PDA

View Full Version : How Did She Ever Get Pregmant?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Hannahclear
10-19-2010, 12:04 AM
We have friends who reside in neighboring COUNTRIES who are trying to have a baby. But everyone is different, do what you have to do.

At 34 she got pregnant on her own, everyone was shocked and thrilled. She carried to term and had a healthy baby boy. She was pregnant again 3 months later! She now has 2 boys exactly 12 months apart!

:scream: :scream: :scream:

Norlite
10-19-2010, 12:10 AM

It's not that hard. I have one born Dec 20th 1985 and one born Dec21 1986

Hannahclear
10-19-2010, 12:13 AM

Better you than me. And don't tell my husband that. He's already pestering me for another.

Auntie
10-19-2010, 12:50 AM

I was born in February, my brother was born in January of the next year. I'm pretty sure that I have posted before that when I was younger, our birthdays confused me. I was older but his birthday was first and then he turned the same age as me. :drama: :confused:

cruisin
10-19-2010, 01:01 AM
We have friends who reside in neighboring COUNTRIES who are trying to have a baby. But everyone is different, do what you have to do.

:lol: Yes, but in Quyen's case it is a blessing that she got pregnant at all. So, having the second one was a miracle. Or, maybe her body just got the hang of it :D. In any case, they are two of the most adorable little boys ever! The oldest one is going to be a heartbreaker, his eyelashes must be an inch long!

redonthehead
10-19-2010, 01:42 AM

Yep my daughter's best friend and her brother share the same birthday exactly one year apart. At the hospital they asked her mom if they were going to see her the next year on June 21st!

As to 30+ women having babies, right now I have....

A 39 yr old friend that just had her first baby. No problems. No sure how long it took them to get pregnant.

A 36 yr old cousin pregnant with her first baby. Took about 16 months for her to get pregnant.

Another friend in her 30s ( I think she's around my age 39 but not sure...husband is 42 though) that just had her second child.

A 39 yr old best friend that had unexplained infertility for years (she's been trying since early 20's sometimes with meds) and had given up and adopted 1 child and is in the process of adopting 2 more kids that is pregnant.

Everyone I know that is pregnant is either 1.) over 30 or 2.) my daughter's age (17-18).

I did watch a show on TLC last week though where the woman was 55 and her husband was 64 and they were having their first child. She did have gestational diabetes and high blood pressure but lots of younger women have those during pregnancy too.

cruisin
10-19-2010, 04:20 AM
My only concern with waiting too long to have children, as in 55 or older, is the long range health of the parent. If you have a child at 55, you will be 73 when that child graduates from HS. 77 when the child graduates from college. My worry would be: being around for my child's future & grandchildren. But that is my personal thing.

Veronika
10-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Does fertility (or lack thereof) run in families? My mom was 32 and got pregnant with me on the very first try :o

My sister got pregnant with my niece on the first try too!

cygnus
10-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Does fertility (or lack thereof) run in families? My mom was 32 and got pregnant with me on the very first try :o

Well, if you can't have kids, odds are that your kids won't have kids either. ;)

cruisin
10-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Well, if you can't have kids, odds are that your kids won't have kids either. ;)

Unless you adopt ;)

Angelskates
10-19-2010, 05:31 PM

My two sisters are I are 31, 32, and 33 - and they (the 32 and 33) are not a year apart. One was born May 30, 1978 and the other June 2nd, 1977. We were all very, very prem.

bobalina77
10-19-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm 33 and this is our first. It took us 3 months after I stopped taking the pill. My cycle was messed up for the first couple months though so it was hard to keep track. I didn't want to start charting and doing the basal thermometer thing cause I knew it would just stress me and DF out lol. I'm guessing that we'll start trying for a second after we get married (which we're planning for September 2012) so there will be a couple of years between the two. We're thinking 2 but leaving the option open for a 3rd.

As PP have said.. if you wait for a perfect time to have kids you'll never have them. You kinda gotta just bite the bullet and say.. okay lets do this. I agree though.. living in the same city would be a must have for me too lol!

Hannahclear
10-19-2010, 09:55 PM
Yep my daughter's best friend and her brother share the same birthday exactly one year apart. At the hospital they asked her mom if they were going to see her the next year on June 21st!

It must depend on how much they sleep. I had a really hard three months. I don't know if it's that my kid was a very poor sleeper or that I just don't handle sleep deprivation very well. But something had to change or I was going to lose my mind. Things have gotten better. I make sure to get at least a four hour stretch per night, plus shorter stretches. Compos mentis achieved! :lol:

That's why the idea of two in such short order would terrify me. Mine's a little fussy on top of it all, but it's pretty ok as long as I've gotten some sleep.

oleada
10-19-2010, 10:01 PM
One of my mom's best friends married at age 19 and had her first of four daughters at age 20. Twenty years later, while planning the oldest daughter's wedding, she found out she was very unexpectedly pregnant. She was seven months pregnant at her daughter's wedding :lol: and her son and granddaughter are less than a year and a half apart.

Meanwhile, another of my mom's friends, who also got married and had kids young, tried for a third child in her late thirties/early forties and wasn't able to gt pregnant.

I always thought I'd have my kids in my late 20's - like my mom did (Sh was 27, 28 and 31) - but now I'm 22 and 27 seems so soon :yikes:

fan
10-19-2010, 10:38 PM
you guys are freaking me out that i'm 28 and don't even have a boyfriend!