PDA

View Full Version : DWTS October 11 & 12 - Karina's Stuck With A Bad Situation

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Wyliefan
10-12-2010, 03:43 PM
I thought Jennifer was fun to watch, but poor Brandy looked like she'd dressed as a ghost for Halloween.

SharonDudd
10-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Are they keeping the round stage for the rest of the season or forever? I got the distinct feeling everyone was pulling back or holding back, always looking for the edge and being afraid to fall. None of the routines seemed polished or finished at all, at least to me. Maybe it's since all we've ever seen is ballroom dancing done on a fixed rectangular scale and when there is a group they follow a certain routine and vary the individual moves by each team. I really really hate it!!

I agree with whomever mentioned that "acoustic" is a guitar and maybe a drum and a piano, not whatever the heck that was! The only song I enjoyed was Derrick and Jennifer (and I finally got the Jenerk comment. Jen + Derrek = Jenerk!!!) :P :P ;) ;) ;)

skatingfan5
10-12-2010, 04:28 PM
She had a pinched nerve? In the immortal words of Travis Tritt, "Here's a quarter, call someone who cares." Sheesh, what a whiner. She has a neuroma -- I guess that's a pinched nerve? My sister has two on the balls of her feet and according to her they are very painful. Of course, she's also been dealing with a knee that is disintegrating and a bum hip and has been using a cane for the past several years, so perhaps the neuromas are the least of her concerns. I would think that dancing in high heels would place a lot of weight/pressure on the front of the foot, but what do I know?

But I anticipate the following order of dismissal from the show

Situation
Bristol
Florence
Kurt
Rick
Brandi
Audrina
Winner - DING, DING, DING JenerkIs this sort of the order for the judges scores from last night -- except for Brandi being lower -- and Kyle being on there somewhere? :shuffle: I know that the bottom three are in order and ditto for the top two; as for the rest, I'm not sure.

Jenerk/Jerk. :lol: I wish that Derek wasn't so annoying to me -- I have to admit that he is a very good dancer and choreographer -- I really loved Jennifer's Argentine tango last night. :respec: Why couldn't she have someone else for a partner? :(

Brandi just does not come across well at all -- she doesn't project much in the dances and her personality in the fluff stuff is less than appealing. Maks and Erin were so much fun to watch last season so I won't complain/whine.

Bristol seems like a sweet girl, but she really has not gotten much into any of the dances so far. I think she is just really, really concerned with not messing up, so she can't let go and dance with any sort of freedom/emotion.

Florence's rhumba was not good -- and :lynch: to Corky for not giving her better, less gimmicky choreo.

Rick's big white jacket resembled a full-size refrigerator -- the guy is TALL, but he isn't humongous. Not a good costume for him, but at least he wasn't dancing in a chiffon sheet like Brandi. :lol:

The Situation managed to not kill Karina with his lifts, but the rest of his "dance" was a disaster -- standing stock still or clumping around the stage. Can't remember which of the judges said that his problem was that basic -- just with walking to the music, but they were right on target. To me he is the epitome of someone with "two left feet" -- I know he's trying to improve, but to me he is hopelessly bad and I really don't want to see another week of his attempts to dance. He is not quite as bad as Kate was, but very, very close.

orbitz
10-12-2010, 04:31 PM
I only caught a couple of the dances this morning on the abc.com site.

Jennifer & Derek: this team is so above everyone else that it's silly for anyone to be competing against them. There's no competition. Just give them the mirrored ball already.

I didn't mind The Sit. There was a good dance in there somewhere, but he forgot the steps. He needs to stop immediately walking away with his hands on his hips as soon as the music stop; Hello, your partner was still on the floor waiting to be help up !!! But he's trying, and it's kinda fun watching him. The Situation's Situation actually looked good last night. Now if I can only replace the head with Dimitry :lol:.

Satellitegirl
10-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Blech. I feel like I'm witnessing a girl being sexually harassed every time I see Mark and Bristol together. He gives me the creeps.

I thought Derek/Jennifer did great, and I also liked Maks/Brandy and Tony/Audrina.

I hope the Situation is voted off, or Bristol(so I don't have to see Mark anymore).

LadyGray
10-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Jennifer, then Kyle, then Brandi, for me. This was a big miss for Rick, and I agree that the over-sized jacket didn't help (though I loved Cheryl's dress). Audrina didn't fare that well, either, but I think she deserved a bigger toppling in the scores than she got since she was way over-marked for getting to the top of the leader board last week for a dance that had all of 7 dance moves in it, dead fish feet and all (it took 4 weeks for the judges to say anything to her about it-- gah!).

danceronice
10-12-2010, 05:41 PM
I dance in 3" slim heels with no cartilage in my right knee. Does it hurt? Sure. If it hurts THAT MUCH, don't do it. I've yet to meet any pro (especially the men) who don't have something that causes them chronic pain. They manage. There have been previous competitors with acute injuries who suck it up. The whining puts me off, especially when they pull off a 'miraculous' recovery and perform. But it would probably not make good TV if they did what they should do in rehersal (ie shut up and do as they're told.) Heck, Brandi ought to zip it with Maks and just do what he says, things would go easier.

dbell1
10-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Now Dancer - don't be going all soft on us. :lol:

I'm inclined to give Jen a break on this one - she's got 2 screws in her neck and is getting the most challenging choreo. I think editing plays a major factor here - they've got hours of footage and go with the most :watch: worthy clips.

