PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision 2011- Duesseldorf

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Jackie Sparrow
04-24-2011, 08:03 AM
:rofl: Well, at least it's not just belly shirts with the Greek flag?
No, it's topless women with skirts :shuffle:

Ziggy
04-25-2011, 12:05 AM
France has an outstanding, moving song, sung beautifully and I am not surprised at all that it's the bookies favourite.

However, I have a hunch that it's Norway that is going to win.

Why?

Because "Haba Haba" is extremely catchy, you find yourself instantly humming along (even if you can't stand it ;)) and it's probably the only song that can appeal to both an Austrian teenager and a Macedonian housewife. And everyone else in between.

I bet it's going to be played to death in all the holiday resorts this Summer and it's going to become a wedding party staple, alongside Macarena and Lambada. :P

As for my semi-final (I'm Latvia), it's definitely the weaker one:

Bosnia and Herzegovina have a stunning song. I love this kind of folky stuff. It sounds very authentic and has an enchanting mood. I would like this (realistically) to win the whole thing.

Austria - boring, non-descript ballad.

Netherlands - boring, non-descript ballad.

Belgium - the song is rather mediocre but you gotta hand it to them: they definitely can sing. Impressive harmonies.

Slovakia - boring, non-descript ballad sung by two plastic surgery nightmares that can't sing. HELP!

Ukraine - boring, non-descript ballad that only won because of a huge voting scam. Awful.

Moldova - "Granny plays the drums" is a Eurovision legend! One of my favourite performances ever. Why do they have to ruin it with this shit? Awful.

Sweden - Kempe's cheesy trash again. /vomit
This is embarassingly bad. I love Euro trash but it goes beyond so-bad-it's good. It's just very very bad.
I'm furious because once again Sweden makes the wrong choice. Pretty much every year I'm pissed off with Melodifestivalen's results. BWO's "Temple of Love" and "Lay Your Love On Me," Alcazar's "Stay the Night" and "Headlines," I could go on and on. And Saade should have won last year with "Manboy."
This year, Danny's "In The Club" was much much better. :mad:

Cyprus - Oh look, another boring, non-descript ballad.

Bulgaria - My favourite song in the whole contest, by far. Very contemporary, decently crafted pop. To make it even better, the lyrics actually make sense and are about something instead of being a string of randomly chucked together words. And I love Poli's personality and stage presence, she's the Bulgarian Robyn. :)

Macedonia - Passable as far as turbo folk goes. And he's hot. ;P

Israel - Oh Dana, why ruin the legend? This isn't a good song. But given the rather weak level this year, it's still miles above most of the shit on offer.
Vintage style Euro trash. Add a Jean-Paul Gaultier pelican dress on top, pray for her singing it better than during the Israeli final, and we might have a top 6 finisher maybe.

Slovenia - Yet another freakin' boring, non-descript ballad. The emo video is ridiculous.

Romania - Cheesy, bland shit. A perfect example of the shit that's constantly played on major radio stations.

Estonia - One of the bookies' favourites. Surely will place well. Good idea for the stage performance, the song is quite catchy... yet there is something really grating about it (maybe the retarded lyrics?).

Belarus - So bad it's good! An ode to Lukashenko with fantastic use of folk motives (that don't fit the rest of the song completely). Every time I see those folk dancers in the video, a huge grin appears on my face. :D Guilty pleasure, definitely.

Latvia - Very hot beefy singer. Passable song. Different enough, to qualify to the final I think.

Denmark - Another example of cheesy, bland, radio-friendly shit. Both them and Romania can GTFO as far as I'm concerned. Surely both will enter the final, though. People love this kind of crap.

Ireland - Catchy, danceable pop tune. This is almost Britney quality songwriting. The problem is: they can't sing. It was very noticeable both during X-Factor and the Irish final. They better put on an absolutely incredible show.
So far, they're not doing well on that front. The video which was supposed to be super professional and amazing, done by best American producers, blah blah blah is absolutely embarassing and looks like it was put together for 50$. :P

The other semi is better but I can't be arsed writing about it now. ;)

So where are the Youtube links?

