PDA

View Full Version : DWTS October 11 & 12 - Karina's Stuck With A Bad Situation

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Nora_Charles
10-12-2010, 07:45 PM
http://wonderwall.msn.com/tv/the-situation-storms-off-dwts-set-over-bad-scores-1577421.story?GT1=28125

Oh, good grief. So he wasn't "laughing at himself" over the negative remarks -- he really thought comments/scores should've been way better! He is delusional. :lol:

SharonDudd
10-12-2010, 07:50 PM
thank you skatingfan for clearing that up and you were exactly correct. The vertebrae were fused and she has screws and a plate of some kind there.

The whole issue with the Sit for me is he acts like such a moron and so young. He's 27 years old with a college degree!! I mean does the muscle building do something to the brain cell oxygenation and function?

I was rewatching the perfomances of last night and had Rick worn something similiar to what the pro did for the demonstration, it would have been a whole lot better!!

Cupid
10-12-2010, 07:57 PM
I really DON'T get all The Situation hate on here. He seems like a nice guy who's really trying. Why is anyone else better or more deserving than he is? I think it's refreshing to see someone who has no previous dance experience come on the show and give it their best shot.

skatingfan5
10-12-2010, 08:02 PM
I really DON'T get all The Situation hate on here. He seems like a nice guy who's really trying. Why is anyone else better or more deserving than he is? I think it's refreshing to see someone who has no previous dance experience come on the show and give it their best shot.Because they are? Several of the other male "stars" have no previous dance experience and they are much better than The Situation. Yes, he's trying ... but he's still absolutely horrible as a dancer. I don't "hate" him -- but I would be very happy if he no longer was on the show. I suppose there could be some miraculous transformation in the next few weeks that would make him able to take a few steps in time with the music and not look as if he were wearing cement blocks on his feet, but I put the odds on my winning the lottery as better. :P

SharonDudd
10-12-2010, 08:07 PM
:lol: :lol: :scream: :scream: :yikes: :yikes: :respec: :respec:

Sassafras
10-12-2010, 08:30 PM
... and not look as if he were wearing cement blocks on his feet....:P

Pardon the stereotype but I grew up in NJ - Italian, NJ,cement shoes :rofl:

skatingfan5
10-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Pardon the stereotype but I grew up in NJ - Italian, NJ,cement shoes :rofl::lol: Well, I wasn't implying that he should go swim with the fishes ... (I was born in Newark, but the cement blocks comment was not intented to evoke that image). Since the very first week he has seemed extremely heavy-footed -- sort of like Peter Boyle in Young Frankenstein. Actually, I think Peter's monster was quite a bit lighter on his feet. :D

kittyjake5
10-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Sorry Flo I loved you as Mrs. Brady but you have to go and while you are exiting take Situation, Bristol and Brandi with you. To bad they all could not be voted off at the same time. Sheesh I don't see any improvement happening at all with this bunch.

danceronice
10-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Bristol has improved, Brandi is trying and not doing too shabbily. Florence has just about hit the limits of her abilities. I give the Situation a slight break this week probably because I see a lot of the right attitude in how he worked those lifts--"protect the girl" (I still remember how awful my dance coach felt when he dropped me out of a free-dance lift and it was MY FAULT--I totally flubbed the entry and there was nothing he could do and he STILL felt bad). I think that is part of what froze him this week.

And sorry, but if you're in so much physical pain you have to make an issue of it AND THEN GO OUT AND DANCE JUST FINE week after week, I call BS. They're just trying desperately not to make it look like a repeat of last season where Derek had such a blatant ringer they might as well have called it quits and gone home early. It's not working. And I don't cut the stars any slack. If you're going to do something, do it well or don't do it. If it's just pain, get over it. If it's SO painful you can't, stop because you're going to really hurt yourself. (My pro has standing instructions to stop me when he can tell I'm hurting and lying about it--I do it fairly often, holdover from being told to suck it up as a kid when I was riding and I complained about something. It IS good to push through, but eventually you should rest if it's really that sore. I'm very bad at that myself.)

Capella
10-12-2010, 09:22 PM
A neuroma is a hell of a lot more than a pinched nerve and they can be slightly sedated (temporarily) with cortizone injections and/or a lidocaine patch. You can suck it up for 2minutes with the adrenaline of live tv, but 8 hours of rehearsals is a different story.

But I don't know why I even bother to say anything in response to danceronice because obviously she is the only one who knows anything about ballroom dancing is is so superior to all of us that we shouldn't even comment because we aren't worthy. :rolleyes:

skatingfan5
10-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Well, I guess Jennifer definitely hit a nerve with danceronice -- but I really didn't see her as going on and on complaining/whining about being in great pain. Guess it's all in one's personal filter/perspective. I chalk up most of the fluff stuff to the producers -- as you point out, they are doing their best to minimize the "ringer" aspect -- I'm actually quite surprised that Jennifer has done so well. Before the season began, I was thinking that Brandi was more likely to be a "ringer" if anyone was.

Wyliefan
10-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Do we really have to start that, Capella? Personally, I enjoy hearing danceronice's take on things, and she's never said that she's the only one who knows the subject.

Rob
10-12-2010, 09:43 PM
I have a neuroma too, and it is awful. I could dance on a torn FHL tendon with achilles tendonitis and Osgood knees, but I can barely walk on the stupid neuroma when it flares up. (and did I mention I am 35 years older now).

I solved the whining fluff with FF -- I skip Jennifer and Brandi's fluff because they are annoying.

purple skates
10-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Personally, I enjoy hearing danceronice's take on things, (snip)

Me too.

nubka
10-12-2010, 10:27 PM
I really DON'T get all The Situation hate on here. He seems like a nice guy who's really trying. Why is anyone else better or more deserving than he is? I think it's refreshing to see someone who has no previous dance experience come on the show and give it their best shot.

I agree with you! He's really trying, and his attitude is good... :)