PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Race (10/24) "Tastes Like a Million Dollars"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

genevieve
10-25-2010, 05:12 AM
Oh, feck. I had them winning.

Helloooo, basement.....
I'm pretty sure I did too. I'll dust off a corner of the basement for you.

Nat & Kat WOW. They didn't need to take the FF, and I thought it was interesting, because they seemed to choose it to avoid anything with heights for Nat (or is it Kat?), but the FF ended up being something that Kat (or Nat?) shouldn't have been able to do hell *I* definitely would not ahve been able to eat that disgusting thing and I haven't been a vegetarian in 10 years :scream:
Great mind over matter for both of them. :respec:

Still loving the QVC chicks, and I hope they win. Claire has now done two grueling tasks (including the watermelon one which was harder on her than anyone could have known). And Brooke is a total brick for just ignoring that gash. Even Phil was :eek: Love how they are presenting themselves all girly and unathletic, cause they are tearing it up.

Very good leg for Mallory/Dad and Kevin/Michael.

OMG Nick and Vicki crack me up. Clearly they did not understand that only one team can get the FF, since they knew as they went for it that others would have gone before. But still.... "So, what does that mean? Is the FF gone? I mean, I know it says 'taken', but does that mean 'taken for good'? I don't understand" WTF x infinity :rofl: They're dumb as a bag of rocks, but Vicki is such a rock star at the physical challenges. PML at her cruising by her dirt bike competitor boyfriend after SHE was the one to do the strength-based challenge.

I really need them to stay in this race for the comic relief. :lol:

I barely remember anything Chad/whatsername and Jill/Thomas said or did, other than I think Jill went to cosmetology school and feels bad because Thomas went to some great school?

Oh volleyball chicks. I wanted you to magically be able to catch up, since I foolishly picked you FTW, but you were completely useless. Ciao.

AragornElessar
10-25-2010, 05:17 AM
What had me killing myself laughing was when they hooked up the other one's "diaper" thing that was a part of her life vest...LOL!! The tails of the fish slapping her backside had me crying I was laughing so hard by that point at them. I just love though the Shopping Girls and how they're handling everything. I really thought when I first heard about them they'd be one of the annoying teams this go round, but like everyone else, I've been proven wrong!! :)

So impressed w/Nat and Kat for getting through that w/no drama. Especially when Nat(?) hadn't eaten meat in so long. Loved the way they tackled it too. Cut/Chop it into little bits and take it a piece at a time. Future Racers, I hope you were paying attention, as *that's* how you do a disgusting eating challenge on TAR!!

Just when you think the Mensa Twins could not be any stupider, they go and prove us all incredably wrong. Just what in the Name of everything Holy did they think "Fast Forward Taken" meant exactly!?! I mean...Really? Yi yi yi!!!

Still liking the Docs, Son and Dad, the Shopping Girls and Mallory and her Dad. The rest can leave at any time now please...

Russia next week. Can't wait, as some the previous visits to Russia have made for some classic TAR moments. :D

FiveRinger
10-25-2010, 06:12 AM
That was a pretty entertaining episode and I can't say I'm sad about the ending. I'm okay with the V-Ball girls leaving. I'm still a little bitter that they beat Team Glee to the mat by mere seconds it seemed like. And, they were mean girls, so it was hard to feel sorry for them.

The Docs and The Shopping Chics are rockstars. I don't know how either one of them ate the vile looking sheep's head, but that was awesome. And extra:respec: to Kat. I don't know how she did that after being a vegetarian for 22 years. Wow!

Nick and Vicky have to be the biggest stooges to ever run the race. I won't comment on her comments about not knowing about the FF being taken. But, why would they even attempt it? Five teams were ahead of them. They had to assume that someone else tried it. But, Nick bragging about his biking skills had me :rolleyes:. Vicky smoking him after doing the roadblock was hysterical. He's an ass.

And, no offense, to anyone who is a Notre Dame alumni. It's a great school. But it's not ivy league. How long are we going to have to listen to him tell us about him brag about his education? And at the expense of his girlfriend? He's on my nerves.