Now that we have the round stage, can we get a trap door added? Pull the level and watch the cast off sail away... :P

skatingfan5
10-12-2010, 06:15 PM
I dance in 3" slim heels with no cartilage in my right knee. Does it hurt? Sure. If it hurts THAT MUCH, don't do it. You are a stoic Amazon warrior dancer. :respec: My sister's knees have no cartilage in them -- she's already had (unsuccessful) surgery on one and is planning to have a replacement in the next year. To see her hobbling around is very painful to me -- she also has really bad degenerative arthritis in her spine -- she used to be more than two inches taller than me, and now she's at least an inch shorter. :(
I've yet to meet any pro (especially the men) who don't have something that causes them chronic pain. They manage. There have been previous competitors with acute injuries who suck it up. The whining puts me off, especially when they pull off a 'miraculous' recovery and perform. But it would probably not make good TV if they did what they should do in rehersal (ie shut up and do as they're told.) Heck, Brandi ought to zip it with Maks and just do what he says, things would go easier.I know that professional dancers and athletes DO suck it up and perform/compete through pain (and injury, sometimes to the detriment of their long-term physical well-being). But I don't hold the "stars" to the same standard -- even Jennifer Grey, who has more dance experience than the rest. JMMV. She's the second oldest of the stars, so I will give her a pass on her "whining" -- which I really didn't see as being that "whiny" at all. And as others have said, lots of this stuff is prompted/scripted/directed by the DWTS producers. It's not as if she has been slacking off in the rehearsal or in her performance. Kate last season was whiny, whiny, whiny.

Cheylana
10-12-2010, 06:25 PM
But I don't hold the "stars" to the same standard -- even Jennifer Grey, who has more dance experience than the rest. JMMV. She's the second oldest of the stars, so I will give her a pass on her "whining" -- which I really didn't see as being that "whiny" at all. And as others have said, lots of this stuff is prompted/scripted/directed by the DWTS producers. It's not as if she has been slacking off in the rehearsal or in her performance. Kate last season was whiny, whiny, whiny.
I don't think Jennifer was whining, but it's been like 4 weeks in a row of sad-sack stories, between Patrick Swayze and the injuries. I think DWTS editors need to mix it up with more fun stuff.

zaphyre14
10-12-2010, 06:32 PM
I have neuromas in both feet and some days it's like walking on live electrical wires. High heels and shoes with pointy toes are excrutiating. I'm amazed Jennifer Gray isn't limping 24/7 this far into the season, never mind dancing as well as she is.

I do think that this season, more than some of the past ones, is showcasing the pros abilities to choreograph for the talent level of the star they're given. Corky is managing to make Florence look pretty darned good. The women pros are struggling for the most part, but how much is due to the lack of skill in their partners and how much to the pros' inability to choreograph for unskilled men, I don't know. I am tired of seeing the male stars standing on two feet while the pros scamper around them. Especially in the rumbas, the men did way too much standing.

ArtisticFan
10-12-2010, 06:34 PM
I don't think Jennifer was whining, but it's been like 4 weeks in a row of sad-sack stories, between Patrick Swayze and the injuries. I think DWTS editors need to mix it up with more fun stuff.

Agree. I think they are trying too hard to show us that it isn't easy for her. They always seem to give us some obstacle that the presumed front runner has to overcome. Shawn had the schedule conflicts and her young age. Donny had his older age and body issues from that. Nicole was the perfectionist who just beat herself up if she wasn't perfect. With Brooke it was the struggles of being a mother. With Kristi they even dragged out the footage of her as a toddler with the clubbed feet corrections.

SharonDudd
10-12-2010, 06:43 PM
dbell!!! LOVE THE WHOLE IDEA OF A TRAPDOOR!! Almost as good as the idea of voting against someone!

I knew Jennifer Gray had all kinds of neck issues with the neuroma (which translated means nerve + tumor) and has the pins and possibly a plate.

Rick's jacket should have been black and nicely-fitted not all baggy and dinner like! Bristol lookes like she has never had a wild and crazy night of dancing in her life! She needs to loosen up and I thought the outfit was sexy and yet not too over the top! Brandi? I don't know why, she just rubs me the wrong way everytime! The outfit looked awful and they have NO CHEMISTRY whatsoever!!

Geez, I am just watching Ali McGraw and Ryan O'Neal on Oprah and can remember going to see the show the first night after standing in line for over an hour to see it. In fact, we got back in line to see it again. I had an amazing boyfriend all those years ago!!

I'd really like to see Brandi go tonight, but doubt that will happen. The Sit or Florence if there is any justice in this world! I personally find Kyle a bit silly and almost effeminate in some ways. He seriously needs to lose the chubby tummy area. He and Lacey are so poorly matched...Yi, yi, yi...

Rob
10-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Jennifer, then Kyle, then Brandi, for me. This was a big miss for Rick, and I agree that the over-sized jacket didn't help (though I loved Cheryl's dress). Audrina didn't fare that well, either, but I think she deserved a bigger toppling in the scores than she got since she was way over-marked for getting to the top of the leader board last week for a dance that had all of 7 dance moves in it, dead fish feet and all (it took 4 weeks for the judges to say anything to her about it-- gah!).

Same here - Jennifer is definitely the best, but I really like Kyle's effort and personality regardless of whether his technique is there. Brandi was pretty good. ITA re Rick (so nervous looking) and Audrina's fish feet. Kurt was cute, but stiff, Florence and Bristol were blah, Situation was bad.

skatingfan5
10-12-2010, 06:54 PM
I knew Jennifer Gray had all kinds of neck issues with the neuroma (which translated means nerve + tumor) and has the pins and possibly a plate. Just to clarify -- the neuroma is in her foot. The neck issues (she had vertebrae fused) are from a automobile accident in 2007 -- plus she had surgery last December to remove her thyroid because of cancer.