PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods 2.0: Brett Favre

Pages : 1 [2] 3

topaz
10-12-2010, 02:30 AM
He has been married 14 years, and yes, they have children.

I don't think it will be such a huge scandal but I think it will be a big deal for him and his family and I doubt the marriage will be intact when all is said and done.

I live in Wisconsin. Deanna and Brett have been together since high school, 1983/84. So they have over 25 years together. Their first child was born before they were married.

As a Wisconsinite, I don't think Deanna will ever divorce him over this. She's been with him through alcoholism, drug addiction and other affairs. So why now? Many women stay in unhappy marriages for many reasons, i.e. money or security. Maybe she's not unhappy.

Favre is the NFL's golden boy and in Wisconsin he's gotten away with many times that were "not published" but publicly acknowledged by many because he is FAVRE. I'm not condoning what he did, but Deanna and many of us have known these things about Favre for over a decade.

BigB08822
10-12-2010, 02:41 AM
Interesting, Topaz. I have never heard about alcoholism and drug addiction but I admittedly know nothing about him except that he wont retire for longer than a few weeks.

mikey
10-12-2010, 02:48 AM
Wait- I thought he was gay? :lol:

DickButtonFan
10-12-2010, 02:54 AM
He was addicted to pain killers.

topaz
10-12-2010, 03:10 AM
Interesting, Topaz. I have never heard about alcoholism and drug addiction but I admittedly know nothing about him except that he wont retire for longer than a few weeks.

Favre's addiction to pain meds, mainly vicodin started in the early 90s. Favre use to be a major party animal. His nickname use to be barfly.

There was almost a scandal with the Packer organization. The team doctor is suppose to document medical dosage and give them to the league. Favre became addicted to vicodin in 92/93. He got it from someone, either team doctor's fudged records or he got it off the street or through his personal doctor.

Favre had to check into a rehab in 1996 after he suffered a seizure during a hospital stay after ankle surgery February 27, 1996.

I found this quote from Jerry Glanville, Favre's coach with the Atlanta Falcon's his rookie year.
"I had to get him out of Atlanta ... I could not sober him up," Glanville said. "I sent him to a city where at 9:00 at night the only thing that's open is Chili Joes. You can get it two ways, with or without onions. And that's what made Brett Favre make a comeback was going to a town that closed down. If I would have traded him to New York, nobody to this day would have known who Brett Favre ever was."

topaz
10-12-2010, 03:12 AM
He was addicted to pain killers.

Pain killer or drug addiction, what's the difference? In my opinion, its the same. He was addicted to a usually prescribed drug.

deltask8er
10-12-2010, 03:34 AM
So are you saying you see NO parallels or just that it isn't EXACTLY the same thing? I don't see how you can deny the situations are at least somewhat similar.

Yes, emphasis on "somewhat" similar. Was Woods risking suspension by the PGA because of his adultery? Was he violating a morals clause that would result in a limited participation of tournaments and/or any fines?

NFL Personal Conduct Policy

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/21598/nfl-personal-conduct-policy

And this is about the Minnesota Vikings, the team he currently plays for, not the team he was playing for when all this allegedly happened. But still...

In a letter to players, coaches and staff, Zygi Wilf and his brother, team president Mark Wilf, described the document as the "written expression of the class, dignity and integrity that we strive to maintain in our business dealings, and the class, dignity and integrity we expect from our players, coaches and staff."

Still, it very clearly warns against extracurricular misbehavior.

"If you go out and do something that you would not want to do in front of your spouses or your parents or your kids and it becomes public," Warren said, "there is going to be some ramification."

The Vikings vetted the code with a local law firm and the league to make sure it was in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement with the players' union.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2230341

mrr50
10-12-2010, 03:59 AM
The Vikings are a tad sensitive in the sex area due to the 'love boat' incident a few years ago.

Veronika
10-12-2010, 02:19 PM
"I sent him to a city where at 9:00 at night the only thing that's open is Chili Joes."

It's Chili John's (:drama:), and the bars are open until 2, and 2:30 on the weekends. :P

Coco
10-12-2010, 02:33 PM
LOL, Veronika :)

mrr50
10-12-2010, 02:38 PM
My daughter lives in Green Bay. It is a very nice small city.

Veronika
10-12-2010, 04:04 PM
I don't consider a town of 100,000 (plus 60,000 more when you count the suburbs) to be that small...but I'm just a girl from Sconnie. :)

Favre and Chmura were quite the duo back in the day...and that didn't end well for either of them.

topaz
10-12-2010, 04:15 PM
I don't consider a town of 100,000 (plus 60,000 more when you count the suburbs) to be that small...but I'm just a girl from Sconnie. :)

Favre and Chmura were quite the duo back in the day...and that didn't end well for either of them.

Are you referring to Chmura's sexual assault trial? ;)

topaz
10-12-2010, 04:24 PM
My daughter lives in Green Bay. It is a very nice small city.

I live in Milwaukee I don't particularily care for Green Bay myself and it is a small city. GB is lacking in the diversity area for my tastes. The unemployment rate is over 12% which is higher than Milwaukee(the state's biggest city).

But Wisconsin has been hit hard by the recession and the closing of a few GM plants have hurt the state alot. But that's another conversation.

Veronika
10-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Are you referring to Chmura's sexual assault trial? ;)

Yeah, pretty much. That was really bad... :scream: