PDA

View Full Version : Can Hanyu and Murakami make the world team this year & if so, who would they replace?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Extranjera
11-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Mao is the only hope for Japan to win the gold medal in ladies competition (I don't think there is someone else who can beat Yuna) , but if she doesn't have her great shape before 4CC I don't see the reason to send her for Worlds. There are skaters who deserve it more.

I want Murakami, Suzuki and Imai on the team but obviously that's dreamland territory.

As for Imai's PCS, she deserves higher but she's not yet "famous enough." :/

I agree about PCS for Imai, but... world team without Ando? Are you serious?

Ziggy
11-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Imai is very expressive and skates to the music. Judges need to work on marking her higher. :P

I agree about PCS for Imai, but... world team without Ando? Are you serious?

Anybody but that lifeless drone, please. I know her place on the team is pretty much a lock but I can dream. :P

oleada
11-30-2010, 10:07 PM
I think Imai skates completely though the music and her arms need major work. :P

But she has tons of potential, but she's not there yet.

burntBREAD
11-30-2010, 10:10 PM
I think Imai skates completely though the music and her arms need major work. :P

Her SP: good. I really like it, she's expressive and it's a overall solid program. She does flail a little bit too much, but nowhere close to last year's SP.

Her LP: bad. The music goes by so fast that after her first jump wasn't too good, she spent the rest of the time chasing the music that left her. She didn't get any credit on the spiral because she didn't hold it long enough, I think. Then, at the end she finished the spin way, way after the music. Has Polovetsian Dances really worked for any singles skater? I remember Ashley Wagner was really rushed (even more than usual) last year in her LP too.

Tak
12-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Based on Seasons Best scores including recently completed JPN Junior Nats (usually top 4-5 gets senior Nats invite)
1. 174.47 Miki Ando
2. 172.74 Akiko Suzuki
3. 164.93 Kanako Murakami
4. 158.42 Risa Shoji (JPN Jnr 1st)
5. 154.54 Haruka Imai
6. 148.02 Mao Asada
7. 147.28 Kako Tomotaki (JPN Jr 2nd)
8. 144.21 Miyabi Ohba (JPN Jr 3rd)
9. 140.22 Satoko Miyahara (JPN Jr 4th)
10. 138.18 Fumie Suguri
Even accounting for Jr Nationals inflation, addtional element should add perhaps just under 2points to Jr skaters doing sr program. Tomotaki will overtake Mao.
If this were the final standings at JPN Sr Nationals, JSF will probably have skate-off at 4CC with Murakami, Imai and Mao.

pinky166
12-02-2010, 06:40 PM

I like Imai but I actually think Risa Shoji will overshadow her soon, although due to her birthday (July 5, 1996) she won't be eligible for senior events until the 2012-2013 season. That being said I think a Junior Worlds team of Imai, Shoji and Tomatako could bring home very good results.

burntBREAD
12-02-2010, 08:00 PM
I like Imai but I actually think Risa Shoji will overshadow her soon, although due to her birthday (July 5, 1996) she won't be eligible for senior events until the 2012-2013 season. That being said I think a Junior Worlds team of Imai, Shoji and Tomatako could bring home very good results.

Risa's jump technique is less than solid. Gosh, so many of these Japanese girls are so talented but have less than solid technique, it's really unfortunate..

PUNKPRINCESS
12-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Risa's jump technique is less than solid. Gosh, so many of these Japanese girls are so talented but have less than solid technique, it's really unfortunate..
Well, the American girls aren't much better off. The best technicians tend to be Russians.

burntBREAD
12-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Well, the American girls aren't much better off. The best technicians tend to be Russians.

You're right. Though the Russians are lacking in packaging and non-jump refinement. Can't there be a combination?! ;)

pinky166
12-02-2010, 08:37 PM

She has an awful flutz and some of her technique is iffy but at least she gets lot of height on her jumps, which bodes well for the future when she grows.

NMURA
12-02-2010, 08:42 PM
She has an awful flutz and some of her technique is iffy but at least she gets lot of height on her jumps, which bodes well for the future when she grows.

Shoji's flutz is not awful. Actually her edges of both Lz and F are "flat" and that's why sometimes she receives "e" on both jumps.

Allen
12-02-2010, 10:51 PM

I'm pretty sure I've seen some raggedy technique from Russian skaters as well.

pinky166
12-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Shoji's flutz is not awful. Actually her edges of both Lz and F are "flat" and that's why sometimes she receives "e" on both jumps.

I didn't mean deep inside edge so much as just a swingy entrance to that jump in general.

chipso1
12-02-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm pretty sure I've seen some raggedy technique from Russian skaters as well.

ITA. Ksenia Doronina, anyone? :scream:

pinky166
12-03-2010, 01:14 AM
ITA. Ksenia Doronina, anyone? :scream:

Or Anna Ovcharova. I love that girl dearly, and she is fantastic, but her jumps are very weird looking.