PDA

View Full Version : Senior programas so far....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

laire
11-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Shawn Sawyer's LP is the best program so far for me.
Also, W/P's SD - probably the only SD I liked.

briancoogaert
11-15-2010, 09:00 PM
It was hard for me to like Carolina Kostner's new LP, because I'm a big fan of Janet Lynn, and especially her wonderful Afternoon of a faun. But the more I watch Carolina's LP, the more I like it, with or without the jumps. The beauty is just out there : I love both performances (NHK and Skate America)
Carolina, I love you ! :cheer2:

siberia82
11-16-2010, 01:25 AM
In no particular order:

Rippon's SP & LP
Sawyer's SP & LP
Abbott's SP
Berntsson's SP
Takahashi's SP
Verner's SP

jl22aries
11-17-2010, 06:54 AM
Both Abbott's SP and LP
Shib's FD
C/P's Eleanor Rigby (so good!!!)
Chan's SP

Would like to add Verner's SP

And if we can honourably mention exhibition programs: Takahashi's Amelie. Is SO FREAKIN AWESOME.

robinhood
11-17-2010, 10:56 AM
S/S Pink Panther is the Program of the Season for me!! Somebody has to create an emoticon with Aliona's pink divaness:glamor:

Frau Muller
11-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Oh, I love this sort of topic! Like many other fans, I maintain my favorite-programs list as the season progresses. With 4 out of 6 G-P events done, here are mine. My "absolute-masterpieces" are in bold:

LADIES SPs

1. MURAKAMI - Jumpin' Jack (no doubt about that one!)
2. Lacoste - Ojos Negros
3. Suzuki - Tango Jalousie

LADIES LPs (no true "masterpieces" yet...I may have to wait for Yu-Na to appear in March?)

1. Czisny - Winter and Spring
2. Suzuki - Fiddler on the Roof
3. J. Helgesson - Palladio

MEN SPs

1. TAKAHASHI - Perez Prado Medley (Masterpiece!!! My favorite single program of the season so far, in any discipline!)
2. Hanyu - White Swan Legend
3. Sawyer - Assasin's Tango

MEN LPs

1. KOZUKA - Liszt Piano Concerto
2. Takahashi - Invierno Porteno
3. Schultheiss - Romeo & Juliet

PAIRS SPs

1. BAZAROVA/LARIONOV - Secret Garden (worthy of the "Golden Protopopov Trophy"!)
2. Savchenko/Szolkowy - Korobushko
3. Sui/Han - Country Dance (...despite the yukky costumes)

PAIRS LPs

1. YANKOWSKAS/COUGHLIN - Ave Maria (another Golden Protopopov for them!)
2. Bazarova/Larionov - Man in Golden Mask
3. Iliuschenkina/Maisuredze - 1492 - Conquest of Paradise

DANCE SDs (no "masterpieces" in this category, yet, but some lovely ones)

1. Hoffman/Zavozin - Skaters' Waltz (finally somebody uses this music beautifully in an ISU event!)
2. Ryazanova/Tkachenko - Snowstorm
3. Shibutanis - Carousel Waltz

DANCE FDs

1. SHIBUTANIS - Smile/Face the Music (THIS is what uplifting ice dance is all about. WOW! I see them jumping to top-5 at Worlds and maybe surpassing D/W before Sochi Olys, if they keep up the progress.)
2. Crone/Poirier - Eleanor Rigby (it has the potential for 'masterpiece,' if they'd always skate it as in Sk Canada...not SkAmerica)
3. Pechalat/Bourzat - City Lights

blue_idealist
11-18-2010, 03:21 AM
I'm going to make a new list since I've seen many more now. I'm not going to list the music though because I don't always remember it.

Murakami SP
Flatt SP and LP
Czisny LP
Samson LP
Moore-Towers & Moscovitch SP and LP
Savchenko & Szolkowy SP
Denney & Barrett LP
Sawyer SP (I know it's old) and LP
Chan LP (I know it's old)
Fernandez LP (this one is old too, isn't it?)
Abbott LP
Takahashi SP
Cappellini/Lanotte SD
Bobrova/Soloviev SD
Pechalat/Bourzat FD
Crone/Poirier FD
Shibutanis FD
Ilinykh/Katsalapov FD
Weaver/Poje FD

I should say I basically like all the FDs this year..

casken
11-18-2010, 05:00 AM
I have to say, now that I watched it again, I really like Alban Preaubert's FS quite a bit. It still needs a lot of work, but I think he's moving across the ice better than in the past, has some nice transitions (the ones into the flip,loop, and sal are really nice) and the choreography has it's moments and has kind of an understated voidiness to it. It's definitely my favorite thing from him by far.

I just think the two footwork sequences are not quite working where they are now and need to be switched around with a couple of the other elements

I would switch the circular footwork and the triple loop/death drop, and switch the straight line footwork for where the lutz and sal are. They sequences would work better with the music, rather than be overwhelmed by it.

Fashionista
11-18-2010, 06:00 PM
entire post
Every word of this post is so true.

Fashionista
11-18-2010, 06:07 PM
"Are you mad?! Giving a Spanish skater a cheesy Russian cartoon soundtrack to skate to

"Nu, pogodi!" is not cheesy!:mitchell:
;)

DELTA
11-19-2010, 11:24 PM
I absolutely love Murakami's LP.

blue_idealist
11-20-2010, 12:41 AM
As of today (first time I've seen it).. Verner's SP!! :sheep: I'm not sure if this sheep jumping rope goes with this, really, but it's how excited I feel lol

luvsasha2
11-20-2010, 09:59 PM
Ladies
Kanako Murakami's SP- She's just so darn cute!
Mao's LP
Akiko's programs- I really like her this year

Men
Jeremy's LP
Armin's programs

Pairs
Evora/Ladwig's LP

Dance
Chock/Zuerlein FD
Shibs FD
Paul/Islam FD (V/M ripoff or not, I like them)

I would love to like Marlie's programs because I lurve them, but i just don't

luCN
11-24-2010, 05:54 AM
Verner's SP ,awesome!

Abott's LP,quite impressive,although need some polish.complex feeling about his SP,too many hands....