PDA

View Full Version : Any Kimmie news?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Polymer Bob
11-03-2010, 12:55 AM
I guess the witch hunters are forgiving them because it was an Olympic year and they were tired coming off Vancouver just a month earlier?

And all the other girls were fresh as the morning dew.

RD
11-03-2010, 02:17 AM
I also agree with the poster who said Kimmie did not get enough credit for her accomplishments. I felt so bad for her during the 2008 season when she was bashed to no end for losing one of the three US spots.

I don't know why people keep lamenting that she didn't get enough credit. Living in her hometown/home state, I've found she's had plenty of exposure and recognition over here. The simple fact is this: she wasn't around long enough to be remembered on a mass basis. Injuries took her out of the running in 2009 and caused her to miss the Olympic season, the season where everyone pays attention. Still, not since Sokolova have I seen such a quick fall from the top. Maybe the same thing is happening to Mao Asada right now, though.

The 2008 team took a little heat, yes- but I don't remember a particular skater being singled out...the only time that happened is when Czisny took a serious beating from fans for blowing the SP at 2009 Worlds. And this year, even though Nagasu was the one that blew the opportunity, people have tended to be more supportive and encouraging towards her. How's that for a flip-flop?

ETA: IIRC, in 2008- Wagner was the one that really tanked. Bebe surprised people by cracking the top 10, though.

leafygreens
11-03-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm thinking we've seen the last of Kimmie. I was never a fan of her skating per se, but I think it's sad the way her career petered out.

I agree. I was hoping she'd come back. But after the kapoffel (sp?) with her missing regionals last year, I just had a bad feeling.

Poggi
11-03-2010, 12:42 PM
I agree. I was hoping she'd come back. But after the kapoffel (sp?) with her missing regionals last year, I just had a bad feeling.

maybe it's just me, but I am still hoping against hope that she will come back :) *delusional probably*

MR-FAN
11-11-2010, 02:46 AM
Kimmie will be skating at the Kaleidoscope show on December 8th (Will be broadcasted December 19th on Fox at 4:30 pm) Others on the show include Scotty, Kurt, Hamill, Weir, Sasha, Plushy, Joannie and Surya:

http://www.kaleidoscope.org/

paskatefan
11-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Kimmie will also be in the Tribute to the Golden Age of US Figure Skating show at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, NJ on Saturday evening, December 11. This show will be aired on 12/25/10. :encore:

RD
11-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Haven't seen her skate in a while. I hope they show her.

leafygreens
11-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Kaleidoscope looks like it will be a fun show.

geod2
11-12-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm thinking we've seen the last of Kimmie. I was never a fan of her skating per se, but I think it's sad the way her career petered out.

I was a real fan of both Kimmie and her skating, and ITA that it's sad the way her competitive career ended.
Sasha has been at least skating shows on a steady basis and even she couldn't make a real comeback to anything resembling her former self...therefore, what are Kimmie's chances of doing so?.... Slim and none.
Too bad, because Kimmie's competitive presence now would've made things pretty exciting ...
:(

RD
11-12-2010, 03:13 PM
I was a real fan of both Kimmie and her skating, and ITA that it's sad the way her competitive career ended.
Sasha has been at least skating shows on a steady basis and even she couldn't make a real comeback to anything resembling her former self...therefore, what are Kimmie's chances of doing so?.... Slim and none.
Too bad, because Kimmie's competitive presence now would've made things pretty exciting ...
:(

She's done. It may be harsh, but it's true. Look at the way Cohen's and Hughes's "comebacks" turned out. The next generation, I believe, is FINALLY ready to step up and carry US ladies skating.

Time to move forward.

Polymer Bob
11-12-2010, 04:30 PM
The next generation, I believe, is FINALLY ready to step up and carry US ladies skating.

Yes, Alissa seems to be ready to step up?

geod2
11-12-2010, 04:36 PM

PB-
Careful....don't jinx it for AC...

;)

RD
11-12-2010, 04:43 PM

I said the NEXT generation. ;)

pinky166
11-12-2010, 04:47 PM

I think she said she'll probably retire after this season. After nationals last year, she said something about one more season.

geod2
11-12-2010, 04:55 PM
I think she said she'll probably retire after this season. After nationals last year, she said something about one more season.

I think the spirit of what Allisa said was basically "one season at a time"....
IIRC, there wasn't an absolute limit of just one more.

OTOH, Allisa would be the first one to prevent herself from becoming another Fumie Suguri.....

Anyway, we're getting OT....what about Kimmie?

Seems to me that once you've won U.S. and World championships, anything less would seem irrelevant.
....was Kimmie's departure and "not having her heart in it" purely and only about physical injuries and the distraction of college?
The mind can be such a tricky thing.