PDA

View Full Version : I Love, Love, Love Universal Sports

Pages : [1] 2 3

sk9tingfan
10-20-2010, 05:56 PM
I don't even know what to do with myself with respect to the schedule starting today through the weekend on Universal Sports. On the roster per Comcast:

- The World Gymnastics Championship starts today through the weekend

Today, Wednesday at 11 PM EST, The women's team final

Tomorrow, Thursday at 11 PM EST, The men's team final

Saturday at 12 MN, The women's all around final

Saturday at 8 PM, The men's and women's apparatus finals

The World Gymnastics Championship (Only one hour though) is on this afternoon between 5 and 6 PM EST

- The World Acrobatics Championship Thursday at 3:30 AM (EST)

- Coverage of the entire NHK Trophy
[LIST]
Pairs SP and SD at 6 PM

Women's SP at 10:30 PM EST

Pairs LP on Saturday at 3PM EST

Men's SP and FD at 5 PM EST

Men's LP at 6 PM

Can't find the Ladies' LP but I'm sure that HisWeirness has already documented its time

TG I have a DVR and cleared it out for this onslaught! It's a marathon weekend

briancoogaert
10-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Yeah ! While Eurosport doesn't show anything : no Gym, no FS... :mad:

HisWeirness
10-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Universal Sports Web and TV coverage of NHK Trophy (http://www.universalsports.com/news/article/newsid=496194.html#web+tv+schedule)

Can't find the Ladies' LP but I'm sure that HisWeirness has already documented its time
NHK Ladies FS will probably be shown as part of the NBC NHK Trophy program on Oct. 31 from 4-6 EST.

Full schedule of 2010 Gymnastics Worlds from universalsports.com, Universal Sports TV and NBC (http://www.usa-gymnastics.org/pages/events/2010/worlds/tv.html)

Universal Sports TV Figure Skating schedule (http://www.universalsports.com/tv-listings/sport=FS/index.html)
Universal Sports TV Gymnastics schedule (http://www.universalsports.com/tv-listings/sport=GS/index.html)

Remember, you can watch both gymnastics worlds and NHK Trophy LIVE on universalsports.com for a subscription fee.

Unified figure skating and gymnastics TV schedule for this weekend
all times Eastern
*note* there are several repeats of these broadcasts. I've listed the first airing of each segment. See the Universal Sports TV schedules for gymnastics and figure skating above for all of the repeats

Wednesday, October 20
5:00pm - 6:00pm: 2010 Rhythmic gymnastics Worlds, taped (USTV) premiere, from September
8:00pm - 10:00pm: Women's gymnastics team finals, same day taped (USTV)
10:00pm - 10:30pm: Around the gym postshow (USTV)

Thursday, October 21
2:30am - 3:30am: Aerobic World Championships, taped (USTV) from the summer
3:30am - 4:30am: Acrobatic World Championships, taped (USTV) from the summer

8:00pm - 10:00pm: Men's gymnastics team finals, same day taped (USTV)

Friday, October 22
6:00pm - 7:30pm: NHK Trophy Pairs SP and Short Dance, same day taped (USTV)
8:00pm - 10:00pm: Men's gymnastics all around finals, same day taped (USTV)
10:30pm - 11:30pm: NHK Trophy Ladies SP, same day taped (USTV)

Saturday, October 23
Midnight - 2:00am: Women's gymnastics all around finals, same day taped (USTV)
2:00am - 2:30am: Around the gym post show (USTV)

3:00pm - 4:00pm: NHK Trophy Pairs FS, same day taped (USTV)
4:00pm - 6:00pm: Women’s All-Around, taped (NBC)
5:00pm - 7:00pm: NHK Trophy Men SP and Free Dance, same day taped (USTV)
8:00pm - 10:00pm: Gymnastics Apparatus Finals Day 1, same day taped (USTV)

Sunday, October 24
2:00pm - 4:00pm: Women’s Team and Men’s Highlights, taped (NBC)
6:00pm - 7:00pm: NHK Trophy Men FS, same day taped (USTV)
8:00pm - 10:00pm: Gymnastics Apparatus Finals Day 2, same day taped (USTV)

sk9tingfan
10-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Universal Sports Web and TV coverage of NHK Trophy (http://www.universalsports.com/news/article/newsid=496194.html#web+tv+schedule)

NHK Ladies FS will probably be shown as part of the NBC NHK Trophy program on Oct. 31 from 4-6 EST.

ET AL.....Much more better!!! Thank you ever so much! Supposed to be working on an RFP and data analysis right now, and you're so much better at this than I am ;)

sk9tingfan
10-20-2010, 07:32 PM
I need two bodies, two brains and two sets of eyes to take advantage of this!!! Is this too much of a great thing?:biggrinbo

GarrAarghHrumph
10-20-2010, 08:07 PM
It looks like we're getting cable just in time for the NHK. Seriously, guy is installing it on Friday. Squee!