There's an official Eurovision channel on YouTube with all the songs plus loads of various fluff.

One thing to note - even the live national final performances featured on it are studio recordings. If you want to watch live performances, you gotta look elsewhere.

Dana International, for example, was totally out of tune during the Israeli final. :shuffle:

Reuven
04-25-2011, 12:55 AM
However, I have a hunch that it's Norway that is going to win.
Unfortunately, Stella Mwangi can’t sing. If you listen to the studio version, it is auto-tuned to death. Checking out the live performance, she has no projection, and can barely go past one octave. However, as much as it pains me, the lack of talent does not mean it cannot win. :P

Ziggy
04-25-2011, 01:25 AM
Unfortunately, Stella Mwangi canít sing. If you listen to the studio version, it is auto-tuned to death. Checking out the live performance, she has no projection, and can barely go past one octave. However, as much as it pains me, the lack of talent does not mean it cannot win. :P

You're totally right. But it doesn't matter one bit. :D

The verses sound awful but it's all about the chorus where the backing singers do the lion's share of work. ;)

Eden
04-25-2011, 02:33 AM
One thing to note - even the live national final performances featured on it are studio recordings. If you want to watch live performances, you gotta look elsewhere.

Dana International, for example, was totally out of tune during the Israeli final. :shuffle:

I wouldn't entirely blame it on Dana, BTW. The Israeli Final/Kdam was full of technical problems (almost every performer was out of tune because of that) and other odd mistakes with almost everything and everyone. Hosts who didn't know when they are live (I felt bad for Shiri Mimon), commercials without any notice, and much more.

This balagan/disaster was done so badly, that other Israeli TV channels (channel 10, channel 2 and Eretz Nehederet [Israeli version of SNL]) had quite a funny parody (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MGJ70qJt00) (Hebrew only) on Kdam.

Ziggy
04-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Thanks, Eden. I didn't realise that. Hopefully that was the reason.

And I also hope that the pelican dress won. I voted for it and at that time, it was a clear winner. :)

poths
04-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Unfortunately, Stella Mwangi canít sing. If you listen to the studio version, it is auto-tuned to death. Checking out the live performance, she has no projection, and can barely go past one octave. However, as much as it pains me, the lack of talent does not mean it cannot win. :P
Norway's song is invading my DREAMS! :scream:

Probably means something.....she's decent enough odds too. :shuffle: :bribe:

allezfred
04-25-2011, 12:39 PM
All going well, I'll be able to reveal the results of FSU's semi 2 voting tonight. :)

poths
04-25-2011, 12:40 PM
All going well, I'll be able to reveal the results of FSU's semi 2 voting tonight. :)

:inavoid:

MikiAndoFan#1
04-25-2011, 01:03 PM

Yay! :cheer2:

Eden
04-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks, Eden. I didn't realise that. Hopefully that was the reason.

You're welcome!
I thought it would only be fair to mention it, because Dana is known for her perfectionism during her performances. As happy as she was with her victory by the end of the evening, she was quite upset with all those technical problems.

And I also hope that the pelican dress won. I voted for it and at that time, it was a clear winner. :)
It got my vote as well, and so far it is the leading dress :)
Have no clue, though, regarding the deadline of the decision.

Let the fun begin! :cheer2:

Allen
04-25-2011, 03:28 PM

I was so swayed by her voice that I just couldn't vote for it.

Ziggy
04-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Magda Tul rehearsing her dance routine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH-svtpKFEQ&

allezfred
04-25-2011, 07:41 PM
OK, I'm going to do the reveal for Semi 2 voting within in the next hour. Stay tuned!

MikiAndoFan#1
04-25-2011, 07:43 PM
OK, I'm going to do the reveal for Semi 2 voting within in the next hour. Stay tuned!

Wheee! Can't wait! :cheer2: