PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Race (10/24) "Tastes Like a Million Dollars"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

marbri
10-25-2010, 11:44 PM
The ancients probably weren't being yelled at by their partners to hurry up, it's a race :P

rfisher
10-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Noooo, I want Nick & Vick to entertain me with their amazing brains for a while longer. To the F4! :cheer2:

Or if the Infomercial gals eventually topple onto the "grating" side (right now, they're teetering on the fence beween "yay, love them!" and "ugh, too much!"), then I want a seemingly impossible outcome -- Team Tatoo for the Final 3! Racing alongside the Docs and :glamor: Mallory.

That'd be my dream finale also, but I want Vick to kick Nick's useless body off a bridge. We know the man's stupid, but when your girlfriend just hauls herself up that rope without breaking a sweat and is racing circles around your BMX ass, you need to show her some respect.

Prancer
10-26-2010, 01:09 AM
I don’t know…… probably because it is a natural human (and sometime animal) instinct to seek tools for heavy duty tasks

Seeking takes time and carrying something like a stick suspended between two people would be pretty difficult going up a steep, slippery hill, especially since someone still had a carry a chainsaw.

You can always take a shower later, but you can't get back lost time.

Tinami Amori
10-26-2010, 02:40 AM
Seeking takes time and carrying something like a stick suspended between two people would be pretty difficult going up a steep, slippery hill, especially since someone still had a carry a chainsaw.

You can always take a shower later, but you can't get back lost time.

Chainsaw is not in question. Carrying a stick between two people is not an issue. One person was given a chainsaw to carry, another 2 fish to carry. Two fish on two ropes = grabbing a long stick the area was so full of, and tying one to each end. Seems a natural reaction to me.....

But then maybe not....... When I pick up bird-seeds at Petco, I grab them and elevate them on top of my head to carry to the car. People stare at me...... Nobody stares at me when I carry things on my head in Russia and in the Mediterranian places or in Latin America....

But then maybe not....... When I pick up bird-seeds at Petco, I grab them and elevate them on top of my head to carry to the car. People stare at me...... Nobody stares at me when I carry things on my head in Russia and in the Mediterranean places or in Latin America....

Same here….. when you’re given two heave pieces….. you look for a long stick to put on your shoulders and each piece on each end…… If you can’t put it on your head….that is or secure it on your back so it does not swing.

Now, if they could find a plastic bag and put it in their back-packs and tie it up to keep it solid on their backs without flapping and “counter-balancing”…. that’s another solution.

I don’t know….. you kind of look at an “heavy item”, asses its weight, its form/size/shape, “mechanics of motion”, tools at your disposal to transport it and then find the optimal one…… It does not require loss of time….. it happens automatically and subconsciously….. in seconds. Everybody does that....

Prancer
10-26-2010, 11:47 AM
It does not require loss of time

Sure it does. You have to go off course; right there you've lost time.

I also thought the fish were strung on one rope, not two, which is why I thought you would need two people to do the carrying with the stick stretched between them. But maybe I was wrong about that.

Bev Johnston
10-26-2010, 03:24 PM
That'd be my dream finale also, but I want Vick to kick Nick's useless body off a bridge. We know the man's stupid, but when your girlfriend just hauls herself up that rope without breaking a sweat and is racing circles around your BMX ass, you need to show her some respect.

I'm actually starting to like Vick and find her daffiness endearing, whereas before I was :rolleyes:. I only wish Nick was likable. Free Vicki!!