PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Sheen--when do we say "enough"?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Veronika
10-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Drug problems in the 90s, being on Heidi Fleiss's infamous list, domestic violence allegations from his current and previous wife, and now this...

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20436954,00.html

Why does he still have a career?

orbitz
10-26-2010, 04:57 PM
So he's drunk and naked in a hotel room. I don't see the big deal. Doesn't sound like anything that would kill anyone's career.

Two and a Half Men is still a highly rated show on CBS, and Charlie signed a multi million dollars contract with the show recently. So yes, he still has a TV career.

Norlite
10-26-2010, 04:58 PM
((((((Martin))))))

I'm surprised his first daughter is that old now. How time flies.

Veronika
10-26-2010, 05:00 PM
So he's drunk and naked in a hotel room. I don't see the big deal. Doesn't sound like anything that would kill anyone's career.

That alone would not, but when you couple it with his past problems...plus, he just got out of rehab and I think his sobriety is important to the last court case.

Satellitegirl
10-26-2010, 05:16 PM
He's got kids...this is way unacceptable behavior.

Dragonlady
10-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Considering that his TV character is a rich, single guy in Hollywood, who drinks a lot, gambles, screws around with a variety of beautiful women, and is basically a 40+ adolescent, how could his being found drunk and naked in a hotel room, in the company of a woman, be a detriment to his career.

I hasten to point out that "Charlie" on "2 and 1/2 Men" never seems to get himself into the kinds of messes that Charlie Sheen frequently finds himself in but then "Charlie" has never married and has no children. What is funny on TV, is somewhat pathetic in real life.

Wyliefan
10-26-2010, 05:32 PM
I understand how you feel, Veronika, but how do we say "enough" to an actor? How do we even define "we"? People are going to watch his show despite this, and as long as people are watching him, the network isn't going to get rid of him.

Personally, I would have liked everyone to say "enough" to Alec Baldwin after the "little pig" rant, but people weren't going to stop watching 30 Rock either. So many actors do nutty things that we've all learned to compartmentalize.

BigB08822
10-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Anyone else find it curious that he was with his ex wife, Denise Richards? I thought they hated each other!

skatingfan5
10-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Anyone else find it curious that he was with his ex wife, Denise Richards? I thought they hated each other!Evidently even she can't say "enough" to Charlie. :slinkaway

IceAlisa
10-26-2010, 05:55 PM
He could do a lot worse. He could be Mel "Sugartits" Gibson.

Nora_Charles
10-26-2010, 06:15 PM
When do we say "enough" to Charlie Sheen? I guess around the same time we say "enough" to Lindsay Lohan (and her entire family), and Britney Spears, and Mel Gibson (seriously, why was he even being considered for a role in a movie, after all he's done?), and all the other celebrities who get a giant pass on their bad behavior because of who they are.

Norlite
10-26-2010, 06:20 PM
I don't think celebrities get a pass any more than anyone else in life who behave badly. And I know or have worked with lots just as bad as some of these guys.

I just think theirs just get reported internationally.

Rex
10-26-2010, 06:22 PM
I thought he was totally hot and awesome after Lucas and Platoon came out. All I can say now is "ugh".

Garden Kitty
10-26-2010, 06:24 PM
I feel bad for Martin, and hope Charlie can finally turn his life around.

taf2002
10-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Drug problems in the 90s, being on Heidi Fleiss's infamous list, domestic violence allegations from his current and previous wife, and now this...

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20436954,00.html

Why does he still have a career?

[quote=Nora_Charles]When do we say "enough" to Charlie Sheen? I guess around the same time we say "enough" to Lindsay Lohan (and her entire family), and Britney Spears, and Mel Gibson (seriously, why was he even being considered for a role in a movie, after all he's done?), and all the other celebrities who get a giant pass on their bad behavior because of who they are.

This. And add Robert Downey Jr to that list (who apparently has finally cleaned up his act). IMO Charlie Sheen is enormously talented & that will give him a couple more passes. I hope it really was a prescription medicine & that he really is rehabbed. (I don't count on it though.)