PDA

View Full Version : Reynolds improvement

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

seaner00
10-31-2010, 02:05 AM
I just finished watch the Men's Free from Skate Canada and I was amazed at the artistic improvement in Kevin Reynold's program. He felt the music and therefore I felt the music as well.
If he skates a clean program, he's off to Tokyo and in the top 8-5!

dinakt
10-31-2010, 02:07 AM
I definitely saw an improvement.

barbk
10-31-2010, 02:23 AM
Big improvement over last year. The first half of the LP shows it well. The last half has him falling back into a lot of the old patterns, though.

I still wish he'd fix his hair. (Actually, I'm not sure whether Reynolds or Phaneuf would be first on my list for a makeover. They both need major, major assistance. And a trip with the "What Not to Wear" folks for Cynthia.)

Dr.Siouxs
10-31-2010, 02:27 AM
I too noted the improvement. Hopefully this will be an ongoing trend..

Choupette
10-31-2010, 02:31 AM
I still wish he'd fix his hair.
I wish he wouldn't. Curly hair is just fine. Think White or Rippon.

Really
10-31-2010, 02:53 AM
I can't imagine Reynolds in a more 'controlled' hairstyle -- I think what he does now suits his features -- even if Kurt Browning *does* want to comb his hair!

barbk
10-31-2010, 03:24 AM
I wish he wouldn't. Curly hair is just fine. Think White or Rippon.

Curly hair? Reynolds has curly hair?

Choupette
10-31-2010, 04:06 AM
Curly hair? Reynolds has curly hair?
Yes, he has naturally curly hair. He started straightening them a few years ago. In my opinion, it was just fine as it was. Do a search on Google images, there are a few pictures of him with curly hair.

aliceanne
10-31-2010, 05:23 AM
Big improvement over last year. The first half of the LP shows it well. The last half has him falling back into a lot of the old patterns, though.

I still wish he'd fix his hair. (Actually, I'm not sure whether Reynolds or Phaneuf would be first on my list for a makeover. They both need major, major assistance. And a trip with the "What Not to Wear" folks for Cynthia.)

I don't think he should change a thing. His look suits his style of skating - youthful and energetic - very modern. I like skaters with a distinct personality.

Aussie Willy
10-31-2010, 06:31 AM
I was very impressed. I wasn't particularly happy with the music cuts in the FS (too many and quite jarring) but my favourite part was the Romance section in the middle. He really flowed with the music.

Some skaters just take longer to understand how to work with music, but it must be something he has really paid attention to. Having given skaters at my own rink advice on this, it is really nice to see. Good on him for working on it.

aftershocks
10-31-2010, 07:20 AM
Yes, I saw an improvement in Kevin's skating at Worlds earlier this year, so I'm not surprised to see him continuing to improve. Maturing a bit has helped, and he's obviously been working on improving artistry and musical interpretation. Agree about the music cuts in the FS, Aussie Willy. Kevin still has further to go, but it is nice to see him developing artistically.

Aussie Willy
10-31-2010, 09:29 AM
Although if there is a strategy in putting together the music that way, it could serve a purpose with helping him to work on his interpretation.

jl22aries
10-31-2010, 11:13 AM
I really enjoy the hair, and really enjoy the direction he's going. Amazing improvements. I'm a fan.

clarie
10-31-2010, 12:05 PM
I really enjoy the hair, and really enjoy the direction he's going. Amazing improvements. I'm a fan.

ITA.........he's worth watching and will be a force to be reckoned with in the future. His improvement is impressive. Now if he could just settle into performing the LP jumps cleanly. His short was awsome and lots of fun to watch. :)

Debrah
10-31-2010, 02:51 PM
Yep he has made a great leap forward artistically as well as in terms of his speed and esp power to connect with music, the audience. He has a lot going for him now. I think dance training has helped his arms/hands/whole upper body expression.

I am dizzy thinking in terms of potential to climb ladder as he grows and matures. I am beginning to believe future is much brighter for Canadian men's chances in Sochi, as it seems more Canadian men are conquering the dreaded 3 Axel nemisis, as well as the top CDN guns again being quad or 3 axel capable while still delivering actual compelling choreo, all without pausing, telegraphing, or stopping to stand around to catch breath between big jumping passes. Congrats to Kevin for being able to add his name to record books, long may the tradtion continue to showcase Canadian innovation. It won't be long before he does it again with 4 loop...