PDA

View Full Version : NaNoWriMo

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Spareoom
11-23-2010, 05:54 PM
WHOOO HOOO You can do it! :D Keep on writing!

I've only written a handful of words since my forum's Night of Writing Narnianly. I got to see an early preview screening of the new Narnia movie last week and that kind of killed all my desire to write. ;) But I've got a week left, and 20k to write! *cracks knuckles*

If I can do it, so can you!

backspin
11-24-2010, 06:07 AM
ohmygosh ohmygosh!! I'm over 40,000; in fact I have 9959 words to go!! I'm now officially a day ahead & will add to that tomorrow. I can't believe how close I am & now I have no doubt of finishing on time, if not a little early. I've done a couple of 4,000 word days, so the 9900 doesn't seem like much anymore.

WOW, I don't know when I've been so proud of myself! What a great feeling.

(of course, the book won't actually be done, just the 50,000 words finished. I'll have to keep writing to finish the story...)

Angelskates
11-24-2010, 06:27 AM
Come on backspin, you can do it! :cheer2:

alhrayth
11-24-2010, 11:18 AM
I got to 42k last night, and even if I keep loosing time on other stuff, I manage to get the daily words in (plus a little bito of extra here and there) so I am hopeful... I think I should make it to 50k... only that the story won't possibly be done by then! I'll have to go on in december if I want to finsh it (for the sake of finishing it, lol)...

Blue Bead
11-27-2010, 05:10 AM
I'm a winner!!!!! 50,957 words to be exact. This is the sixth year in a row I've manage to do this, and my story is just getting a good start. :D

Angelskates
11-27-2010, 06:29 AM
:cheer2: Blue_Bead :cheer2:

Goooooo alhrayth!! :cheer2:

alhrayth
11-28-2010, 11:45 AM
:) Got past the 50k mark yesterday night (or maybe, this morning) around 3am (I'm a night writer, LOL)... so I officially made it!
Only... I still have 6 chapters to write to actually finish the story! Oh well, I hope that will come in December... with 50k already written, it would be a pity not to finish it up!!

Angelskates
11-28-2010, 12:24 PM
:) Got past the 50k mark yesterday night (or maybe, this morning) around 3am (I'm a night writer, LOL)... so I officially made it!
Only... I still have 6 chapters to write to actually finish the story! Oh well, I hope that will come in December... with 50k already written, it would be a pity not to finish it up!!

:cheer2: :encore: :cheer2: :encore:

backspin
11-28-2010, 01:50 PM

Hurrah for you!!! Way to go!! :respec::respec:

I'll be bringing up the rear right at the end, but will have no trouble making it. I was ahead but due to family visit & now driving home today I'll have a little catching up to do. I'm just worried that the site on Tuesday will be clogged down w/ everyone verifying, & I won't be able to get on!! :scream:

Angelskates
11-28-2010, 03:01 PM
I will forward the prizes to ya if that happens backspin, we, your FSU family, know you can and will do it :cheer2:

backspin
11-29-2010, 01:50 AM
I will forward the prizes to ya if that happens backspin, we, your FSU family, know you can and will do it :cheer2:

Thanks very much!!! I greatly appreciate the support!!

But I really really want the book, and for that you definitely have to be verified. But I will make it!!

Matryeshka
11-29-2010, 05:12 AM
WIN! WIN! WIN!

:encore: :encore: :encore:

Here's my only wee little problem--according to NaNoWriMo, I have entered a whopping 110+ words. It should actually be half that--I think I updated twice somehow? Is there a way to de-submit so I can see the real word count, or do I just know for myself the real total is 55K (according to Word, it's 55,721).

Angelskates
11-29-2010, 05:36 AM
WIN! WIN! WIN!

:encore: :encore: :encore:

Here's my only wee little problem--according to NaNoWriMo, I have entered a whopping 110+ words. It should actually be half that--I think I updated twice somehow? Is there a way to de-submit so I can see the real word count, or do I just know for myself the real total is 55K (according to Word, it's 55,721).

:cheer2: Matry!! :cheer2: You can just enter your words in again (I just cut and paste from Word) and it will update the word count, even if it is lower.

backspin
11-30-2010, 05:05 AM
I WIN!! I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN!!!!

I'm so happy I could cry. And oh yeah--that momentous 50,000th word was......drumroll please......"with". yeah. :biggrinbo

:encore::encore::encore::encore::encore::encore:

I think I'm gonna sit up all night and just stare at my purple bar.....

Angelskates
11-30-2010, 01:57 PM
:encore: Well done everyone!! :cheer2: