PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Depp to star in "Dark Shadows" Vampire movie...

Pages : 1 [2] 3

DickButtonFan
10-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Sasha would be perfect to play Maggie, peggy can play mrs staughtard and Johnny Weir would make the perfect vampire :D

senorita
10-13-2010, 11:33 PM
I thought Jophnny Depp will play in a skating movie and Burton will direct it. I wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed

modern_muslimah
10-14-2010, 12:16 AM
Can't wait for this, I have seen EVERY SINGLE episode of the 1970s series :D

My husband loves it! He has a bunch of episode on VHS. I've never seen any episode but I wouldn't mind seeing the movie.

MikiAndoFan#1
10-14-2010, 12:17 AM
I'm waiting for a triple bloodtz/double suck-ow/single flop combination!

:rofl:

snoopysnake
10-14-2010, 02:12 AM
I nominate either Stephane Lambiel or Peter Tchernyshev to play Quentin Collins!

And Uncle Dickie should play Roger Collins (or whatever other roles Louis Edmonds did.)

Toller Cranston as Barnabas, please!

topaz
10-14-2010, 03:42 AM
This was announced last year I thought. Anyway Burton and Depp are a great combo.

Did anyone watch the Dark Shadows TV series that appeared in the 90s? It starred Ben Cross as Barnabus Collins. It was GREAT!!!!!!

The show only ran one season on NBC though :(

DickButtonFan
10-14-2010, 03:56 AM
My husband loves it! He has a bunch of episode on VHS. I've never seen any episode but I wouldn't mind seeing the movie.

You should watch it, lots of clips on YouTube and DVDs on netflicks:D

smurfy
10-14-2010, 04:00 AM
Did anyone watch the Dark Shadows TV series that appeared in the 90s? It stared Ben Cross as Barnabus Collins. It was GREAT!!!!!!

The show only ran one season on NBC though :(

I saw it and enjoyed it. too bad it did not succeed, but look forward to the movie. Burton and Depp - great potential.

I also watched the daytime one as kid and was scared. My mom did not allow us to watch it, but I would watch it at a friends house after school.
Then saw reruns as an adult and it cracked me up. I remember Maggie in the hospital, very weak, with bite marks on her neck and noone knew what was wrong with her.

Satellitegirl
10-14-2010, 05:01 AM
lol, I'm almost glad I made the mistake, as this thread is cracking me up :lol:

rfisher
10-14-2010, 01:39 PM
I was in lust with Jonathan Freid. I too hurried home every day after school to watch. The network knew who their target audience was and scheduled the program in the afternoons.

numbers123
10-14-2010, 01:44 PM
I was in lust with Jonathan Freid. I too hurried home every day after school to watch. The network knew who their target audience was and scheduled the program in the afternoons.

Yes, me too. And it was a long walk back home (I AM NOT GOING THERE, I am not my parents). But I could have been on the track team if Dark Shadows was at the end of the race. ;)

danceronice
10-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Oh, no.

Sorry, I like my Dark Shadows for what it was, and Burton is not capable of doing a movie that doesn't scream "THIS IS A QUIRKY DARK TIM BURTON FILM SEE HOW WEIRD IT IS." And I will reserve judgement on Depp, who can be very, very good or just WTF weird.

The real question is, who's Helena Bonham Carter playing? He casts her in everything.

Latte
10-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Count me in as another one who hurried home everyday to watch that show.
I must have been obsessed with it, as it is one of the most vivid memories of my childhood!

Civic
10-14-2010, 08:43 PM
This could be interesting. I used to rush home from elementary school to watch the second half of Dark Shadows. However, I haven't seen any of the original episodes in over forty years. I don't know if the original series holds up well today. I did enjoy the remake series with Ben Cross and Joanna Going that briefly ran during the early 1990s. Ben Cross is a lot sexier than Jonathan Fried (the original Barnabas), imo.

smurfy
10-14-2010, 09:15 PM
This could be interesting. I used to rush home from elementary school to watch the second half of Dark Shadows. However, I haven't seen any of the original episodes in over forty years. I don't know if the original series holds up well today. I did enjoy the remake series with Ben Cross and Joanna Going that briefly ran during the early 1990s. Ben Cross is a lot sexier than Jonathan Fried (the original Barnabas), imo.

When I saw some old episodes as an adult, I was entertained. They had some good actors, lovely 60s outfits sometimes, and it was campy. Funny how as a kid I was scared, but as an adult it works on a different level.