PDA

View Full Version : Senior programas so far....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

L'amour
10-25-2010, 05:32 PM
I know its early but what you guys think about the senior programs so far?

I love abott's programs :) I really liek his style. Caro K was also impressive at NHK. I love Wagner LP choreo. I felt so bad about Mao, i kind like her programs but what is ahppening to her?

about dance...my favorite dicipline...I'm so dispinted with some of the progras this season. I don't really like the SD, its so empty, strange with some bizzare music cuts. I loved P/B FD, they have a lot of work to do but still, it a nice program. D/W tango its very Igor tango program, I thought D/W were going to skate to teh storieline of Il Postino...that would be a great program for them, showing a romantic and mature look, They chose a very safe program.

nubka
10-25-2010, 05:55 PM
I really like Caro's LP so far. Of course, I admit that I love that piece of music so much, that I wouldn't care who skated to it or how they skated...I'll just close my eyes and listen! :D

orbitz
10-25-2010, 06:19 PM
I thought Wagner's Malaguena LP looked tired. There was nothing new in either the musical arrangement or the choreographic approach to a piece of music that has been beaten to death by skaters at all levels.

Takahashi's speed and attack in his SP were wonderful. Probably the best since Yagudin. Does he have extensive dance training background? I thought the choreography was maybe a little bit obvious though.

krenseby
10-25-2010, 08:55 PM
I really like Caro's LP so far. Of course, I admit that I love that piece of music so much, that I wouldn't care who skated to it or how they skated...I'll just close my eyes and listen! :D

I really enjoyed her LP as well. Who was it choreographed by?

DickButtonFan
10-25-2010, 09:57 PM
So far the only one I like is mao's long but not her short.

I feel disappointed with both of flatt's programs. I think she would do great with more dramatic music. I wish she would get new programs along with agnes's sp. These girls have so much potential and their programs are dragging them down.

And I like Dai's sp.

Jarrett
10-25-2010, 10:23 PM
... have been crap. :wall:

But seriously (at least for the ladies) only Carolina's SP was interesting. The rest was mess. We'll see what Laura, Mirai, Miki, Suzuki, and maybe Yu-na bring to the table later in the season. I guess I got spoiled last season. Mao's programs will be fine when she doesn't look like she is skating around in the dark but who knows when/if that will happen.

blue_idealist
10-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Favourites for men:
Abbott SP & LP
Takahashi SP
Sawyer SP (I know it's recycled but he's doing it a lot better than last year. Also, his LP will be good once he's done it more than once).

Jeremy's was the only LP I really, really liked so far. Dai's was alright, but not a favourite.

Thumbs down for men: Amodio LP. I hate it, especially the crotch grabs.

Favourites for ladies:
Flatt SP
Murakami SP

Those were the only ones I liked a LOT yet. Mao's were good but she skated them so technically badly, that it took away from the enjoyment.

Thumbs down for ladies:
Flatt LP - the cute head movements and little dances that fit well with the theme and music of the SP did NOT work in the LP!!

The rest were alright.

Favourites in pairs: none yet. Besides Brodeur and Mattatall's, I don't even LIKE the ones I've seen. I don't hate them, they're just bleh. Even Pang and Tong at NHK!

Thumbs down in pairs: I didn't really hate any of the programs. But I didn't really like them, as said.

Favourites in dance:
Weaver & Poje SD
Cappellini & Lanotte SD - LOVE THIS!!
Ilinykh & Katsalapov FD
Shibutanis SD & FD are pretty good, too

Thumbs down in dance:
I&K SD - hate, hate, hate, hate the music!!

C&L's FD is a bit boring.

DreamSkates
10-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Short program - Takahashi. That's about it, until I see all of them and later on in the season, maybe the programs will "sing" better and communicate something.

smarts1
10-26-2010, 12:07 AM
I liked Wagner's Malaguena. It has a lot of potential and it's choreography empty compared to last year's LP, but we'll see what she does to it later in the year. I can't really say much about it because her timing just seemed to be way off that night.

Mao's LP also has a lot of potential. For some reason, she's doing well in the warmups and then she ends up missing everything in the LP. But she's also in the process of fixing her technique--we should give her the liberty of time, just as with Caroline.

