness to his skating.

Ziggy
11-08-2010, 04:16 AM
I haven't seen Verner's CoC performances yet and I wonder if I'll get over my irrational dislike of him after I see them. ;P

I hope he's happy in Canada and getting on with the new coach. It was sad to see him bombing to that extent last season.

Marco
11-08-2010, 04:22 AM
I haven't seen Verner's CoC performances yet and I wonder if I'll get over my irrational dislike of him after I see them. ;P

At least you admit your dislike is irrational :hat1:

He has excellent skating skills and is a much more fluid skater than Joubert. He is probably the only current Euro skater who has presence, strength and grace.