PDA

View Full Version : NBC Skating Commentators Announced: Return of Terry Gannon

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

HSGP21
10-14-2010, 11:14 AM
No Tanith and Ben?

mrinalini
10-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Yay, I love Terry! You could tell FS was never really his milieu, but he grew to be appreciative and respectful of the sport. I'm not thrilled with the inclusion of Scott and Andrea, but Michael and Tara shouldn't be too bad so I guess it all evens out.

And I swear, if NBC springs Sandra on us at the last minute, I'll freakin' scream.

ETA: Yes, and please bring back Dick! Please!

Rex
10-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Yay for Terry!! He did say that he missed skating. It will be good to hear his soothing voice. Buh-bye, Bezic :kickass:.

riveredge
10-14-2010, 03:09 PM
They should bring Dick back. :D

museksk8r
10-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Welcome back, Terry! Still, the fun of hearing Gannon was always how he would put Button in his place whenever he would go off on one of his long-winded and :huh: tangents. :lol: I wish Susie Wynne would return, but less Scott and Sandra can only be a good thing. Hopefully, Tara will limit talking about herself the way she did during the Worlds broadcast. I'm not familiar with Michael's work behind the mic, but he can't be worse than Scott or Peter.

alilou
10-14-2010, 08:19 PM
The good news is Sandra will be (no doubt fully) occupied with BOTB for the next 5 weeks (almost til the end of the GP) - so maybe we won't see her until the GPF, if at all.

And the good news is Terry's back! :cheer2: :cheer2:

MikiAndoFan#1
10-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Yay! Glad to know Terry will be back!

:cheer2:

Also, what happened to Peggy Flaming? I enjoyed her commentary.

chipso1
10-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Also, what happened to Peggy Flaming? I enjoyed her commentary.

Peggy Fleming (;)) hasn't done commentary since 2008 when ABC's skating contract ended after Worlds that year.

Sandra is in Canada right now for "Battle of the Blades," but I'm sure we'll see her in Greensboro for Nationals. :(

MikiAndoFan#1
10-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Peggy Fleming (;)) hasn't done commentary since 2008 when ABC's skating contract ended after Worlds that year.

Oops! It was just a typo!

:lol:

I miss her commentary.

:(

viennese
10-14-2010, 11:57 PM
This will be interesting.
I'm really psyched for Terry Gannon's return to skating commentary.

OrioleBeagle
10-15-2010, 01:28 AM
Deleted

neptune
10-15-2010, 03:28 AM
Hopefully, Tara will limit talking about herself the way she did during the Worlds broadcast. I'm not familiar with Michael's work behind the mic, but he can't be worse than Scott or Peter.

I haven't really heard either Tara or Mike, but I'm looking forward to them both. I guess NBC is looking for "newer models," so if those two perform well, they'll probably end up as keepers.

HeatherC
10-15-2010, 03:40 AM
YAY TERRY!!!!!!!! Boy have I missed hearing his voice during skating competitions! :cheer2:

Quintuple
10-15-2010, 07:01 AM
Yay for Terry Gannon. I'm glad he got to host the skating show on Universal Sports during the Olympics, too. Tara's not bad at commentary. But Michael Weiss is. Even though most here thought he did a good job last year, I found I could not HEAR OR WATCH PROGRAMS because of his incessant talking over the music, the endings. He makes every sentence 50x longer than necessary, and really reduces the impact of choreography and interpretation because I can't actually see the programs themselves over his description of the elements. Ugh.

Auntie
10-15-2010, 12:14 PM
That's great news! Terry Gannon was a commentator for a golf tournament I went to this past weekend. I tried to get a peek at him but didn't see the golf channel booth.