PDA

View Full Version : Can Hanyu and Murakami make the world team this year & if so, who would they replace?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

miki88
10-29-2010, 01:51 AM
Me too. Especially since she's worked a lot on her flexibility and spins recently, they are now up to snuff with the rest of the top ladies (not amazing, but not bad like in her earlier years). Plus she was pretty consistent with her jumps all last season.

She was consistent but so lackluster. To a lesser extent, she shares the same problem as Flatt. And she did get dinged with underrotations. The new rules give her more points for that but the judges also seem to be more willing to give out calls. The judges will reward her only if the other top skaters don't perform up to par. Mirai has more of a chance than Miki, if she's consistent.

judgejudy27
10-29-2010, 02:17 AM
If she is training still which she reportedly is Rochette would be crazy to not show up for Worlds this year the way things are now. However I think Kim will be in pretty good shape for Worlds. I have no idea what to expect from Mao anymore. Mirai is a question mark at this point but I agree if she skates well she has a very good shot.

lowtherlore
10-29-2010, 02:22 AM
... she's worked a lot on her flexibility and spins recently, they are now up to snuff with the rest of the top ladies (not amazing, but not bad like in her earlier years). Plus she was pretty consistent with her jumps all last season.

Yes her skating seems getting better overall. I think she can hold her own fine in any competition, if she stays in shape.

Marco
10-29-2010, 02:46 AM
She was consistent but so lackluster. To a lesser extent, she shares the same problem as Flatt.

Ouch, but true. A Rachael Flatt with speed and power, and at times, nice footwork.

blue_idealist
10-29-2010, 03:14 AM
No one's mentioned Fumie yet..

JerseySlore
10-29-2010, 03:27 AM
Is she even there?

pinky166
10-29-2010, 04:24 AM
Ouch, but true. A Rachael Flatt with speed and power, and at times, nice footwork.

Not to mention a beautiful face and sleek body build....because we all know that makes a difference whether we want to recognize it or not. Ando also tends to get pretty good PCS, certainly higher than Flatt's, and where World's is in Japan this season, I wouldn't be surprised if she was issued hometown bonus points.

pinky166
10-29-2010, 04:27 AM
She was consistent but so lackluster. To a lesser extent, she shares the same problem as Flatt. And she did get dinged with underrotations. The new rules give her more points for that but the judges also seem to be more willing to give out calls. The judges will reward her only if the other top skaters don't perform up to par. Mirai has more of a chance than Miki, if she's consistent.

The judges don't seem to have issues with letting Miki win competitions though. She was lackluster at the GPF and Olympics but her FS at Worlds I thought was quite good.

miki88
10-29-2010, 05:01 AM
The judges don't seem to have issues with letting Miki win competitions though. She was lackluster at the GPF and Olympics but her FS at Worlds I thought was quite good.

And yet they let Lepisto on the podium.
She was pretty lackluster all season. She only seemed good because the other top skaters were struggling quite a bit. Once the others got their form back by Olympics, Miki was overshadowed again. Anyways, she might get on the podium, but I don't think she's going to win barring a meltdown from others.

judgejudy27
10-29-2010, 05:32 AM
The judges don't seem to have issues with letting Miki win competitions though.

Sure, over Leonova. :lol:

judgejudy27
10-29-2010, 05:33 AM
No one's mentioned Fumie yet..

Well nobody mentions Mira Leung either. They have about the same chance of making the World team for their respective countries this year.

skateboy
10-29-2010, 05:35 AM
Murakami, maybe. Hanyu, no.

bek
10-29-2010, 06:39 AM

You forgot to mention a Rachael Flatt with HUGE jumps too. Ando's jumps can really be spectacular when they are on. Don't think Ando was ever truly better than Mao. Mao has a special it quality with her gorgeous line and ability to listen to music than Miki has never had.

Ziggy
10-29-2010, 10:42 AM
And yet they let Lepisto on the podium.
She was pretty lackluster all season. She only seemed good because the other top skaters were struggling quite a bit. Once the others got their form back by Olympics, Miki was overshadowed again. Anyways, she might get on the podium, but I don't think she's going to win barring a meltdown from others.

Well unlike Ando, Lepisto has awesome basics and very well choreographed programs.

And Ando has.... uhmmm.... jumps. A great deal of which are underrotated to a smaller or larger extent. :P

Well nobody mentions Mira Leung either. They have about the same chance of making the World team for their respective countries this year.

:rofl:

So EVILLE but so true. :D

RumbleFish
10-29-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm not sold on Murakami yet, but Ando will definitely get a spot.
1. 4S<
2. 3Lz-3L<
3. Back loading of 5 jumping passes
IMO, Asada doesn't stand a chance.