PDA

View Full Version : NBC Skating Commentators Announced: Return of Terry Gannon

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

RD
11-25-2010, 12:58 AM
I liked Lipinski INITIALLY, but lately it seems as if she's starting to ramble on a bit more. I hope she's not being "NBCified"....

paskatefan
11-25-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm thrilled to pieces that Terry is back. :encore: I am definitely enjoying Tanith, Mike, and Tara's commentary too.

While I always loved listening to Paul Wylie, I guess he's got a lot on his plate this season with US Nationals.

A.H.Black
11-26-2010, 05:00 AM
I've come to the conclusion that the best thing about the Universal coverage is the variety of commentators. Each of the commentators has their strengths and weaknesses and I don't "love" any of them. The best experts seem to be the dancers - Tracy, Suzie, and maybe Tanith (the jury is still out for me).

Unlike many others, I like Andrea Joyce. She has worked hard to learn skating. Some of the references that others don't like are references that come from Andrea's experience with previous competitions. Sometimes she doesn't take the time to explain the history of the comment and they get mis-understood. I also like Terry.

I would still like to add a judge or technical coordinator or even a coach to the commentating team. How about Judy Blumberg since the dance commentators seem to do so well.

RD
11-26-2010, 01:55 PM
I'll never look at Andrea Joyce the same way again. The way she grilled Sacramone after the women's team event in Beijing 2008 made Peter Carruthers seem like a saint. There were other things as well that don't immediately come to mind. I guess she's an okay host, but on a personal level I'm not very fond of her.

museksk8r
11-26-2010, 03:52 PM
I'll never look at Andrea Joyce the same way again. The way she grilled Sacramone after the women's team event in Beijing 2008 made Peter Carruthers seem like a saint.

I'm not a fan of anyone who trashed/trashes A-Sac. Even if she had gone clean on beam and floor at the Olympics, it wouldn't have been enough to beat China in that team final. I'm glad she was able to have a taste of sweet revenge at this year's Worlds, being the only World champ for Team USA, on both the ladies' and mens' teams, and finally attaining that elusive World vault gold medal. :cheer2:

HisWeirness
12-22-2010, 10:35 PM
:(

Terry is not on the list of NBC commentators (http://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/networks/nbcsports/pressreleases?pr=contents/press-releases/2010/12/21/sportseventsonn1292965021205.xml) for US Nationals:

Commentators: Tom Hammond, Scott Hamilton, Sandra Bezic, Tracy Wilson, Andrea Joyce

Maybe he can do some commentary for Universal Sports but I am :wuzrobbed that he is not going to be on NBC but instead we get :yawn: Tom Hammond :blah:.

RD
12-23-2010, 12:32 AM
well at least we know the schedule now.

algonquin
12-23-2010, 12:52 AM

Terry is not on the list of NBC commentators (http://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/networks/nbcsports/pressreleases?pr=contents/press-releases/2010/12/21/sportseventsonn1292965021205.xml) for US Nationals:

Maybe he can do some commentary for Universal Sports but I am :wuzrobbed that he is not going to be on NBC but instead we get :yawn: Tom Hammond :blah:.Is Tracy Wilson doing Worlds for NBC or CBC?

paskatefan
12-23-2010, 12:03 PM

Maybe he can do some commentary for Universal Sports but I am :wuzrobbed that he is not going to be on NBC but instead we get :yawn: Tom Hammond :blah:.

Universal Sports - if you're doing any coverage of US Nationals, please bring back Terry!

HisWeirness
12-23-2010, 03:41 PM
well at least we know the schedule now.

The schedule in the link is only NBC for now, and these times have been known for the last few months (they are in my schedule).

Hopefully the Universal Sports schedule will be released in early-mid January. Last season they covered live most of the Senior (Championship) events that were not shown on NBC.

skatesindreams
12-23-2010, 04:58 PM
Will the Universal Sports coverage be available online,
My cable company still doesn't carry it.

Meredith
12-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Will the Universal Sports coverage be available online,
My cable company still doesn't carry it.

Neither does mine, nor does any cable company in the area. Universal Sports is unavailable to much of the state. Frustrating.