Carolina's SP was also great, and I liked Murakami's LP (which also has lots of potential). What bugs me the most is that Korpi got the second highest PCS for the LP...

casken
10-26-2010, 12:26 AM
Abbott's short and C&L CD sequence to "Que sera, sera" are the only things so far that I really like a lot. I'm getting more of a kick out of seeing the GW set to various pieces of music than I expected.

I will give credit to Takahashi/Tran for doing a pairs sp that wasn't painful to watch at any point and actually engaged me.

I might include the Czech dance team's "mishmash of cover songs" FD which is either fabulously awful or awfully fabulous. :biggrinbo

RockTheTassel
10-26-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm absolutely :swoon: over Abbott's new LP. That's the only one I love so far. The short program has potential, but I wish he'd edit the arm movements. It looks so overdone and doesn't suit him.

Daisuke is a great performer, and I don't hate the programs, but I can't help but be disappointed with them compared to his programs from last year. Hopefully I'll like them more as the season progresses, but I doubt they'll top 'Eye' and 'La Strada'.

I really enjoyed Shawn Sawyer's programs, especially the LP. Looking forward to seeing those again.

I'm not a huge fan of ice dance, but I always love seeing Meryl and Charlie. Their new FD is wonderful.

I don't even want to talk about the ladies. :wall:

~tapdancer~
10-26-2010, 03:36 AM
Abbott's SP and LP
Takahashi's SP

D/W's SD and FD
Shibtani's SD and FD
Weaver/Poje's SD

Takahashi/Tran SP

Cloudy_Gumdrops
10-26-2010, 03:57 AM
I'm just gonna go with dance for now.

These are the programs I like:
- I&K's SD and FD
- Shibs SD
- Weaver & Poje's SD
- Gorshkova & Butikov's SD
- Hoffman & Zavozin's SD and FD
- Zhiganshina & Gaszi's FD
- Hubbells FD
- Kriengkrairut & Giulietti-Schmitt's FD. It's easily my fave FD so far and the lifts are wonderful.

Honorable mention to the Czechs, M&N just for the sheer hilarity of the random music combos. :rofl:

Programs I don't like:
- Davis & White's SD and FD
- Shibs' FD
- Bobrova & Soloviev's SD
- Gorshkova & Butikov's FD
- Cappellini & LaNotte's SD and FD
- Pechalat & Bourzat's FD

Everything else I'm either undecided on or just too meh on to even care.

Tak
10-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Just going by NHK and a few more I could find on You tube [so I havent seen everybody and videos sometimes dont give a true impression, but]

SD
Like -
Hubbells - interesting use of Addams Family music w/o miming the characters - but it works!
R/T - of all the programs I"ve seen, this is the one that really looks like a complete dance to me - not a program put together for elements and points, but a real dance. And the most successful at incorporating the CD into the program and not having it look out of place. My favorite.
D/W - I think the music makes me love this even more.
I/K - Re-watching the NHK, this is the program that keeps growing on me - it gets more interesting each time I watch it.
K/M - this is a jr team Kos-/M [ I cant even remember their names now] - but this was my favorite SD until I saw R/Ts.

FD
D/W - the softer side of D/W. I really liked this and I think it will only get better.
I/K - this program will stand out a mile at Worlds.
k/M - that jr team again. It's too bad they're doing a Chopin waltz Fd when the waltz is also SD theme, but I loved the FD too.

The real losers for me:
C/L - SD - that Doris Day waltz made me cringe, and FD looked like they were experimenting with doing a program where the music and the movement had absolutely no connection to each other whatsoever.

Shibs - technically good, but that style of dancing just puts me to sleep, I cant help it.

On the Fence:

W/P Fd - I think they need to skate this as all out camp. They've got the right tackiness in the costumes, and that cheesy opening heart sets the stage. But this doesnt work for me as a straight dance. It cries out for OTT camp - like the movie. The Duchesnay tango did this brilliantly - that is the look and feel they need to go for IMO. They are halfway there already, but they seem to be hesitating between the 2 interpretations. I say - commit to the camp and really go for it!

briancoogaert
10-26-2010, 10:01 AM
My favorite SD so far is the one of Papadakis & Cizeron, a french junior team. I can explain it by the fact that the Viennese Waltz is one of my favorite CD, and that I prefer the dance on one rhythm.