PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Race 10/10: "In Phil We Trust"

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

dbell1
10-11-2010, 03:01 AM
:cheer2: to NEL. Loving dad & You Tube Son.

Too bad they can't have a 'jerk penalty'. There's a few boyfriends who would still be in time out. :rolleyes:

Fridge_Break
10-11-2010, 03:04 AM
17 seasons of watching this show, and the NEL surprised the hell outta me tonight!

I have a bachelors in geography, tiny pieces of me were slowly dying with the map task. :fragile: Props to Gary & Mallory for getting it on their first try. They automatically are my favorite team because of that. :P

shan
10-11-2010, 03:06 AM
:cheer2: Team Glee and Samson the awesome taxi driver!!!

I'm continually impressed with KY and dad, they seem to balance each other so well!!

Going down in my estimation is v-ball girls with their yuck attitudes toward their driver and of course Nick who sounded like a spoiled child much of this leg. I do like Vicki and :rofl: at the background music and editing as they struggled to find Ghana on the map.

I'm worried for the doctors, I know they had taxi trouble (didn't they?) but they seem to be in slow motion.

Garden Kitty
10-11-2010, 03:08 AM
Props to Gary & Mallory for getting it on their first try. They automatically are my favorite team because of that. :P

I also liked how the two of them were waving their hands to be called on when they asked the kids where Egypt was. :lol:

UMBS Go Blue
10-11-2010, 04:28 AM
I would have WON that African geography task (I mean, I can literally draw a country-by-country world map in my sleep), and the language/pattern recognition task. :P

Allskate
10-11-2010, 04:54 AM
WTF?? How everyone missed that key is a mystery :confused:

Some were even looking back at it!

And Team Glee found it right away.

I couldn't belive it when the doctors' taxi driver refused to turn around.

UMBS Go Blue
10-11-2010, 05:08 AM
vBets reopened with new odds. :)

SharonDudd
10-11-2010, 06:06 AM
I was so excited for Kevin and Dad!! GO DAD!!! You rocked for not giving up even when you knew you were so far behind! I got big tears running down my cheeks once I realized that it was a non-elimination round!! I don't know a lof the names of the people yet but Tatoo Boy has got to go! His attitude and nastiness to his girlfriend was totally nasty!

I enjoyed Team Glee coming in first!!

It is really "amazing" to me that only one team figured out that you needed a key to crack the many different symbols! DDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUHHHHHHH!!! The whole thing of not reading the clue thoroughly and following step by step directions is such a DDDDUUUUUUUUHHHHH moment! And don't even get me started on the geography that we apparently are not learning in school!!

I sure hope they make a big effort to sort of rub their noses in the common sense factor to something and of course to give something back to that community.

Looking forward to next week!! :encore: :encore: :encore: :watch: :watch: :watch:

PrincessLeppard
10-11-2010, 12:03 PM
And don't even get me started on the geography that we apparently are not learning in school!!

I learned where every country in the world is located and its capital, but that was in 9th grade. I couldn't tell you now...

And students at the school where I teach learn them all in 9th grade as well.

emason
10-11-2010, 12:15 PM
I learned where every country in the world is located and its capital, but that was in 9th grade. I couldn't tell you now...

We'd be lucky if they still exist; I would waste half an episode looking for the Belgian Congo, just so I could eliminate it as not being Ghana.

Now, don't get me started on the teams who didn't seem to realize that "pair of wheelbarrows" meant two, not one.

Bev Johnston
10-11-2010, 02:38 PM
We'd be lucky if they still exist; I would waste half an episode looking for the Belgian Congo, just so I could eliminate it as not being Ghana.

Now, don't get me started on the teams who didn't seem to realize that "pair of wheelbarrows" meant two, not one.

I would be sunk if someone walked up to me right now and told me to find certain countries on the African continent. However... If you were going to Ghana as part of the race, wouldn't you buy a guide book at the airport to get some ideas about the country? And wouldn't that guide book probably have a picture of Africa and Ghana in it? Or wouldn't you at least try to look it up online while you were waiting for your flight? I don't know... I like to know where things are visually before I go there.

The Gleeks are really charming and very good at getting cab drivers to do their bidding. I wish I had placed them higher in the standings! I really like them, too.

I was so afraid that one of my favorite teams was going to be eliminated after everyone checked in but the Docs were still roaming the countryside and Michael was having a heat stroke. So glad for the NEL!! I think the Docs are overthinking some things and are a tad bit too polite. Hopefully they will step it up and do better next leg.

And, one more thing that bugs me.... A lot of the racers talked about feeling so sorry for the Ghanayan children and people for what they don't have. Maybe they don't have a lot of "stuff", but those kids all looked so happy to me. They were running, playing, singing, and laughing. Maybe they don't have everything we do, but sometimes I think a simpler life is nothing to feel sorry about. Admittedly, I know nothing about the disease and starvation rates in Ghana, but cars, mortgages, and stressful jobs and lifestyles do not necessarily mean that one is better off than someone living a simpler life. Okay, that's all.

ks1227
10-11-2010, 03:07 PM
For Kevin and Dad's sake, I was really happy that this was a non-elimination round! :cool: Unfortunately, I don't see them hanging around a lot longer.

Is it just me, or do others find it annoying when TAR contestants pray in such a way as to imply that God would actually care who won or stayed in the race? :confused: *cough*Mallory*cough*

zaphyre14
10-11-2010, 03:18 PM
I have decided that most of the racers can't READ. I know they're rushing but, geez, guys, take a minute to read the clue slowly and be sure you understand the task.

I also can't believe how easily the racers fall into the "monkey see, monkey do" trap. Just becfause the team ahead is running around drawing circles in the dirt it doesn't mean they're RIGHT to be doing it!

liv
10-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I thought it hilarious that many times, as each team was leaving the symbol challenge to the do the hoop/stick instead, they were turned around and actually looking at the key. Wow.

So glad it was a NER too. I like the last two teams and hope they can do better next time.

I used to know all the countries in Africa, but with so many political changes over the years since I was in grade 6 and 7 (when we learned world countries), I would only know about half of them because of the name changes.

Beefcake
10-11-2010, 04:38 PM
A lot of the racers talked about feeling so sorry for the Ghanayan children and people for what they don't have. Maybe they don't have a lot of "stuff", but those kids all looked so happy to me. They were running, playing, singing, and laughing. Maybe they don't have everything we do, but sometimes I think a simpler life is nothing to feel sorry about. Admittedly, I know nothing about the disease and starvation rates in Ghana, but cars, mortgages, and stressful jobs and lifestyles do not necessarily mean that one is better off than someone living a simpler life. Okay, that's all.
This. Though 1) Ghana really is a badly poverty stricken country; and 2) I don't recall anyone but Mallory :glamor: outright pitying the nation and the kids, she laid it on thick enough to paint the whole bunch as pandering Americans.

"This is their way of life, and they don't know any different. We don’t know any different except for freedom and luxury and justice. :o It's confirmed, Mallory truly is the secret child of TAR's Tina :glamor:

Oh, Mallory. But "these" Ghanan tykes all looked healthy and happy, and chances are low that any of them are drugged up due to one-excuse-for-bad-parenting-fits-all ADHD or any other number of things American parents have their kids on.