PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision 2011- Duesseldorf

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

poths
04-18-2011, 05:22 PM
This Eurovision is VERY hard to call this year, non? The bookies seem to favour France but I just don't think that opera has ever gone down well enough to win.

UK seem to be pretty shocking LIVE

Where as Lena's song translates even better live than the video.

I'm not sure if Hungary can translate live either, nor am I sure that a dance record will win.

Azerbaijan are a little middle of the road, but a definite votes getter.

Estonia is another one that doesn't have "winner" all over it, but it will pick up lots of teenybopper votes.

I genuinely think Latvia and Finland are the sleepers, but it really just depends on the night.

Norway, Sweden, Bosnia, Israel and Ireland should also pick up quite a few votes. :scream: I can't remember it ever being so tight! :drama:

Azerbaijan/Germany/France/Estonia will probably be the top 4 when all is said and done ....but I'm hoping Hungary, Latvia and Finland can spring a surprise to give me lots of $$$$$$$$$ (even top 4 :drama: ).

Are the bookies ever wrong though Fred?? :drama:

Jackie Sparrow
04-18-2011, 07:03 PM
All I'll say is that I've received about half of the votes so far. ;) Where do people find the courage to listen to all of this!!!
I might be able to do it over easter or the weekend after :shuffle:

allezfred
04-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Are the bookies ever wrong though Fred?? :drama:

Yes. Azerbaijan was fave last year, although Germany was second fave. 2003 was the worst though. I got Turkey and Belgium at massively long odds (Russia and Tatu were the faves). :2faced:

Where do people find the courage to listen to all of this!!!
I might be able to do it over easter or the weekend after :shuffle:

I was about to send the people who haven't sent me votes a PM to remind them that I'd like their votes before Worlds starts. :shuffle:

You could do like Mr. allezfred does - start listening to one song and if he doesn't like it after the first minute he moves on to the next one. You'd have them all listened to in 18 minutes. ;)

Jackie Sparrow
04-18-2011, 08:55 PM
I was about to send the people who haven't sent me votes a PM to remind them that I'd like their votes before Worlds starts. :shuffle:

You could do like Mr. allezfred does - start listening to one song and if he doesn't like it after the first minute he moves on to the next one. You'd have them all listened to in 18 minutes. ;) Why exactly do you need the votes so soon before the actual events?
One minute? I give them 30 seconds at max.

allezfred
04-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Why exactly do you need the votes so soon before the actual events?

Because I'm going to be a bit busy over the next few weeks. ;)

One minute? I give them 30 seconds at max.

Whatever works for you! :cheer2:

Jackie Sparrow
04-19-2011, 07:04 AM
Because I'm going to be a bit busy over the next few weeks. ;) Oh yeah I forgot :shuffle: Which is weird cause this my next light at the end of the tunnel...:D

igniculus
04-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Wheee, I'm glad so many of you guys like the Hungarian entry this year! Finally we're sending someone who is not all :yawn:.

I'm addicted to Jedward and Eric Saade. So cheesy, but catchy! :cheer:

itsartemis
04-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Norway finally sent their votes. This year, I really only wanted to give 4 songs points. Has it ever been this bad? :eek: Happy I am Norway so I didn't have to listen to our song. :yikes:

Wheee, I'm glad so many of you guys like the Hungarian entry this year! Finally we're sending someone who is not all :yawn:.

I really like Hungary. You'll be getting my real vote May 10th. :cheer2:

Allen
04-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Norway finally sent their votes. This year, I really only wanted to give 4 songs points. Has it ever been this bad? :eek: Happy I am Norway so I didn't have to listen to our song. :yikes:

I really like Hungary. You'll be getting my real vote May 10th. :cheer2:

I really liked Hungary too and was said that I couldn't vote for that song.

Reuven
04-20-2011, 12:09 AM
You could do like Mr. allezfred does - start listening to one song and if he doesn't like it after the first minute he moves on to the next one. You'd have them all listened to in 18 minutes. ;)

Why exactly do you need the votes so soon before the actual events?
One minute? I give them 30 seconds at max.Yeah, that works. About 30 seconds, on average. If I find I want to listen longer, then I know I’ll be either assigning it a number or it’s so horrendous, it’s a train wreck that I just have to watch for the :rofl: So it takes maybe 20 minutes or so. Of course, there are a ton of them that take about 10 seconds. *click*... no, *click*...no, *click*... GAH! NO! :D

miffy
04-20-2011, 11:25 AM
I love 'Popular' - can't stop listening to it!

I also like I love Belarus - how embarassing:o

allezfred
04-20-2011, 12:07 PM
I love 'Popular' - can't stop listening to it!

Even though it has the worst first line of any song I can think of, it is incredibly catchy.

Guilty pleasures! :cheer2:

I'm dying to see how it's going to go down on the night. I didn't think Belarus could top the Butterflies from last year. :watch:

Roxanne
04-20-2011, 07:10 PM

That song has really grown on me and I regret not giving it any points.

miffy
04-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Glad it's not just me! :lol:

allezfred
04-22-2011, 07:35 PM
If there's anybody else who'd like to take part in the FSU voting thingy it's not too late!

Meanwhile, just back from the supermarket and they were playing this year's entry from Azerbaijan. :confused: :lol: