PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision 2011- Duesseldorf

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

poths
04-16-2011, 02:24 PM
My first listen to all of these too:

Poland: Smoking Hot, who cares about the song....

decent-ish, modern and upbeat.

Norway: She has a face like well slapped arse :scream:
Memorable, sunny, faux African and fun.... easy qualifier.

Albania: NaffEnglishtranslations.com :/ Tries to be DRAMTIQUE but should try to find a key. She may have a great live voice though....

Armenia: How much money have they thrown away on this year's entry????? Immediate reaction is...Why is she singing cover version of Sway? It's a cross between Dum Tek and Secret Combination, but weaker then both ....:fragile:

Serbia: Have Tor Spelling as a back up singer. Decent 60's esque song with nice singer and using their own language...but instantly forgettable. :(

Russia: A cross between Solitary Brother by seal and The Only Way is Up by Yazz. :lol: Unfortunately not as catchy as either of them....This is RUSSIA???? :scream:

Still awaiting a solid ethno booty shaker or Dramtique Ethnic folk song :(

Switzerland: I always like Switzerland and they always fail, miserably...this will probably be very weak live and it's a blatant rip off of about 6 different songs. Impressive plagiarism. :lol:

Georgia: Skunk Anasie she is not ....naf rap, check, naff lyrics.... should qualify though as it's somewhat interesting and will probably do well live.

Finland: 10 sugars in my tea....but just the right side of quirkie. Off accent .com that worked for Lena last year. They should invest and a really sweet female backing singer to do some lovely harmonies.

And...eh....I think we could have a winner......
Very "You had a bad day" & " FireFly"

Malta: PMLLLLLLL at the video. Camp-er-van The camp fans will love it, non? I have to knock it off after 1 minute :?

San Marino: You get the impression that singer is very experienced and professional but the song is dulldulldull.com she gets 1.19 from me

Croatia: Always like the Croatian, come on, bring on the Ethnic song....and NOOOOOOOOO Euro dance song! WOMP WOMP with Naff English lyrics. She looks like Rebecca Adlington meets Paula Radcliffe.....Womp

Iceland: AkA, the songwriter died prior to the competition so let's send the song out of sympathy nice enough....it's no Yohanna though

I'll finish the rest soon

Eva
04-16-2011, 07:18 PM
I've donne my duty with some help of Mr Eva. The Austrian votes have been submited. I had no idea the songs were so terribly bad this year when I said yes to Allezfred... But, yay, I found Denmark, that was a nice one :)

mila19
04-16-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm realizing every year we snark the songs of that current year are incredibly bad as if it was something new :lol:

Reuven
04-16-2011, 08:36 PM
But...but...that’s the joy of it!! :D

poths
04-16-2011, 09:35 PM
For the record, I feel like I have really underestimated Bosnia in review of semi 2.....I accidentally listened to it again, and I instantly remembered it. Good Oman.

The rest of Semi 1:

Hungry: Different league, fair play to Hungary! Get Diana Poth as a Back up dancer and I'll be wheeeee.....definite finalist

Portugal: Womp, ah lads...:scream:

Lithuania: Sleepy Ballad :yawn: Musical esque and in french...:confused:

Azerbaijan: They like their duets, don;t they. Worked for Aresh. Definite finalist. Similar ish to the UK (same key, same synth line), who are a bit more anthemic. Probably take each other's votes....hmmm. Possible winner??!

Greece: Thank you for the ethno bootyshaking, even if it does come hand in hand with crap rapper bloke. ...REALLY crap rapper broke....why the crap rapper bloke? WHY?

Turkey: Was not expecting this:( Nothing new or modern about a middle of the road faux rock song, sung by a middle aged dude who was never cool. Womp

Finalists here:
Hungary, Finland, Azerbaijan, Norway, Russia, Greece, Georgia, Armenia ...the rest
The first four have real chances, Hungary are really surprising!

Big 4 errr....5 now that Italy are back.
UK: Their best song since, come Back. Very good performances, instantly catchy. A little similar to Azerbaijan but more anthemic. top 5 placement I reckon.

Germany: The most modern/coolest of all the finalists. Be interesting to see how it translates live. Classy record though, again, top 5 potential.

France: Was not expecting this. France are looking for a win, eh???!! Will pick up votes from everywhere....

Italy: Nice, no cigar though.

Spain: I love the country, I love the people....but not this entry. They have such beautiful music traditions too, which makes this even more depressing.

I'm thinking Hungary, Germany, UK, Finland, Azerbaijan and France are my contenders...with Latvia, Israel, Norway and Ireland as possible spoilers.

There's always a Rhianna type girl that does well, so enter Estonia into the mix and her naff chorus. so ...right:

1st Hungary
2nd Uk
3rd Estonia
4th Germany
5th Azerbaijan
6th France
7th Finland
8th Israel
9th Ireland
10th Norway

Very hard to call....I think Germany will definitely come top 5 but not win, same with UK....where as Hungary could win or place 10th same with Latvia. I may be way off on Finland but it's a nice tune.

allezfred
04-16-2011, 11:15 PM
Dana International was just on Irish TV! Ding dong! Wheee! :D

Eden
04-16-2011, 11:54 PM
Dana International was just on Irish TV! Ding dong! Wheee! :D
Did the Diva's performance include an interview?
Apparently, Dana joined forces, again, with her longtime friend Jean Paul Gaultier (http://www.oikotimes.com/eurovision/?p=4290), who decided to design 8 dresses' collection just for the Diva International.
Now Dana is asking her fans to chose one of those dresses for her, and we get a chance to participate in a mini ESC fashion competition.
You can vote here (http://lifestyle.nana10.co.il/Article/?ArticleID=790880) (slide down on the bottom of the page).

allezfred
04-17-2011, 12:56 AM
Did the Diva's performance include an interview?

Yes. She was interviewed as the first guest and closed the show.

sweetsparky
04-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Spain: I love the country, I love the people....but not this entry. They have such beautiful music traditions too, which makes this even more depressing.

What is more depressing is that while the singer was selected by phone voting, the song was decided by a "professional" jury, and the singer had been basically begged them to choose for her another one :( . Well, at least the "churuchuru" part was completely erased.

Wheee for Dana/Gaultier :glamor:

allezfred
04-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Don't know if anyone outside Ireland can watch it, but here's the link to Dana International's interview on Irish TV on Saturday night. She's the first guest.

www.rte.ie/player/#v=1096488

MikiAndoFan#1
04-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Don't know if anyone outside Ireland can watch it, but here's the link to Dana International's interview on Irish TV on Saturday night. She's the first guest.

"Would you like to marry me?" :rofl: Dana is great!

MikiAndoFan#1
04-18-2011, 01:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX_fhcN02ek&NR=1&feature=fvwp :lol:

Eden
04-18-2011, 02:39 PM
here's the link to Dana International's interview on Irish TV on Saturday night. She's the first guest.

Thanks for the link!
Dana is known for talking openly about everything, just as she did in that interview.
Will be interesting to see how she and her Ding Dong will be accepted at ESC. ;)

allezfred
04-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Jedward Hit Korea (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMC8HSBMErE)

:lol:

poths
04-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the link!
Dana is known for talking openly about everything, just as she did in that interview.
Will be interesting to see how she and her Ding Dong will be accepted at ESC. ;)
She has already been accepted :confused: As was shown when she....WON! ;)

This time around, I think she'll suffer purely because she doesn't have the greatest song! It's not even the best dance song, Hungary have that. But, meh....she's :cheer:

I will never forget the night we were all in the chipper when Dana was on the TV and 2 of my mates were like "phwoarrrrrrrrr, fit bird". :rofl: