PDA

View Full Version : DWTS October 11 & 12 - Karina's Stuck With A Bad Situation

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21

Garden Kitty
10-13-2010, 05:08 AM
Okay, does Mark like Bristol, or does he just think of her as a sister? I can't tell, he's pretty "touchy."

Mark is generally pretty touchy (although not with Shawn Johnson, thank heavens). I suspect Bristol still feels a litlte uncomfortable in this setting, and I get the impression some of Mark's touching is to try to reassure and relax her.

No objection to the Situation leaving. I think any of 3 or 4 people could have left without having any reason to complain.

rfisher
10-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Mark is generally pretty touchy (although not with Shawn Johnson, thank heavens). I suspect Bristol still feels a litlte uncomfortable in this setting, and I get the impression some of Mark's touching is to try to reassure and relax her.

No objection to the Situation leaving. I think any of 3 or 4 people could have left without having any reason to complain.

Yes. The finale this season will be those who were least bad not those who were best.

Norlite
10-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Yeah, this season really sucks, when you actually think about it.

Satellitegirl
10-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Well, can't have it both ways. lol We don't want them to be previous dancers because of the "unfair advantage", yet we get bored when they're mediocre...soo......

rfisher
10-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Well, can't have it both ways. lol We don't want them to be previous dancers because of the "unfair advantage", yet we get bored when they're mediocre...soo......

I mostly want them to be hot. :shuffle:

Satellitegirl
10-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Yeah... the only person I get any :swoon: out of watching anymore, is Maks. I think they need some new professional dancers on the show.

rfisher
10-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Yeah... the only person I get any :swoon: out of watching anymore, is Maks. I think they need some new professional dancers on the show.

Dmitry. :swoon:

pixie cut
10-13-2010, 01:56 PM
I think Mark overstepped a boundary by having Bristol pull off his shirt in the rumba. I thought her costume was tasteful. She was fully covered. Clearly, it was an awkward dance for her. Why sex it up that much? Bad move.

Daddy Mark overdid the shtick in his dance with Florence. Why do that when the dance parts and mood were good?

The judges were a little over the top in the hate for The Sit, but still glad to see him go. Maybe now Karina can lay off the Botox and Restylane. Her forehead is frozen and her lips are balloons.

Aceon6
10-13-2010, 02:37 PM
What's the other dance next week? Kyle has foxtrot. I'm hoping Florence gets it, but am a bit worried as Corky's standard isn't up to standard.

Garden Kitty
10-13-2010, 03:21 PM

But Apolo, Helio and Layla Ali, to name a few, weren't ringers, but they had a lot of charisma and personality (as well as an ability to learn) that made them interesting and enjoyable to watch. Heck, even Jerry Springer couldn't dance well but was interesting. I just haven't been able to get really invested in most of these celebrities, even the ones who can dance.

Cupid
10-13-2010, 04:06 PM
:lynch:I guess everyone's happy now. Who should we pick on next?:lol:

Nora_Charles
10-13-2010, 04:55 PM
:lynch:I guess everyone's happy now. Who should we pick on next?:lol:

Aww, poor Situation. He thinks it's ok to hit women, and has a sour grapes attitude because not everyone loves him as much as he loves himself....it's so terrible to call him out for that! :lol:

How is it "picking on" someone to make comments on the fact that you don't like their dancing ability (or lack thereof) or their personality/attitude? It's simply expressing your opinion. I happen to like Bristol, and think that people have made some really harsh remarks, but I don't think she's being picked on -- I think she signed on to do this show, and everything that entails, which includes negative remarks being made.

And I've grown tired of seeing people accused of "hating" Situation just because we don't like his attitude and think he's not a talented dancer. That's not hate, that's just simply not being a fan.

danceronice
10-13-2010, 05:32 PM
But Apolo, Helio and Layla Ali, to name a few, weren't ringers, but they had a lot of charisma and personality (as well as an ability to learn) that made them interesting and enjoyable to watch. Heck, even Jerry Springer couldn't dance well but was interesting. I just haven't been able to get really invested in most of these celebrities, even the ones who can dance.

No kidding. I liked Ty, even though it was painfully clear he REALLY couldn't dance (you want physical problems? It'd be quicker to list the joints he HASN'T had surgery on and the bones he HASN'T broken) but he was trying and he got on so well with Chelsie. No squick, no whining, no manufactured drama.

OTOH we've got two seasons in a row now where there's one clear ringer obviously being set up for a win (with the same partner who's better at hiding her flaws than fixing them and the producers trying to manufacture drama with anything they can pull out of the rehersal footage) and a bunch of other people who might in earlier seasons have pulled off dark-horse surprises or a growth from, say, 'athlete' to 'dancer.' I can't get behind Brandi either as I can't tell if her "drama" with Maks is made up for the cameras or they just really pick at each other constantly but either way it's annoying. Kyle has personality and the drive (if also the goofy kid thing) but he has no chance against Jennifer. Kurt or Rick might have pulled it out with the 'macho sport guy' to 'ballroom dance star' vote. Audrina might even pull it out with the 'not just a reality tv babe' arc. They're all good enough to do it on earlier seasons. (I don't think anyone who's been eliminated, or Bristol or Florence, had/has a real shot.) But there is no fun in watching a foregone conclusion, which is what this season and last season have become.

And you bet it's not real pro-am, real student ams would blow them off the stage. But it's nauseating to watch people get dumped into choreography they can't handle when you know what it SHOULD look like. Would be like trying to watch me dance "Swan Lake", just painful and wrong. It's rapidly reaching 'train wreck' rather than entertaining, and the judges (well, two) getting increasingly OTT and crazy for the cameras isn't helping.

Garden Kitty
10-13-2010, 05:46 PM
I heard a clip on one of the entertainment "news" shows and Howard Stern was complaining that Maks had no business slapping Brandi on the butt and that it was very inappropriate. He also commented that a number of the dance instructors seemed to be getting full of themselves and that Derek started out as a nice kid and now he's too busy constantly trying to be a "personality". I wonder if Howard's been lurking here? :lol:

skatingfan5
10-13-2010, 05:51 PM
But there is no fun in watching a foregone conclusion, which is what this season and last season have become.

But it's nauseating to watch people get dumped into choreography they can't handle when you know what it SHOULD look like. It's rapidly reaching 'train wreck' rather than entertaining, and the judges (well, two) getting increasingly OTT and crazy for the cameras isn't helping.Pepto-Bismol supposedly helps deal with nausea -- and there always is the option of not watching, if one find it so unpleasant and distressing. :slinkaway