PDA

View Full Version : NBC broadcast of NHK Trophy 10/31, 4-6 pm Eastern

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

my little pony
10-31-2010, 08:42 PM
Caro's dress has a ton of illusion and it is all bunchy at the neck like an old lady's knee highs

rfisher
:yikes: Kostner normally has great dresses, but that looks like a bad mummy wrap.

nashvilledancer
What's wrong with Tara? Her commentary is informative and she understands COP.

my little pony
10-31-2010, 08:44 PM
What's wrong with Tara? Her commentary is informative and she understands COP.

this is nitpicky but there is something like a cross of grainess and nasaliness that irks me

also, this telecast hasnt been bad but often I find she talks too much about herself

skatemomaz
10-31-2010, 08:45 PM
I see Carolina's skirt is once more attached backwards. :P

my little pony
10-31-2010, 08:47 PM
I didnt realize Caro won this w/o a flip or a lutz. While her footwork and edges make me all swoony, was her SP lead that high to make up for her jump content? it isnt as if the jumps she has completed were all perfect.

rfisher
10-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Come on Michael. Caro's spirals are mediocre at best. I'll give her the footwork, but the spirals?

LuckyCharm
10-31-2010, 08:48 PM
I think this might be a really nice program if it had decent jumps and a dress that didn't hurt my eyes.

my little pony
10-31-2010, 08:49 PM
Come on Michael. Caro's spirals are mediocre at best. I'll give her the footwork, but the spirals?

you are looking at the free leg, look at the edge on the leg that is on the ice, it is really deep and nice

Skittl1321
I'm a bit behind on my DVR so I'm just now watching Flatt. She looks fantastic, and the program is actually engaging. I'm impressed!

They barely showed Caroline Zhang, but what they showed didn't look good- she looks out of shape...

Wagner looked in shape, but didn't skate like she was- she looked exhausted. Or maybe just defeated... Korpi also looked exhausted during her footwork. Guess "training" hasn't really hit for any of them yet... guess you really don't want to peak too early, but it seems like in non-olympic years GP and GPF would be more important.

nashvilledancer
Love the attitude positions in Carolina's sprials. So, she's injured. That explains a lot. Her skating is very refined. Glad she did as well as she did here. Agree she's had better costumes, this was meh.

my little pony
10-31-2010, 08:50 PM
i guess caro won by default, murakami screwed the pooch and rachel had downgrades

skatemomaz
10-31-2010, 08:52 PM

I think she getting better with her positions, but what I really appreciate is the speed and depth of edges she achieves on the spirals.

Skittl1321
10-31-2010, 08:59 PM
Despite the program being a complete implosion, I really enjoyed Murakami's skating. Very energetic, and lots of speed. I've never seen her before.

But man that's a lot of sparkle on her costume!

LuckyCharm
10-31-2010, 08:59 PM
I think she getting better with her positions, but what I really appreciate is the speed and depth of edges she achieves on the spirals.

Definitely, and the clean line and extension of her free leg are beautiful. So tired of seeing spirals in which the skater puts all her energy into getting the free leg as high as possible (no matter how and ugly it looks.)