PDA

View Full Version : NBC broadcast of NHK Trophy 10/31, 4-6 pm Eastern

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

my little pony
10-31-2010, 09:33 PM
commercial for "shall we dance" next sunday at 4, does that mean they wont show the ladies from Skare Canada?

rfisher
10-31-2010, 09:34 PM
commercial for "shall we dance" next sunday at 4, does that mean they wont show the ladies from Skare Canada?

It's on Saturday instead of Sunday.

soxxy
10-31-2010, 09:39 PM
Jeremy moves beautifully. A good program that needs a bit more pizazz and a costume rethink.

pollyanna
10-31-2010, 09:40 PM
I am actually enjoying Weiss' commentary.

LilJen
10-31-2010, 09:41 PM
YAY for Jeremy's program. He must have watched that movie a lot. Gets a lot of Roberto Benigni's movements down nicely. (Although I had to laugh at how Michael Weiss called the singling the 3a a "minor mistake." Not the most astute commentary.)

bouncingpom
10-31-2010, 09:41 PM
Just had to pop over here to say how much I like M Weiss as an announcer. And LOVE that Terry Gannon is back.
Also excited that I stumbled on to the fact this is on tv in the first place!

skatemomaz
10-31-2010, 09:42 PM
I am actually enjoying Weiss' commentary.

I am too.

rfisher
10-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Jeremy moves beautifully. A good program that needs a bit more pizazz and a costume rethink.

His vest is glittery. :lol:

I just cannot see Jeremy wearing something like Weir or Dai would wear. It's just not him.

soxxy
10-31-2010, 09:46 PM
His vest is glittery. :lol:

I just cannot see Jeremy wearing something like Weir or Dai would wear. It's just not him.

I like him and his program a lot. But looking at Dai (and other usual suspects), I don't want him to get "lost" at Worlds.

my little pony
10-31-2010, 09:48 PM
Dai is just everything, all at the same time. He transcends the technique and elements. I feel all flushed and fangirly, like I should end my posts with a bunch of hearts.

rfisher
10-31-2010, 09:50 PM
I like him and his program a lot. But looking at Dai (and other usual suspects), I don't want him to get "lost" at Worlds.

I don't want him to either, but what would you suggest he wear given the piece of music he's skating to?

Somehow lots of bling or spandex doesn't seem appropriate.

my little pony
10-31-2010, 09:51 PM
everytime this commercial airs, like Pavlov's dog I write a check

nashvilledancer
I think this costume is perfect for Jeremy. It has a lot of texture and a tiny bit of sparkle, and it fits the program perfectly. It's a subtle kind of theatricality, which is unusual in skating. This is becoming one of my favorite of his programs (along with 8 Seasons and Day in the Life). It certainly is his most expressive and nuanced, a real step up in versatility. The thing that blows my mind is that Jeremy was skating in last season's boots and yet the first half of his program was technically perfect.

soxxy
I don't want him to either, but what would you suggest he wear given the piece of music he's skating to?

Somehow lots of bling or spandex doesn't seem appropriate.

LOL, spandex. A little color? Actually, I've never seen the movie, is dictating the costume?

rfisher
Dai is just everything, all at the same time. He transcends the technique and elements. I feel all flushed and fangirly, like I should end my posts with a bunch of hearts.

So, how do you think he and Chan will compare at the GPF? :saint: Which, fortunately, is on neutral ground in China.