PDA

View Full Version : DWTS October 11 & 12 - Karina's Stuck With A Bad Situation

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

numbers123
10-12-2010, 03:04 AM
I believe that it is going to be the Situation who is going to leave the show tomorrow.

I actually hope it is Bristol instead :slinkaway

Although she might have better technique, I hope that it would be Brandi.

But I anticipate the following order of dismissal from the show

Situation
Bristol
Florence
Kurt
Rick
Brandi
Audrina
Winner - DING, DING, DING Jenerk

danceronice
10-12-2010, 03:05 AM
Neither the Situation nor Bristol ought to go, but the judges pimped Florence even more than Corky did. (There is so much wrong with that sentence and yet, all true...)

danceronice
10-12-2010, 03:06 AM
A
Winner - DING, DING, DING Jerk

Removed some extraneous letters for you.

SharonDudd
10-12-2010, 03:06 AM
That acoustic version of Jefferson Airplane's music really stunk! Do they have any input into what music they perform to?

Norlite
10-12-2010, 03:24 AM
I love Florence but that Rhumba had a high ick factor.

I just saw it. Wasn't good, not at all, but I don't get the ick comments. Didn't get that sense from it at all.

Norlite
10-12-2010, 03:43 AM
I actually hope it is Bristol instead :slinkaway

Same. Big time.

shan
10-12-2010, 04:23 AM
Am I the only one who thought that the "acoustic" music didn't sound a whole lot different than other weeks?

Skate Talker
10-12-2010, 04:43 AM
Agree with you Shan - music did sound the same. Stage was too small or something the way they had it set up - felt it affected all the performances.

This week the judges used the excuse of the split voting to lower the boom on the competitors but quite rightly it is time in the competition to start getting pickier. Up to this week I had been really enjoying Mr. Fox but it was a swing and a miss for me tonight and marked correctly. Audrina definitely suffered in direct comparison to Jennifer but also I think the really poor music for a tango gave her little chance to really shine no matter what they did. Bristol - I think the comment that she makes a lot of great "pictures" but someone doesn't make the dance come across is pretty spot on. She has some really good moments but they don't add up together. Kyle I so enjoy but again have to agree that his rhumba movements were at times way to sharp - in fact more like he was trying for a tango type of snap. Florence - awkward. She is trying though and I really can't believe how old she actually is and doing what she's doing. The situation - well I love his intro videos - shows a remarkable personality - charm and determination. The dancing though is really bad imho. Kurt - did he dance? Totally forgettable unfortunately.

Bonita
10-12-2010, 04:44 AM
Am I the only one who thought that the "acoustic" music didn't sound a whole lot different than other weeks?

Thank you. I have tin ears and am not into music, but my husband lives, breathes and thinks music. I tentatively said, um, is this acoustic, thinking he would roll his eyes, and he was, like, no, I'm still waiting. Confused. Sounded like the normal desk musak festival to us, except for one.

Never watched Jersey Shore, and my husband hates reality TV more than me, but we both think The Situation is growing and trying, we're not getting the judge hate. I don't care if he's an a-hole in real life, but I think he is carrying himself well on this particular show.

shan
10-12-2010, 04:58 AM
Thank you. I have tin ears and am not into music, but my husband lives, breathes and thinks music. I tentatively said, um, is this acoustic, thinking he would roll his eyes, and he was, like, no, I'm still waiting. Confused. Sounded like the normal desk musak festival to us, except for one.

It did sound like musak... I can't stand how dated the vocalists sound. They sound like lounge singers for the most part.

Aceon6
10-12-2010, 01:43 PM
They had so many good choices for true acoustic arrangements, yet they fell back on their standard arrangements minus the brass and bass. I was hoping for some really good flamenco guitar for the Argentine, and we got dreck. Wasn't the point to be able to dance without the percussive accents?

danceronice
10-12-2010, 02:39 PM
They had so many good choices for true acoustic arrangements, yet they fell back on their standard arrangements minus the brass and bass. I was hoping for some really good flamenco guitar for the Argentine, and we got dreck. Wasn't the point to be able to dance without the percussive accents?

Which is bizarre as that's kind of how competitive ballroom works. (AT is differnent but only Derek and Jennifer, quelle suprise, got ACTUAL AT music.) You can dance to a metronome if you really have to, so long as it's the correct measures per minute. (Your styling will probably suffer, but you can do it.)

Nora_Charles
10-12-2010, 02:43 PM
That's it. I'm hunting down whoever picks the music.

Also [look away if you dislike dance technical complaints] this is why this show should not do AT, because Tony looks PAINFULLY like a Smooth/Standard dancer with only the vaguest grasp how AT differs from ballroom tango. (Hint: it's not just lifts.) Somewhere a tanguero is flinging things at the television, if they hadn't already shut it off.

And she's off-time.

Can I just say I love reading your comments/thoughts on DWTS? They're really insightful/informative and I look forward to them. :encore:

Nope, not just you. To me, acoustic is like...a guitar. Stripped down. The music last night didn't sound any different than any other week.

In other news, I know I'm alone in this, but I thought Bristol's rhumba was quite decent. She even managed to sell the sexy, and working with Mark...no easy feat. If a guy ever slimed my forehead with his lips the way he did at the end of their number....ewww! :lol: I thought her scores were way harsh. No way was that on a Situation/Florence level.

Which brings me to how much Corky annoys me. WHY does he have to make everything into a joke? I sat through their number trying to figure out if they were seriously trying to be sexy, or if they were doing a "look at us mocking the rhumba" thing. I never did figure it out!

I was bored silly by this entire show. Yes, Jennifer and Derek were technically brilliant, but B-O-R-I-N-G. Maks/Brandy looked like two dancers doing solos. I didn't like the round stage, the music was crap...it was just a bad episode for me.

danceronice
10-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Aw shucks. I just have been doing this for going on five years and have had the insane good fortune to have very talented, experienced pros myself and I spend a lot of time watching pro-am at all levels (know your competition and all that. ;) )

And current pro was coached by Corky and Shirley, and has no explanation for Corky's behavior. Yes, he's a goof IRL, but nowhere NEAR what he does on the show. (He's never smelled a floor, for example. And I could have guessed because if you did something like that non-ironically you would NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT. Male ballroom pros are not hesitant about giving each other crap, good-naturedly at least.)

And you're not alone, Bristol's rhumba was quite good for what it was. Rhumba is not about being slutty or raunchy (CORKY ARE YOU LISTENING?). It's actually horribly technical, because it's too slow to hide anything (unless you drape yourself in bedsheets, MAKS). Her leg lines were good, knees straightened fully, feet were nice, good stretch through the body for the level she's at. I'm almost afraid Mark is falling into the same trap Louis was subject to early on--he's teaching his girl to DANCE, rather than creating a cheap but flashy show (DEREK.) Louis learned his lesson (but wandered a little too far the other way this season.)

skatemommy
10-12-2010, 03:01 PM

Yeah, the accordian solo just didn't do it for me...