PDA

View Full Version : Senior programas so far....

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

semogal
10-27-2010, 12:28 AM
I agree tapdancer. With a strong skate S/B could have easily claimed the silver. And who knows, without the glitch in the short the Shibs might have moved ahead of W/P. Wouldn't that have been something: an all USA podium? Maybe next year!!!

DORISPULASKI
10-27-2010, 03:04 AM
What? No voids?

Have you all forgotten Zhiganshina & Gaszi's Circus SD so quickly???
Not to mention the crazy FD by the more crazy Mysliveckova & Novak of CZE.

I also like D&W's Sd, but it still needs some work. (I love the music...that really helps) Tango is so not my thing, and their FD is not yet soup. I hope I'll like it later. The same with I&K's FD, after they put in the new lifts.

I wish P&B and Kerrs weren't doing programs that feel like they're putting together a retrospective greatest hits program (more clowns (Chaplin), more Muse?)

I totally love Dai's SP.

And I'm quite fond of Rachael's "I want to Hold your Hand" Exhibition. (It's great to like something I expected to be bored by when I heard about it)

mia joy
10-28-2010, 11:44 PM
D&W:
From now on, I really should watch their programs with the music on because I might like it then.

:lol:
isn't the music kind of essential in ice dancing (or dancing in general for that matter)?

Also, Faiella is 30 :eek:

I don't see how that matters in any way. Are you so surprised cause she looks younger tou you?

alilou
10-29-2010, 06:27 AM
entire post

(((((((poths)))))))

~tapdancer~
10-29-2010, 01:33 PM
(((((((poths)))))))
Was that a "goodbye" hug? Cause I figured poths pretty much isn't planning to watch any figure skating this season. ;)

poths
10-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Was that a "goodbye" hug? Cause I figured poths pretty much isn't planning to watch any figure skating this season. ;)

:drama: I'll watch, complain and then get excited right around the first group of pairs at Europeans. ;)

poths
10-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Wheee, really enjoyed some of the Skate Canada Performances. Viktor Petrenko's little brother - Adam Rippons SP is really nice, passe but really nice. :)

Phaneuf is enjoyable....not earth shatteringly exciting, but she's old school - I like.

Fernandez is such a good skater, Morozov - your CH is stupid. STUPID!

Kevin Reynolds is Tilda Swinton and Clay Aiken's love child - I was falling asleep after the axel but then he did a SECOND quad in the short and I'm fickle. I'm :cheer: for him now. Also...Neil Wilson :eek: his Coach? Choreographer?

I say this every year around October, Oda is winning worlds. :lol:

orbitz
10-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Agnes Z was impressive. She sort of reminds me of Lisa Marie-Allen and will give Mirai a run for her money in the on-ice personality department for sure.

blue_idealist
10-31-2010, 05:32 AM
Wheee, really enjoyed some of the Skate Canada Performances. Viktor Petrenko's little brother - Adam Rippons SP is really nice, passe but really nice. :)

Phaneuf is enjoyable....not earth shatteringly exciting, but she's old school - I like.

Fernandez is such a good skater, Morozov - your CH is stupid. STUPID!

Kevin Reynolds is Tilda Swinton and Clay Aiken's love child - I was falling asleep after the axel but then he did a SECOND quad in the short and I'm fickle. I'm :cheer: for him now. Also...Neil Wilson :eek: his Coach? Choreographer?

I say this every year around October, Oda is winning worlds. :lol:

So I'm not the only one who saw the similarities between Adam Rippon and Viktor Petrenko :lol:

Tak
11-01-2010, 08:38 AM
After SC -

Favs - Rippon SP - the best program I've seen to R/J since A/P!
C/P FD - very different and distinctive
K/K FD - not a real favorite, but of all their programs I think the one I like the best.

:duh: and :wall: - G/B Fd [what WERE they smoking????]

briancoogaert
11-01-2010, 09:27 AM
After SC :
Crone and Poirier FD : modern and soft. I like it !
Patrick Chan SP : brilliant (jumps aside ! :P)

orbitz
11-01-2010, 04:23 PM
I was disappointed with the music and choreography for Oda's LP. It was unmemorable. He's a much better skater than that and deserves something to showcase his qualities at their best.

I'm not crazy about the music and choreography for Rachael's SP and LP. The choreographer is trying to show that Rachael has a personality on the ice by incorporating these supposedly cutesy dance moves and gestures into the programs, but they look really forced.

jl22aries
11-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Both Abbott's SP and LP
Shib's FD
C/P's Eleanor Rigby (so good!!!)
Chan's SP

Looking forward to seeing Mirai's programs.

RockTheTassel
11-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Despite the poor performance, I actually really enjoyed Patrick Chan's new short program. He seems more engaged and relates to the music. I love the choice of 'Take Five' for him. For all the trouble he had, I thought he sold the program fairly well. I look forward to seeing him skate it cleanly.

/unpopular opinion :P

Squibble
11-02-2010, 05:09 AM
I still love Javier Fernández’s "Pirates of the Caribbean" Long Program and hope he skates the definitive version of it at Euros or Worlds this year. :)

As for his Short Program :yikes: :wall: :fragile: :(

I hope Tara Lipinski went up to him at Skate Canada and said, "Honey, you can do better than that! Why don't you find a nice North American choreographer and settle down?"

And I hope Michael Weiss went up to Nikolai Morozov, grabbed him by the lapels and said, "Are you mad?! Giving a Spanish skater a cheesy Russian cartoon soundtrack to skate to and putting all those pauses in a short program?! How dare you!" :lynch: