PDA

View Full Version : Chinese #2 pair this season

Pages : 1 2 [3]

judgejudy27
12-21-2010, 12:24 PM
It will be interesting to see how the Zhangs fare at Worlds this year if they can compete.

pumba
12-22-2010, 08:12 AM
The way China pushes S/H reminds me of the Zhangs back in 2004 :). So I kind of feel pity for them :shuffle:.
The young couple is more technically advanced than P/T or Z/Z, but it is still a bright example of what Chinese pairs are at the beginning. I see nothing but tricks and a huge area to improve.
Surely, S/H are the 2nd couple by now. No matter how good Z/Z will be after their comeback - their number in the team is #3.

feraina
12-23-2010, 05:31 AM
The way China pushes S/H reminds me of the Zhangs back in 2004 :). So I kind of feel pity for them :shuffle:.
The young couple is more technically advanced than P/T or Z/Z, but it is still a bright example of what Chinese pairs are at the beginning. I see nothing but tricks and a huge area to improve.
Surely, S/H are the 2nd couple by now. No matter how good Z/Z will be after their comeback - their number in the team is #3.

I totally disagree. S/H have much more natural performance ability and "it" factor than S/Z or Z/Z or P/T at this stage in their careers. S/H are so expressive and cute, even if they are not especially polished or smooth. And the Chinese federation is definitely not "pushing" them like they were pushing Z/Z. They are quite the stepchildren of Chinese pairs skating, not being Yao Bin's students nor on the national team (Yao Bin is not just a celebrated coach, but also the head of pairs skating within the Chinese federation). They don't have the funding for expensive choreographers or costumes, nor the opportunity to go to training camps abroad. It is hardly because they are getting "pushed" that they are getting good scores from the judges or placements at competitions. It's more like they are doing so despite not getting much support back home at all!

93ning
01-07-2011, 06:07 PM
I totally disagree. S/H have much more natural performance ability and "it" factor than S/Z or Z/Z or P/T at this stage in their careers. S/H are so expressive and cute, even if they are not especially polished or smooth. And the Chinese federation is definitely not "pushing" them like they were pushing Z/Z. They are quite the stepchildren of Chinese pairs skating, not being Yao Bin's students nor on the national team (Yao Bin is not just a celebrated coach, but also the head of pairs skating within the Chinese federation). They don't have the funding for expensive choreographers or costumes, nor the opportunity to go to training camps abroad. It is hardly because they are getting "pushed" that they are getting good scores from the judges or placements at competitions. It's more like they are doing so despite not getting much support back home at all!

emmm。。。。。。。。
I dont know how to say .......

now , the national team not only in BEIJING
------------------------------------------------

They don't have the funding for expensive choreographers or costumes, nor the opportunity to go to training camps abroad.
---------------------------
YAO is kind and a great coach
He and Luanbo(S/H'coach) were partners many years ago.Yao/Luan are the first Chinese pairs on international contest.
S/H are train in Harbin,but they are also on nation team.
LUAN has many potential student now .(DING/REN who can throw 4s in gp 5 or 6years ago are her studens too ).

Luan and her students training in harbin skating base. the national give them funds just as Yao.

YAO and his students training in beijng _the old national base.
And China will build a new skating base in ningbo (a southern city in China)

----------------------------------------------
P/T & S/H will take part in Asian Winter Games .
S/H were succeed to throw 4s in The National Championship .

Well, my english is still not good,i hope you can understand what i say