HisWeirness
10-21-2010, 12:29 AM
More info about TV gymnastics coverage from NBC/Universal Sports (SDD = same day delay):

NBC’s Olympic gymnastics analyst team of Al Trautwig, Olympian Elfi Schlegel and 1984 Olympic gold-medalist Tim Daggett will be broadcasting the event for both NBC Sports and Universal Sports.

World Gymnastics Championships Schedule – All Times ET
Wed., Oct. 20 

8-10 p.m. (SDD) Women’s Team Final - Universal Sports

10-10:30 p.m. “Around the Gym” - Universal Sports

Thurs., Oct. 21 

8-10 p.m. (SDD) Men’s Team Final - Universal Sports

Fri., Oct. 22
8-10 p.m. (SDD) Men’s All-Around Final - Universal Sports

10-10:30 p.m. “Around The Gym” - Universal Sports

Sat., Oct. 23
12 midnight - 2:00 a.m. (SDD) Women’s All-Around Final - Universal Sports

2-2:30 a.m. “Around the Gym” - Universal Sports

4-6 p.m. Women’s All-Around - NBC Sports

8-10 p.m. (SDD) Individual Apparatus Finals Day #1 - Universal Sports

10-10:30 PM “Around the Gym” - Universal Sports

Sun., Oct. 24 

2-4 p.m. Women’s Team and Men’s Highlights - NBC Sports

8-10 p.m. (SDD) Individual Apparatus Finals Day #2 - Universal Sports

I need two bodies, two brains and two sets of eyes to take advantage of this!!! Is this too much of a great thing?:biggrinbo
Feels like a mini-version of the week in January where we have Euros and US Nationals at the same time. :)

Pikachuusb
10-21-2010, 05:58 PM
I have to say I love Universal Sports :) but I'm stressing, we had it in LA and moving to Las Vegas we still have it. But in Feburary we will probably be moving to Orlando, Florida and they have it over the air?? Does anyone watch it on tv that way? Or know how to get it over the air? I guess I will be complaining to the cable provider to get it. It sooo makes me not want to move to Orlando. Forget the heat and humidity, I can deal with that, the lack of Universal Sports is the deal breaker :)

joy2006
10-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Hi! Does anyone know how much it costs to watch the figure skating on universal for the NHK event?

Also do you just pay on the day as Im looking at the website and I cant see anywhere to pay in advance.

Thanks!
xxx:)

Allskate
10-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the info. Are the west coast times the same? Also, thanks in advance to those who update us on time changes. Universal Sports was all around wonderful last season.

HisWeirness
10-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Does anyone watch it on tv that way
I watch Universal Sports TV over the air.
Here (http://www.universalsports.com/tv-listings/Universal_Sports_on_TV.html) is where Universal Sports TV is broadcast. Orlando has it over the air (WHDO over-the-air 38).

Hi! Does anyone know how much it costs to watch the figure skating on universal for the NHK event?

Also do you just pay on the day as Im looking at the website and I cant see anywhere to pay in advance.
I believe you can pay in advance. The cost is $14.99 for the whole GP Series and Final (but NOT Skate America). Try this link (http://www.universalsports.com/premium/?systemId=aaafe019-fb67-407b-ab64-91276ca8d2ed&playerContextId=7adf4b94-5c87-4fee-915d-83bb8223cbd1).

Thanks for the info. Are the west coast times the same? Also, thanks in advance to those who update us on time changes. Universal Sports was all around wonderful last season.
The west coast times are 3 hours earlier than the eastern times.

On the Universal Sports TV schedules below you can change the timezone easily.

Figure Skating (http://www.universalsports.com/tv-listings/sport=FS/index.html)
Gymnastics (http://www.universalsports.com/tv-listings/sport=GS/index.html)

inthemiddle
10-21-2010, 07:12 PM
One trip to L.A.down!Heading home for a day then back to cover NHK for @universalsports! So excited to kick off the season.Tune in :)
from Tanith's twitter.

Skittl1321
10-21-2010, 09:44 PM
I hate Universal Sports. I feel like because of it all the NBC broadcasts just go there instead. So I don't get any. We don't get it over the air, or by cable.

Very sad.

genevieve
10-21-2010, 09:54 PM

Thanks!
xxx:)
Please direct any inquiries on how to subscribe to Universal sports's online coverage to THEIR website, and THEIR tech support. thx.

ross_hy
10-22-2010, 03:59 AM
Looking at their schedule, I SO wish Universal Sports were more widely available. Here's hoping one of the satellite services adds it to their nationwide programming soon. I think it would be enough to make me switch. Not really happy with Comcast anyway.