PDA

View Full Version : Is it a cake that eats like a pie or vice versa?

Pages : [1] 2

orbitz
10-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Pumpple Cake (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39831216/ns/today-foodwine/)

The Flying Monkey bakery in Philadelphia created the Pumpple cake:
pumpkin and apple pies baked in chocolate and vanilla cake, fused together and surrounded by buttercream icing.

Now serve this with a deep-fried turkey for your Thanksgiving dinner, and no one will be able to move afterward, LOL.

Norlite
10-26-2010, 07:31 PM
I want pie. I think I'll bake one or two.

Yuk on this one though.

skatingfan5
10-26-2010, 07:32 PM
Pumpple Cake (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39831216/ns/today-foodwine/)

The Flying Monkey bakery in Philadelphia created the Pumpple cake: I don't care if it's a pie or cake, it sounds disgusting to me. :scream:

Now serve this with a deep-fried turkey for your Thanksgiving dinner, and no one will be able to move afterward, LOL.I think the Pumpple Cake should follow a turducken on the menu.

Reuven
10-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Don’t let Jamesy near the place....

danceronice
10-26-2010, 08:54 PM
I don't know what it is, but it sounds DISGUSTING.

emason
10-26-2010, 08:59 PM
I don't know what it is, but it sounds DISGUSTING.

Looks DISGUSTING also.

danceronice
10-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Looks DISGUSTING also.

Maybe it's a subtle weight-loss thing because the picture actually put me off the thought of cake OR pie.

orbitz
10-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Looks DISGUSTING also.

It looks like one of those Carvel's ice-cream cake that you can buy at your local market freezer section. The next step is to stick cookies and brownies inside there also, LOL.

I would probably take a bite if there's a piece nearby :shuffle:.

overedge
10-26-2010, 09:47 PM
This looks like something Sandra Lee would make. (<--not a compliment)

Japanfan
10-26-2010, 10:14 PM
What's the point of a cake like this? A cake and a pie don't go together well. You don't want pie crust in cake or chocolate icing on apple pie.

I had a similar reaction to the fried Mars bar. Such extreme foods are the trend and I think that people in the food industry should find better things to do with their time.

bobalina77
10-26-2010, 11:20 PM
I could see it if it were an ice cream cake with pie inside. Pie and ice cream make sense. This is just weird lol.

uyeahu
10-27-2010, 05:47 AM
I actually had an amazing and strange cake combo at the Landmark Diner in Atlanta a few weeks back. It was a delicious cheesecake baked inside a traditional vanilla cake shell with a dark chocolate ganache icing. And it was delicious.

CantALoop
10-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Even the name is vaguely disgusting - "pumpple" is only two letters off from "pimple".

skateboy
10-27-2010, 07:23 AM
Even the name is vaguely disgusting - "pumpple" is only two letters off from "pimple".

:lol: That's exactly what I thought!

Gypsy
10-27-2010, 04:31 PM
I actually had an amazing and strange cake combo at the Landmark Diner in Atlanta a few weeks back. It was a delicious cheesecake baked inside a traditional vanilla cake shell with a dark chocolate ganache icing. And it was delicious.

My niece (has her own bakery business) made a carrot cake similar to this and offers a devils food cake as well.
It is very pretty to look at.
It is a three tiered cake, one layer cake, middle layer cheesecake, top layer cake then frosted with her buttercream (vanilla or chocolate), or cream cheese for the carrot cake.

It is sinfully wonderful.

This other "thing" looks nasty.