PDA

View Full Version : Randy Quaid & Wife Seek Asylum in Canada from "Star Whackers"

Pages : [1] 2 3

overedge
10-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Oh dear. This is very sad. It sounds like someone has some serious mental issues....

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Entertainment/20101022/bc_quaid_custody_/

Norlite
10-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Oh dear indeed.

Beefcake
10-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Geez. I feel most sorry for Dennis Quad. As if it wasn't enough that he and his wife endured a tumultuous past year ... nearly losing his newborn twins to an egregious hospital error (each twice given an adult's dose of blood thinner) and then tirelessly pursuing patient rights advocacy. Now his already-off brother goes very off.

genevieve
10-23-2010, 11:19 PM
The Mr & Mrs Randy Quaids have been providing the crazy for a few years now.

I think they do need asylum - just not the type they are asking for!

znachki
10-24-2010, 10:08 PM
I've been following this insanity since Quaid "appeared" in a show at a theater in Seattle in 2007. I know people that worked there, and the stories about the two of them were all over the community. Diva behavior from Evie - who is Randy's manager, inappropriate emails from same, and inappropriate behavior from Randy.

I was to see the show on the last Thursday of the run, and a few days before that, IIRC the producers decided that the show wasn't quite ready for Broadway (this was an out of town tryout thing), which it really wasn't. Quaid suddenly took "ill", and was unable to appear (this was in the paper), I told someone that I was sure that we wouldn't see him on Thursday -and sure enough, the AD came out and confirmed. You could just tell that there was a lot more going on there...

Remember my comment about inappropriate behavior? A few weeks after the show closed, there was another article in the paper. The rest of the cast of the show had Quaid brought up on charges with Actors Equity, and was fined and banned for life http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/entertainment/2004172263_webquaid08.html

Then, Evie assaulted the secretary of the L.A. Equity office. From that point, begins the continual cycle of squatting, arrest, "no show", flight, and etc.

It's a heady combo of insanity, drugs and enabling behavior

milanessa
10-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Canada, you've given us so many fine actors, comedians and reporters. Let us return the favor. Keep Randy. :D

mag
10-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Canada, you've given us so many fine actors, comedians and reporters. Let us return the favor. Keep Randy. :D

Oh, we really couldn't do that to you ... so generous to offer, but it is just too much. You can have him back :lol:

missflick
10-25-2010, 01:38 AM
Remember Michael Moriarty from some years back? His behavior was odd too. Not sure if there were drugs involved, or if it was a mental health problem, but for awhile he went wacky.

I hope this isn't a trend. USA, you can keep your odd ball actors.

Latte
10-25-2010, 02:42 AM
Michael was a alcoholic. I think he is straight now, at least he was for awhile.

overedge
10-25-2010, 02:55 AM
Remember Michael Moriarty from some years back? His behavior was odd too. Not sure if there were drugs involved, or if it was a mental health problem, but for awhile he went wacky.

I saw him at Starbucks not too long ago. So at least he's not in prison anymore...

missflick
10-25-2010, 03:21 AM
I saw him at Starbucks not too long ago. So at least he's not in prison anymore...

Um...when was he in prison?

overedge
10-25-2010, 05:09 AM
Um...when was he in prison?

I think he spent a couple of days in the police lockup for being drunk in public. This was not long after he moved to Vancouver.

Dragonlady
10-25-2010, 03:40 PM
Michael Moriarity appeared on the Mike Bullock Show in Toronto a few years ago. I attended the taping with a friend. Moriarity was beyond drunk. He was staggering, incoherent and a total public embarassment. Bullock said they were going to air the show "as is" and showed little sympathy for his guest.

I think the hope was that when he sobered up and saw the tape, he might get help.

orbitz
10-25-2010, 05:02 PM
Randy was very funny in "What's Up Doc?". Sad to see him like this. Maybe he can get a reality show on VH1, or be on Dr. Drew's rehab show.

KikiSashaFan
10-26-2010, 01:18 AM
According to TMZ they had their dog in the car with them when they were arrested and he's been put into a shelter in Vancouver. I hope someone adopts him, he's the only one I feel bad for :dog: