PDA

View Full Version : How Did She Ever Get Pregmant?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

meggonzo
10-16-2010, 01:44 AM
I would have thought she would have a surrogate. That way she'd have no problem to keep working as well.

Christina
10-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Yep.. I'll be 15 weeks on Monday. Due in April :) Engaged as well.. lots going on lol!

Congrats Bobs!

:encore::encore::encore:

orientalplane
10-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Best wishes, bobbi! :)

danceronice
10-16-2010, 05:01 PM
It's not too late, lots women have babies in their 40s:)

That's not necessarily a good thing. For the babies or the mothers.

vesperholly
10-16-2010, 09:39 PM
That's not necessarily a good thing. For the babies or the mothers.

That's pretty judgmental.

FiveRinger
10-16-2010, 10:53 PM

Ditto. I'm 35+, and still hopeful that one day I'll have children. There's nothing wrong with postponing childbearing, for whatever reason.

taf2002
10-16-2010, 11:35 PM

That's not judgemental, it's an actual fact for many mothers & babies. It's definitely a bigger risk over 35. However, a woman over 35 can have a healthy pregnancy & baby. Or not.

Hannahclear
10-17-2010, 12:30 AM
There are risks to everything in life, and yes, there are more risks to childbearing as one gets older. But so what? Life happens.

Angelskates
10-17-2010, 01:00 AM
That's not judgemental, it's an actual fact for many mothers & babies.

Maybe they're being responsible and waiting until they're financially stable? Or at least more so? Or more emotionally ready? Younger people may be less at a physical health risk, but they can also struggle more emotionally with a child/mother and fatherhood, which can be a health risk to the family too.

manleywoman
10-17-2010, 03:42 AM
I got pregnant at 37 and had a super easy pregnancy.

Nomad
10-17-2010, 03:45 AM
I got pregnant at 37 and had a super easy pregnancy.

But you don't starve yourself to conform to some warped ideal of the "fashionable" ideal of the female figure, do you?

Wyliefan
10-17-2010, 03:55 AM
Maybe they're being responsible and waiting until they're financially stable? Or at least more so? Or more emotionally ready? Younger people may be less at a physical health risk, but they can also struggle more emotionally with a child/mother and fatherhood, which can be a health risk to the family too.

And some of us would eagerly and gladly have had children at younger ages, but didn't have the chance.

Nora_Charles
10-17-2010, 04:09 AM
But you don't starve yourself to conform to some warped ideal of the "fashionable" ideal of the female figure, do you?

No snark, I'd be curious to hear you explain why you think her view of the ideal female figure is "warped". As someone who has lived most of her life as a..shall we say "plus size", I can tell you right now that in most of society, the ideal IS to be quite thin. That notion is pushed at us EVERY where. Being overweight is one of the last acceptable targets of bullying/ridicule/harrassment. Every where you look, someone or something is telling women that the ONLY way to be acceptable is to be thin. Now whether that's true or not (and, in my experience, it is true), I don't see how she's "warped" by wanting to be thin. I've known actual anorexics, and to me, Rachel doesn't look anorexic. Thin, yes, but not sickly. (Just my opinion, of course!)

What's truly amazing is all the "she's too thin" snark, when I know for a fact that people would be coming down hard on her if she were to gain weight/be even a little 'thick'. (Not saying here, just people in general)

Nora_Charles
10-17-2010, 04:09 AM
And some of us would eagerly and gladly have had children at younger ages, but didn't have the chance.

If I only knew how to give rep! :lol: This is SO true.

FiveRinger
10-17-2010, 06:02 AM
If I only knew how to give rep! :lol: This is SO true.

I've got your back. I'll take care of this one! :D