PDA

View Full Version : DWTS October 11 & 12 - Karina's Stuck With A Bad Situation

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21

SharonDudd
10-12-2010, 10:28 PM
That's why I'm always a few minutes behind in the commentary. I record the show and stay about 30 minutes or so behind the live feed and then fast-forward through the commercials and the fluff stuff if it bothers me!

I enjoy the input from danceronice...especially since I have no idea of the technical side of things. I'd love to take ballroom lessons but I'd love even more to be able to stand up on skates, too. That's not going to happen, though! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

orbitz
10-12-2010, 11:19 PM
I finally saw Florence & Corky's dance. It wasn't as bad as I had expected. Maybe Corky went for the slapstick, because he felt it would've looked too ridiculous for two "old gizzards" trying to be all sexy in the rhumba. You kind of need to have great bodies and swivel your hips well to do this dance.

skatingfan5
10-12-2010, 11:23 PM
I finally saw Florence & Corky's dance. It wasn't as bad as I had expected. Maybe Corky went for the slapstick, because he felt it would've looked too ridiculous for two "old gizzards" trying to be all sexy in the rhumba. You kind of need to have great bodies and swivel your hips well to do this dance.It's bad enough to be thought of as an "old geezer", but an old gizzard (http://animals.howstuffworks.com/animal-facts/gizzard-info.htm)? :scream: :lol:

orbitz
10-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Well neither is good :lol:.

Norlite
10-12-2010, 11:40 PM
((((Jennifer)))))))

I had no idea she had such foot problems. I know how painful it is. Good for her for giving it her all.

mrr50
10-12-2010, 11:48 PM
I don't know that anyone really hates The Situation, he couldn't remember his steps last night. That is not a good thing.

KikiSashaFan
10-12-2010, 11:52 PM
I'd really like to see Brandi go tonight, but doubt that will happen. The Sit or Florence if there is any justice in this world! I personally find Kyle a bit silly and almost effeminate in some ways. He seriously needs to lose the chubby tummy area. He and Lacey are so poorly matched...Yi, yi, yi...

I'm in agreement that Brandy would not be missed, I wish her and Jennifer had opposite partners. But I gotta say, and I wasn't expecting to, but Kyle and Lacey are my favorites this season. They're just too freaking cute. :rollin:

Wyliefan
10-12-2010, 11:55 PM
They're VERY cute. I just wish that Lacey had better costumes. I still think the costume designer hates her for some reason. I fully expect that black and pink thing to show up in my nightmares.

Garden Kitty
10-12-2010, 11:57 PM
I don't know that anyone really hates The Situation, he couldn't remember his steps last night. That is not a good thing.

I suspect he was so concentrated on remembering the lifts that he wasn't focusing on the rest. I don't think he's a particularly good dancer and I think it's time for him to leave, but I like him more than I expected to - he seems to be trying.

Capella
10-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Kyle was very enjoyable the first week, but his schtick is getting old. Can't tell if Lacey is amused or wants to smack him.

In their rehearsal footage, when they were doing the sitdown interview, Kyle's shirt was turned inside-out. Later, though, it was the right way, so we could read what it said: You're next on my to do list (or some variation of that).

numbers123
10-13-2010, 12:32 AM
while dancer on ice has some insight to the basics of dance, we need to remember that this is truly an entertainment program and a popularity contest not a contest of true dance techniques or ability. To continue to critic the dancers on the true competition expectations, is not reasonable.

If it was a true serious competition, the music selection would be appropriate, the pro-am would have true amatuers competing - not celebs participating, the costuming would be more appropriate, and the judges would not be len/bruno/carrieann. I assume that the pros are invested in the outcome of the celeb because they are paid more and not because it is a great honor.

It is like saying SYTYCD is "America's best dancer" when it is really "America's favorite dancer" Or that AI is the best singer. All three shows are the favorites of the fans, not necessarily the best.

Eden
10-13-2010, 12:34 AM
Sorry for going a bit out of topic here, but...
Those of you who watched Pamela Anderson on last season, and were rooting for her:
She is joining the judging panel of the Israeli DWTS .
One other interesting thing on the Israeli DWTS, which will begin in a week or two, is that for the first time there will be a two female pair dancing.

I solved the whining fluff with FF -- I skip Jennifer and Brandi's fluff because they are annoying.
Same here!
I prefer to ignore all the "Oh, poor me" mayses/stories, not that I underestimate the suffery, I just prefer focus to on the dancing.
And in both cases, I have to admit that those ladies dance :swoon:

LadyGray
10-13-2010, 12:54 AM
Sorry for going a bit out of topic here, but...
Those of you who watched Pamela Anderson on last season, and were rooting for her:
She is joining the judging panel of the Israeli DWTS .
One other interesting thing on the Israeli DWTS, which will begin in a week or two, is that for the first time there will be a two female pair dancing.

Wow. How interesting, on both points.

Same here!
I prefer to ignore all the "Oh, poor me" mayses/stories, not that I underestimate the suffery, I just prefer focus to on the dancing.
And in both cases, I have to admit that those ladies dance :swoon:

The fluff pieces are so goofy and clearly an attempt to manipulate the viewers. I stopped watching them a long time ago; thank goodness for the DVR.

LadyGray
10-13-2010, 01:00 AM
I happen to love Kyle and Lacey, though I do agree that she seems to be getting tired of him. However, I don't think her frustration really has to do with him than it does with her inability to handle frustration. Obviously, I don't know the woman from Job, but she appears to have difficulty dealing with frustrating situations in a mature way. I don't blame her for getting frustrated. She's had a string of disappointing partners, finally gets one who has the ability to learn the steps and perform them in an enjoyable manner, and Len and Bruno seem totally annoyed by him :rolleyes:

Eden
10-13-2010, 01:15 AM
I happen to love Kyle and Lacey, though I do agree that she seems to be getting tired of him. However, I don't think her frustration really has to do with him than it does with her inability to handle frustration. Obviously, I don't know the woman from Job, but she appears to have difficulty dealing with frustrating situations in a mature way. I don't blame her for getting frustrated. She's had a string of disappointing partners, finally gets one who has the ability to learn the steps and perform them in an enjoyable manner, and Len and Bruno seem totally annoyed by him :rolleyes:

I agree with your analyses on Lacey. Kyle is very energetic (in entertaining way), and she doesn't really know how to handle it.
Nevertheless, I think they make a :swoon: dancing team, and Len and Bruno's criticism of them is really :confused:
It's nice to be in the place where we're the only ones who think what we think ;)