PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods 2.0: Brett Favre

Pages : [1] 2 3

DickButtonFan
10-11-2010, 03:53 AM
Reportedly Favre is being accussed of unwarranted advances to a woman working for the jets. He could end up suspended. Do you think this will turn into another tiger????

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/mccarthy/2010-10-10-brett-favre-jenn-sterger-text-messages_N.htm

http://news.lalate.com/2010/10/10/brett-favre-had-cheating-affairs-previously/

Prancer
10-11-2010, 03:55 AM
No?

orbitz
10-11-2010, 04:13 AM
Nope. For one thing Brett isn't married.

jenny12
10-11-2010, 04:16 AM
Nope. For one thing Brett isn't married.

Brett Favre is married to Deanna Favre.She's a breast cancer survivor, isn't she? He might turn out to be another Tiger in terms of volume of women, but I don't think he'll be covered by the media the same way.

DickButtonFan
10-11-2010, 04:16 AM
And they have children.

BigB08822
10-11-2010, 05:56 AM
He has been married 14 years, and yes, they have children.

I don't think it will be such a huge scandal but I think it will be a big deal for him and his family and I doubt the marriage will be intact when all is said and done.

mrr50
10-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Deanna is a very nice person. I know her from charity event planning over the years.When Brett played for Green Bay, she(actually they) were very involved in charity events. They have been together since college, but only married 14 years. The oldest daughter is 18/19(?) and she has produced the grandchild. It's sad, but not a shock.

Brett's problem is that it happened at the workplace. There have been two Jet massage therapists who have now come forward, the sideline chick was a contract employee but still a Jet employee. What he did is sexual harassment in the workplace and could get him a suspension.

Veronika
10-11-2010, 03:55 PM
:sekret: Brett's had a rep for running around on Deanna before they were married.

UMBS Go Blue
10-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Duplicate thread ;)
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75324

Beefcake
10-11-2010, 08:02 PM
^ not to mention, a :EVILLE: better thread

NC-17

deltask8er
10-11-2010, 09:29 PM
If Woods was accused of sexually harassing women who work in the golf industry ( or advertising, or sports media, etc. ), made them feel uncomfortable while trying to do their work, then I could see a parallel to the Favre accusations.

BigB08822
10-12-2010, 12:08 AM
If Woods was accused of sexually harassing women who work in the golf industry ( or advertising, or sports media, etc. ), made them feel uncomfortable while trying to do their work, then I could see a parallel to the Favre accusations.

So are you saying you see NO parallels or just that it isn't EXACTLY the same thing? I don't see how you can deny the situations are at least somewhat similar. You have another man who is one of the biggest and best known players in his sport, who is married for a long time with children, and here he is attempting to have an affair with another woman and it seems others may be coming out of the woodworks. The similarities are striking. Is it a carbon copy, no? But how could it be, his name isn't Tiger Woods.

Civic
10-12-2010, 12:27 AM

Good point. For all his faults, Tiger didn't do his tomcatting in the workplace.

BigB08822
10-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Good point. For all his faults, Tiger didn't do his tomcatting in the workplace.

Does it not count if Tiger did most of his tomcatting while on travels during golf tournaments? I doubt he was bringing many (if any) women to his home while his wife was out shopping. I am sure he took advantage of his "job."

Coco
10-12-2010, 01:26 AM
The point is, Tiger has never been accused of making women uncomfortable where they worked.

I'm appalled that this is hitting the news cycle ... right before Brett, now with another team, plays the Jets.

This story did surface right before the start of the season, then died down.

If harassment did occur, that's a serious matter. If these women are allowing their claims of harassment to be used as gamesmenship, that is incredibly appalling.

And it's not like the rest of the Jets are models of virtue on this subject.