PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Depp to star in "Dark Shadows" Vampire movie...

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Susan1
10-15-2010, 12:49 AM
This was announced last year I thought. Anyway Burton and Depp are a great combo.

Did anyone watch the Dark Shadows TV series that appeared in the 90s? It starred Ben Cross as Barnabus Collins. It was GREAT!!!!!!

The show only ran one season on NBC though :(

Do you have Chiller (cable channel)? There has been a marathon of the first 8 or so episodes on a couple of times. Maybe there will be again. I second someone else's post that it was scarier in the 70's (black and white), but that was probably because we were kids. I thought the 90's version was kind of silly.

Now, skating vampires wouldn't be silly at all, huh? Oh, that just reminded me of Nancy Kerrigan's Halloween on Ice shows. Those were so good.

DickButtonFan
10-15-2010, 01:03 AM
That reminds me I always thought Nancy Kerrigan looked like Victoria winters

duane
10-15-2010, 03:40 AM
Barnabas...Adam...Eve...

I loved this show as a kid!! And I too would rush home from school to watch it! I loved how it came on...with the dark waves and the eerie music!

VALuvsMKwan
10-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Oh, no.

Sorry, I like my Dark Shadows for what it was, and Burton is not capable of doing a movie that doesn't scream "THIS IS A QUIRKY DARK TIM BURTON FILM SEE HOW WEIRD IT IS." And I will reserve judgement on Depp, who can be very, very good or just WTF weird.

The real question is, who's Helena Bonham Carter playing? He casts her in everything.

Dr. Julia Hoffman, of course.