PDA

View Full Version : Is it a cake that eats like a pie or vice versa?

Pages : 1 [2]

danceronice
10-27-2010, 05:29 PM
I had a similar reaction to the fried Mars bar. Such extreme foods are the trend and I think that people in the food industry should find better things to do with their time.

Do not mention that first sentence in Scotland. You'll get lynched. Fried Mars bars are apparently a longstanding and very dearly-loved food item. Though to be honest from the sound of it they'll deep-fry anything that holds still long enough. (My mother swears deep-fried pickles actually taste quite good.) I actually gave the fried oreos a try at the county fair this year (fried everything is a fair food thing and once a year, hey...I only have a corn dog once a year, too, so why not.) Not BAD, actually, but like flourless chocolate cake it's not something I'd want to eat very often. From a culinary standpoint at least fried sweets or certain fried proteins make a degree of sense (nice texture/flavor results) but...this is like mashing up food together and eating the result and it's just wrong.

Of course I have a compulse need to separate certain foods into components before eating them, so this is like the antithesis of how I eat pie.

escaflowne9282
10-27-2010, 08:58 PM
This looks like something Sandra Lee would make. (<--not a compliment)

LMAO! That was my first thought! I was reminded of the Edible-Hate Crime cake that she made when I thought of the combination of apple pie and chocolate.

But honestly, Apple and Pumpkin pie together? If that combination of flavors isn't weird enough , chocolate and vanilla cakes and buttercream mixed with it... URP!

Satellitegirl
10-27-2010, 09:20 PM
This is Why You're Fat (http://www.thisiswhyyourefat.com/) <----- it belongs here.

nubka
10-27-2010, 09:27 PM
This looks like something Sandra Lee would make. (<--not a compliment)

:lol::lol::lol:...

emason
10-28-2010, 12:17 AM
This is Why You're Fat (http://www.thisiswhyyourefat.com/) <----- it belongs here.

There are no words for this. LOL