Tinami Amori
10-25-2010, 08:38 AM
This is a great season. What a friendly bunch! Nobody’s fighting or squabbling. Teams wave each other “good luck”, Glee Team stopped several times when others’ car broke, teams give each other directions and instructions on the next challenge!

It is so pleasant to see people “fight against the challenges” and not against each other. I hope the trend continues, and the show is about “travel and challenges” and not about “human ugliness”……Unlike other reality shows….. “cough: Survivor, Big Brother, ANTM….”.

A little trivia on the last two shows.
- Storing pieces of the Ice Hotel for next season is a new development. Before they would let everything melt down, and in fall make new ice blocks and pieces out of Thor River ice. Every year the ice structure, the ice guest-rooms, the ice sculptures inside and outside, were all original one of a kind creations. Now they use the same pieces and patterns over and over. I am a little sad about it.

- Sled dogs.
When dogs get old and can no longer run, the owner retires them, lets them live for up to 6 months, and then puts them down. The sled masters believe it’s a mercy killing since according to them the dogs become miserable when they can’t run and work. I asked them on several occasions if we can organize a programme where these dogs will be brought back to southern Sweden and put up for adoption, and the sled masters insisted that the dogs would be miserable…… I don’t know…

- Rain-deer and meat.
According to the rain-deer farm keepers, there is a spot on rain-deer’s neck, which once a knife is abruptly plunged, makes them painlessly drop dead……I saw such procedure once, the rain-deer did drop dead very quickly, and few hours later the meat was served… one hour you’re hugging his sweet muzzle and few hours later it is a stake…. I don’t know… I guess you can’t prevent people from eating the little that is available in their region and what they ate for centuries…..

- In today’s episode.
The Fish would not “flop and smell” if contestants did what the locals do. They should have found a long, flexible, strong tree-brunch, put it on shoulders like a yoke, and put 1 fish on each end. The “Viking” probably freaked out when he saw fish flopping on people’s backs…… :D.

- Smalahove delicacy (sheep’s head)
The most coveted parts are eyes, tongue and meat liner inside the ears. The brain is taken out and served separately since it is a delicacy on its own. The eyes should be cut in half so the insides touch your tongue for the exclusive taste. Tongue is supposedly the best part. But there are no sheep in Narvik…… and the dish originates in Voss which is down south…… So the show managers must have “introduced it” to the contestants for sake of shock…

I wonder how much of a shock the sheep’s head would create if the contestants were of Eastern European, North African, Moroccan, or South American origin…. where sheep’s head is no bead deal.

shan
10-25-2010, 12:20 PM
- Smalahove delicacy (sheep’s head)
The most coveted parts are eyes, tongue and meat liner inside the ears. The brain is taken out and served separately since it is a delicacy on its own. The eyes should be cut in half so the insides touch your tongue for the exclusive taste. Tongue is supposedly the best part. But there are no sheep in Narvik…… and the dish originates in Voss which is down south…… So the show managers must have “introduced it” to the contestants for sake of shock…

:yikes:

Skittl1321
10-25-2010, 02:35 PM
They didn't need to take the FF, and I thought it was interesting, because they seemed to choose it to avoid anything with heights for Nat (or is it Kat?)

I didn't think they chose the FF to avoid the roadblock, I thought they chose it because current race strategy is that if you are #1 when the FF comes up, you take it. Since there are so few fast forwards you no longer use the old strategy of "when it is most adventageous to go for it".

All the other teams seemed to assume the teams ahead of them would have gone for it. (Except Nick and Vicki who apparently didn't read the race rules and said "I think all the teams went for the fast forward" and then themselves went and had no idea what "fast forward taken" meant...)

The Fish would not “flop and smell” if contestants did what the locals do. They should have found a long, flexible, strong tree-brunch, put it on shoulders like a yoke, and put 1 fish on each end.
If this wasn't demonstrated to them, how would they know to do that?

