PDA

View Full Version : Japan - travel tips and stupid questions

Pages : 1 [2]

midori
10-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Of course I still have it!!! And very much hope that you can use it for Akiko at Worlds again!!
Thank you!:biggrinbo

About Worlds, unfortunately I have not heard anything after the last post other than the isu announcement.

Midori, you said that it is spring break during that time. Does it get very crowded in hostels then? I usually don't like to book ahead so I can be more flexible in stay longer in a place when I like it and vice versa.

It was not very crowded when last time I traveled by hostels in Japan other than some popular places which needed to book a few days ahead, but it was March about 20 years ago :shuffle:. After that, I usually stay in hotels when I travel within Japan.

Capsule hotels are mainly for drunk businessmen who've missed their last train home. I've never stayed in one
I have not either and I probably would not. I would rather go to "net-cafe" instead, but fortunately I did not have to yet.

midori, when I said the deers in Nara were semi-tame I meant that they are not afraid of people. :lol:

I see. Yeah, now people are more afraid of them than they are afraid of people.

allezfred
10-27-2010, 07:47 PM
I have not either and I probably would not. I would rather go to "net-cafe" instead, but fortunately I did not have to yet.

Personally, I think a Japanese net cafe would be more interesting to spend a night at than a capsule hotel.

I see. Yeah, now people are more afraid of them than they are.

So long as you don't have any food, you are usually safe. The moment the deer see you have food though. :scream:

Hedwig
10-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Net cafe - I read about that as well. It sounds very stuffy though with all the computers polluting the air.

Anyway, I was trying to find out the email adress of the JSF in order to ask about Worlds and tickets but my Japanese consists of "My name is Hedwig and I am from Germany" :shuffle: so I wasn't able to find an email adress.
Could one of you help me with that?

ks777
10-27-2010, 09:41 PM
If you don't like to stay at hotels, you can try a guest house. I used to stay at a guest house in Tokyo for a few years. It's a good way to meet other people from all over the world. you can find all the guest houses infos here http://metropolis.co.jp/

midori
10-28-2010, 02:43 AM
Anyway, I was trying to find out the email adress of the JSF in order to ask about Worlds and tickets but my Japanese consists of "My name is Hedwig and I am from Germany" :shuffle: so I wasn't able to find an email adress.
Could one of you help me with that?

JSF: jsf@skatingjapan.or.jp
Worlds Organizing Committee: info@worlds2011.jp

zhenya271
10-28-2010, 04:56 AM
Hedwig,
You've already heard by now, that Japan isn't as expensive as you expected, but I wanted to offer that when I moved from Japan to Germany six years ago, we found Germany to be more expensive. I think the Stuttgart area is one of the more higher cost of living areas, but just in general, traveling around Europe was more costlier, except for getting to neighboring countries, definitely more expensive in Asia!