PDA

View Full Version : DWTS October 11 & 12 - Karina's Stuck With A Bad Situation

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21

Nan
10-13-2010, 06:21 PM
I find it a bit odd that Howard Stern finds anything inappropriate.

Wyliefan
10-13-2010, 06:23 PM

Seriously.

pixie cut
10-13-2010, 07:11 PM

That's what I was thinking.

I also highly doubt he commented on Derek Hough's personality.

He may have said something rude about a slap on the behind.

deltask8er
10-13-2010, 07:31 PM
I heard a clip on one of the entertainment "news" shows and Howard Stern was complaining that Maks had no business slapping Brandi on the butt and that it was very inappropriate. He also commented that a number of the dance instructors seemed to be getting full of themselves and that Derek started out as a nice kid and now he's too busy constantly trying to be a "personality". I wonder if Howard's been lurking here? :lol:

I heard the first 5 minutes of his comments about that (and then I needed to leave my car for a meeting). He started out by mentioning something that "Price is Right" Bob Barker used to do. He remembers his father telling him one day that he noticed Barker would always ask female contestants to pull something out of his pocket :grope: but never a male contestant. His father said to Howard "That's just perverted :mad: ." He mentioned that conversation on the show, and they noticed from that point on Barker never did that again :slinkaway .

So Stern was comparing that story hoping something similar might result. He thinks this behavior is proof that Maxim and other professional dancers who have become so full of themselves after being on national TV a couple of seasons that they are out of control, need an ego check. He said he was so stunned to see it, he woke up his wife and said "you won't believe what I just saw on TV!".

Why is that?

That's what I was thinking.

I also highly doubt he commented on Derek Hough's personality.

He may have said something rude about a slap on the behind.

He mentioned how Derek was charming at first, but now :scream: . Another example of how fame corrupts, in his opinion.

I was more disturbed what his sidekick, Robin Quivers, said. "Why didn't Brandi tell him to stop doing that?" Great, blame the victim, Robin. Stern also applauded Len Goodman for criticizing Max.

danceronice
10-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Well, if the option is DWTS or nothing as far as ballroom is concerned (SYTYCD doesn't count, the ballroom on it's almost as bad and sometimes worse), I take what I can get now they've lost funding to shoot America's Ballroom Challenge (though all of OSB will be available from streaming video this year.) But the dance forums actually have pretty much died on it--no one really cares this season.

(Besides, the Tuesday show is a good reminder to watch Detroit 187, and Monday, when I don't bail in favor of Top Gear, is a good reminder to watch Castle. Otherwise I forget about network shows because I never watch the major networks otherwise.)

And ironic as it is for Howard Stern to talk about treatment of women (though I suppose he'd know) I don't know if Derek is glory-seeking or just believing his own press clippings but he HAS gotten increasingly obnoxious.

Aceon6
10-13-2010, 08:08 PM
(though all of OSB will be available from streaming video this year.)

Ooo, Ooooo, Ooooooo! Please remind us and provide appropriate links when the time comes.

Nan
10-13-2010, 08:10 PM

Why is that?

Howard Stern has made a career from being inappropriate....and gross.

ArtisticFan
10-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Howard Stern has made a career from being inappropriate....and gross.
The bad thing is that the brother of his former girlfriend is even more inappropriate. I worked for that brother and hated every second of it. A legal team would have a field day with one day in that office.

danceronice
10-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Ooo, Ooooo, Ooooooo! Please remind us and provide appropriate links when the time comes.

I will try! Heck, you could watch me if you like being up at oh-dark-thirty. ;) Word I heard was it'll be more expensive to get the feed for the Saturday evening sessions (ABC) but it'll still be cheaper than buying a ticket (well, and going to Columbus and trying to find a hotel room on a weekend when it's OSU vs Wolverines at OSU. I hate when that happens, but every other year...)

Susan1
10-15-2010, 12:36 AM
Wow, Brooke couldn't even remember the name of "Forever Tango." :rolleyes:

I'm really excited about Florence + the Machine tonight. But why the Goo Goo Dolls?

So I could look at Johnny Rzeznik???? That other act made my head hurt.

SharonDudd
10-15-2010, 02:29 AM
Does anyone know what dances are scheduled for next week?

KikiSashaFan
10-15-2010, 02:56 AM
Quickstep- Kurt & Anna, Brandy & Maks
Rhumba- Rick & Cheryl, Audrina & Tony
Foxtrot- Jennifer & Derek, Kyle & Lacey
Jive- Bristol & Mark
Argentine Tango- Florence & Corky

neptune
10-15-2010, 03:35 AM
I was just wondering--has Dorothy Hamill ever been asked to appear on DWTS? Anybody know? I think she'd be a natural (just like every other figure skater :lol:).

orbitz
10-15-2010, 03:39 AM
I was just wondering--has Dorothy Hamill ever been asked to appear on DWTS? Anybody know? I think she'd be a natural (just like every other figure skater :lol:).

Yes, but the producers will stick her with the age-appropriate-for-older-women Corky Ballas, and we will then have to sit through his embarrasing choreographies.

Rob
10-15-2010, 05:26 AM
Doesn't Dorothy have bad osteoarthritis?