PDA

View Full Version : An Evening with Scott Hamilton & Friends (Nov. 6 in Cleveland)

Pages : 1 [2]

paskatefan
11-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Well, I wish we lived closer to Cleveland for this one. It would have been a 7 hour drive, at least. Too bad that Scott doesn't do DVDs of this show. I would buy one in a heartbeat, and it would be a fundraiser for this foundation.

loopey
11-07-2010, 11:32 PM
Will this show make it to tv?

Glad to hear that Gregory/Pethukov are skating shows. I wanted them on SOI.

mmscfdcsu
11-07-2010, 11:34 PM

No. It is just for those who attended. :(

PAskate
11-07-2010, 11:52 PM

It's never televised. Thankfully I've been lucky enough to go to 8 of the 11 shows including last night. I always really enjoy the skating here - beats SOI and COI and it's a bargain in comparison. The only sad part is that you'd love to see multiple numbers from each performer. There' are always group opening and closing numbers, but just one spot per guest skater.

mmscfdcsu
11-08-2010, 01:07 AM
It's never televised. Thankfully I've been lucky enough to go to 8 of the 11 shows including last night. I always really enjoy the skating here - beats SOI and COI and it's a bargain in comparison. The only sad part is that you'd love to see multiple numbers from each performer. There' are always group opening and closing numbers, but just one spot per guest skater.

ITA. Much better than SOI, even with so many older skaters. What were your impressions of last night's show?

PAskate
11-08-2010, 05:03 PM
ITA. Much better than SOI, even with so many older skaters. What were your impressions of last night's show?

I really enjoyed it including the music which surprised me since I'm not a country fan. I always enjoy the skating since you usually see some people that you don't always get a chance to see. This time it was Dorothy, the Kerrs, and Dan Hollander (haven't seen him in ages).

kwanette
11-08-2010, 05:27 PM

Me, too.

seabm7
11-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Thanks for your report. Good luck to Christina Gao on her SAT's!

The weird thing about Sasha is that her basics and edging looked so improved during the shows in the pre-Oly season. She had nice flow and speed and I was so encouraged. Then came Nationals and back came the scratchy slow Sasha. I still haven't watched the LP :scream:

I wonder how it is possible to revert to inferior basics at competitions and have nice ones in shows. :confused:

I think Sasha got exhausted from overtraining right before the National. I wish she had started her preparation for the olympic much earlier and slower.

mmscfdcsu
11-10-2010, 09:56 PM
http://c0013543.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_358aa85

Better quality picture from Mike's Twitter