Beefcake
10-25-2010, 05:09 PM
:yikes:
Oh, dear. I second your :yikes:

Mad props to the docs! Wise women for, first, pulling the face meat off of the skull. Even after that I'd have had to lower the skull out of my vision before beginning the disgusting task of eating. I rarely eat red meat and cannot eat any meat off a bone, even chicken ... eat it off a friggin' face!? Nasty. :vomit icon:

Best part of the eppy for me: Vicki, already having [very strongly] repelled down and up a high-up bridge, sprightly passing exhausted Mountain Bike Extraordinnaire Nick at the end of their biking trek. :lol:

Goodbye forgettable V-ballers ... probably the last time I'll ever think about those two. :shuffle: Ergo, excellent elimination. However, I feel for them a bit because this leg -- no bunching, no tasks that could truly trip someone up, seemingly close-in traveling -- was a near TAR death sentence to anyone who had a fair amount of time to make up from the prior leg. The V-ballers didn't seem to have much of a chance, I feel ... they'd have needed a team ahead to get lost.

KikiSashaFan
10-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Whee I had them in last. :cheer:

rfisher
10-25-2010, 05:58 PM
I think I have Mr. I went to Notre Dame and my GF did not in my winning group. I'll be happy to drop in the rankings if he goes home. I will LMAO if Nicky and Vicky win.

Bev Johnston
10-25-2010, 08:27 PM
Best part of the eppy for me: Vicki, already having [very strongly] repelled down and up a high-up bridge, sprightly passing exhausted Mountain Bike Extraordinnaire Nick at the end of their biking trek. :lol:

That was good, and also when she suggested that he walk the bike as she sprinted up the big rocks on hers. Interesting that she wasn't losing her sh*t and yelling at him to step it up, 'cause you know that's what he would've been doing had the situation been reversed.

Jill and Thomas and Chad and Stephanie have been big disappointments and are killing me in the standings. Oh, and not to mention the v-ballers who I had coming in 3rd. Not that I'll miss them.

FiveRinger
10-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Jill and Thomas and Chad and Stephanie have been big disappointments and are killing me in the standings. Oh, and not to mention the v-ballers who I had coming in 3rd. Not that I'll miss them.

I will be glad to see them go, and it doesn't matter what order. Nick and Vick can go after that. I'm sure that the masses agree with me!!!:D

Beefcake
10-25-2010, 08:48 PM
I will be glad to see them go, and it doesn't matter what order. Nick and Vick can go after that. I'm sure that the masses agree with me!!!:D
Noooo, I want Nick & Vick to entertain me with their amazing brains for a while longer. To the F4! :cheer2:

Or if the Infomercial gals eventually topple onto the "grating" side (right now, they're teetering on the fence beween "yay, love them!" and "ugh, too much!"), then I want a seemingly impossible outcome -- Team Tatoo for the Final 3! Racing alongside the Docs and :glamor: Mallory.

Tinami Amori
10-25-2010, 09:56 PM
If this (yoke) wasn't demonstrated to them, how would they know to do that?

I don’t know…… probably because it is a natural human (and sometime animal) instinct to seek tools for heavy duty tasks?..... because when you’re given two heavy smelly fish on ropes, you want to keep them away from your body and to redistribute the weight in such a way so it cancels ½ of it out? (Mechanics/Strength of Materials/Momentum, etc….). Nobody demonstrated it to ancient people….. you just look at a task and seek better solutions….. it’s competition after all.

I rarely eat red meat and cannot eat any meat off a bone, even chicken ... eat it off a friggin' face!? Nasty. :vomit icon:
You only like “beef” in “cakes”…. :D.

FiveRinger
10-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Noooo, I want Nick & Vick to entertain me with their amazing brains for a while longer. To the F4! :cheer2:

Or if the Infomercial gals eventually topple onto the "grating" side (right now, they're teetering on the fence beween "yay, love them!" and "ugh, too much!"), then I want a seemingly impossible outcome -- Team Tatoo for the Final 3! Racing alongside the Docs and :glamor: Mallory.

Maybe if Vick got rid of her partner and Stephanie got rid of hers and the two girls paired up, I might be willing to root for them. Both of their guys are positively vile.

Skittl1321
10-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Nobody demonstrated it to ancient people….. you just look at a task and seek better solutions….. it’s competition after all.

But the ancient people probably figured it out after a few bad experiences the other way. The racers only did it once- if they had done it a few more times they might have come up with a better way.