PDA

View Full Version : Caroline Zhang's career high point will be

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

judgejudy27
10-29-2010, 06:45 AM
I was actually impressed with some of Caroline Zhangs's improvements in her first GP outing even though she still has a way to go to regain better placings in competition. Long term I think some of them could pay off for her. What do you think her career high mark will end up being if you were to project now, especialy seeing as that she is now doing to work to fix her jump technique.

briancoogaert
10-29-2010, 08:46 AM
World Team, top 10.

Considering her improvements, she can do well at Nationals, enough to be in the top 3, if others don't do well. JMHO

Ozzisk8tr
10-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Well I was gonna say "having dinner with query5" but that's not an option...

essence_of_soy
10-29-2010, 10:28 AM
World Team, top 10.

Considering her improvements, she can do well at Nationals, enough to be in the top 3, if others don't do well. JMHO

Based on Nagasu's and Flatt's combined placements in Torino, Zhang will have to win gold or silver at nationals to make the world team this year.

DickButtonFan
10-29-2010, 11:08 AM
I really like her skating but I think it's going to be hard for her to make the top 3-4 at nationals. There are still so many things she needs to fix and what made her great is fading.

Her improvement of the flip though shows it is possible for her to overcome though so I hope I'm wrong and hope she's does great.

Polymer Bob
10-29-2010, 01:39 PM
It's odd that Olympic medal lower than gold is not an option.
Anyway, I think her high point is in the future, not the past. I voted World gold. :)

orientalplane
10-29-2010, 01:54 PM
It's odd that Olympic medal lower than gold is not an option.

No, it isn't. It's just ridiculous that Olympic medal higher than silver IS an option. :P

museksk8r
10-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Well I was gonna say "having dinner with query5" but that's not an option...

:lol: You took my answer! I'm sure Zhang has no other fan quite like query5/fairly4. :biggrinbo

smarts1
10-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Ugh what bothers me most was that she should have been on that world team in 2009, but the judges decided to be retards and put an inconsistent Czisny on the team. And guess what, we lost our 3 spots to the Olympics. (I Know, we can argue that Zhang might have bombed, yadda yadda, but compared to Czisny, Zhang was 10000x more consistent in 09 than Czisny ever was.)

museksk8r
10-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Ugh what bothers me most was that she should have been on that world team in 2009, but the judges decided to be retards and put an inconsistent Czisny on the team. And guess what, we lost our 3 spots to the Olympics. (I Know, we can argue that Zhang might have bombed, yadda yadda, but compared to Czisny, Zhang was 10000x more consistent in 09 than Czisny ever was.)

The US entered LA Worlds with 2 spots based on the 2008 Worlds results and they left the LA Worlds with 2 spots. Czisny didn't lose anything that was not already lost. Zhang may have fared the same or even worse in LA . . . you just never know. Worlds pressure is not the same as 4CC or Grand Prix event pressure. Skaters rise and fall from one event to the next.

Beefcake
10-29-2010, 04:34 PM
I don't mean this as an insult, because it was a great accomplishment ... but I think that Caroline's "career high point" will be winning the Junior Worlds, a couple of years back. :respec:

IMO, this rates higher than making any of the bottom three selections. Certainly better than being an also-ran at USNs, and, yes, even better than making a [Senior] Worlds team and finishing 6-10 (which I believe is a decent possibility).

Polymer Bob
10-29-2010, 07:06 PM
Ugh what bothers me most was that she should have been on that world team in 2009, but the judges decided to be retards and put an inconsistent Czisny on the team. And guess what, we lost our 3 spots to the Olympics.

I will always believe Rachael and Caroline could have gotten our 3 spots back for Worlds and Olympics. But there is one thing I am not sure of. Could Rachael, Mirai and Ashley have RETAINED our 3 spots? Ashley would have to have 2 great skates, but I guess it's possible.

smarts1
10-29-2010, 07:08 PM
The US entered LA Worlds with 2 spots based on the 2008 Worlds results and they left the LA Worlds with 2 spots. Czisny didn't lose anything that was not already lost. Zhang may have fared the same or even worse in LA . . . you just never know. Worlds pressure is not the same as 4CC or Grand Prix event pressure. Skaters rise and fall from one event to the next.

Yeah, that's true, but just given Caroline's track record, she peaks late in the season. Even more, it didn't take much for Alissa to place at least 8th in LA (which would have given us our three spots back). All she needed was to land ONE MORE TRIPLE. Ugh, she fell twice in the short and then double a toe in the long. I mean really? Caroline was consistently landing at least 6 triples late that year in the LP.

And as far as everyone was concerned, the point of Worlds in 09 was to gain back our 3 spots, which Czisny didn't help at all.

query5
10-29-2010, 09:08 PM
too musketter and ozzie

i am justj pointing out the prejudices which you obviously and dumb and blind to the point .
you obvousily hate zhang and obvouisly mean to demean her and can't stand when jpeople defend her.
personally the way you are talking which talked last two years is her career was over with since 2008 when they started to nail her and let the others go.
see agznes ast skate canada--overlook her 2nd triple triple and ur.
they obvously counted. and cynthia overlooked her urs,
they skated slow and labored but you only notice the mistakes of your enemies
i was telling everyone c zhangs career has been over for the past two years. only i didn't do it quietly, loudly and got nailed by you guys.
i am no FAN Of Cheating, lyting , and whatever your sport inspires which obviously you skaters, and fans are fan of lying and cheating, and want it to continue and worse you think you can fool the american public with that garbarge.
i wonder if skating with the celebirities will be all white.

query5
10-29-2010, 09:12 PM
as in case of the ridiculous poll.
if you didn't know her career was already over, why post such as nasty thing.
if you even thought she had a chance why even question it.
because you know you did your part in hurting her chances, career and character at the same time you build up, rachels, mirai, ashley, alissa, and now agnes,
you think gao is going to better no, i think her ethnicity will hurt.
becuase you want it to be and "all white:" club, and all rich club going back to the days of it being "royality sport".
you haven't and will not change, even you fans approve.
i dissapprove.