PDA

View Full Version : Who Needs Redemption? All about the Men

Pages : 1 [2]

kwanfan1818
11-04-2010, 05:23 AM
He won European GOLD in 2008!
You're right, senior moment. He won European Silver and Gold.

Japanfan
11-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Don't forget Abbott, he's one of the best in the world.

millyskate
11-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Don't forget Abbott, he's one of the best in the world.

Abbott is not competing at cup of China ;)

Joubert has been putting a lot of pressure on himself for this GP - it's the only one of the series he hasn't won yet, and he wants to become the first man to win them all. I hope it won't get to him.

Verner definitely needs to redeem himself after last season, especially as Brezina has taken over as Czech number 1 in the eyes of many.

I think they're the two men with most at stake.

As a result, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kozuka win... or Contesti, who is not quite in the same league skating wise, but often manages to make the most of the opportunities his opponents leave him.

OK.

Marco
11-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Verner has so much more to prove than Joubert. Despite having a European title from 2008, he has yet to medal at Worlds despite having come so close twice in the next quad. He has been inconsistent and was never a real threat because of it. And domestically he was also chased hard by Brezina. He needs redemption.

Kozuka still has a bright future ahead of him and his lack than stellar results last season was overseen because he was the 3rd ranked Japanese man. This season though - he needs to establish himself internationally or Hanyu or Machida might just snatch his World spot.

If Joubert never wins anything ever again he will always have a world title to show for himself.

Contesti is not champion material and has probably peaked internationally. No redemption needed.

OK.

mia joy
11-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Maybe you misunderstood what I meant? "little difficulty" meaning "easy" in English. :)

I agree with your opinion. Verner, Joubert, and Contesti (barring any unforeseen circumstance) are expected to make their nation's 2011 Worlds teams.

oh my, I'm such ad idiot :P of course it means easy :lol:

Tomas Verner. One of the great all-around talents in the men's field. He can do it all, and his jumps are beautiful when they are on. He has musicality, humor, and the ability to engage his audience.

ITA. He's one of those few who have the whole package (in that field I would even be ready to compare him to Takahashi) - if only he lands his jumps.

OK

newbatgirl
11-04-2010, 12:54 PM
ITA. He's one of those few who have the whole package (in that field I would even be ready to compare him to Takahashi) - if only he lands his jumps.

At 2009 Worlds, Tomas had a honey of a LP (with an awesome quad) going before his endurance petered out and he started popping jumps left and right. If he could work up the stamina for a clean SP and LP, he could be such a force.

OK

Finnice
11-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Tomas Verner! I wish this will be his season. I hope the headcase times are finally over. Like so many have said before, he has truckloads of talent and charisma. Go, Tomas!:cheer:

immoimeme
11-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Tomas Verner is the most needy of the men you named. He combines great skating skills with an engaging and charming "got IT" personality yet melts down at critical moments too much too often. Perhaps his oh so suitable music selections for this season will help him realize his full potential.

Second would seem to be Sergei Voronov, who has left Coach Alexei Urmanov. Can new coach & choreographer Nikolai Morozov get Voronov back on track or completely derail him? The cynic in me wants to say the latter, having already seen the "programs" Morozov designed this season for Florent Amodio and Javier Fernadez.

OK

HisWeirness
11-04-2010, 01:33 PM
oh my, I'm such ad idiot :P of course it means easy :lol:
People who can read and post in a second, third, etc. language are never idiots. :respec: to you all.