PDA

View Full Version : NaNoWriMo

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

LordCirque
11-07-2010, 04:31 AM
I'll share some of the Prompts in this thread when I get if others are interested. We should start a separate writing thread to workshop pieces and stuff outside of this event.

backspin
11-08-2010, 03:50 AM
Woo hoo!! I had hardly written anything yesterday so I had some major catching up to do today. I sat down at 1:00 & worked until 4:45--all caught up, and there are a few little sections that I really like. I also was very happy with how smoothly the plot rolled out, cooperating very nicely.

Matryeshka
11-08-2010, 05:20 AM
HAH! backspin--that's what it WANTS you to think. Just when you think everyone's getting along in your little plot soup, the carrots will wrest control from the onions and demand to be heard, and just when you're thinking you're cooking your little chicken plot soup along nicely, the veggies mutiny and all of a sudden, you're making a salad.

Went to a write-in tonight. The above should explain how well THAT went. OTOH, I did write 5K words in 3 hours so maybe it did go well. Too bad I now have to re-tool the other 8K I'd written these past few days to make it fit.

I think there are probably a lot of would-be writers on this board that are would-bes throughout the year. We should take over a writing board :P

Angelskates
11-09-2010, 12:40 AM
I'm halfway there :cheer2: :cheer2: I feel like I deserve a medal already :P

(I'm really cranky that I haven't got the stuff I bought that was sent a month ago, and my emails are not being answered :mad:)

ETA: from the NaNo site at the moment:

Our site is over capacity. We're working to get everything back to normal. In the meantime, please enjoy a cup of hot chocolate.

Uh, who wants hot chocolate?! It's all about :coffee:

:lol: that at the top of the page it says "too many writers at the party".

Blue Bead
11-09-2010, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the explanation, Angelskates. I've been trying to access the board for the last three hours and I'm getting nowhere, lol. Hopefully the overload will clear up my midnight, my time.

Angelskates
11-09-2010, 03:06 AM
Thanks for the explanation, Angelskates. I've been trying to access the board for the last three hours and I'm getting nowhere, lol. Hopefully the overload will clear up my midnight, my time.

It's back :)

backspin
11-09-2010, 03:34 AM
I'm halfway there :cheer2: :cheer2: I feel like I deserve a medal already :P

You TOTALLY deserve a medal!! We're only one week in! OMG, I'm so amazed. I'm just managing to keep up w/ the daily word count & am pretty busy patting myself on the back about that!

GggggoooooOOOOOO Angelskates!!!!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Blue Bead
11-09-2010, 04:36 AM
Thanks, Angleskates, for the update. I finally got in at the site and updated my word count to 17,126. YAY!!!!!

I, also, noted how many people were on line, at the time--in excess of 16,000!! Ack! No wonder it was impossible to access the site. :P

Angelskates
11-09-2010, 05:21 AM
Spareoom is killing us all at over 35,000!!

:cheer2: all of us :cheer2:

Spareoom
11-09-2010, 06:34 AM
Make that 40k. ;) I squeaked in there just a minute before midnight! I've NEVER cut it that close.

Ya'll are doing really well! Not everyone has to be crazy like me...just keeping on pace, or a little above it, is really fantastic. I'm rooting for ya!

Poggi
11-09-2010, 10:41 AM
One more serious overachiever here (28 584 and countung) 6th year NaNo veteran, 3rd year ML for a whole country, oragnizing meet-ups, write-ins, running a chat room, sending out pep talk e-mails, and oh, writing a novel. :)

It's not that big of a task though as I'm unemployed for a few months already and getting more and more nervous about the whole situtation (I was scheduled for a telephone job interview this morning, and now there is about 20 minutes left of the morning anyway, and no call just yet) so it just helps to have something, which makes me feel just a bit less useless.

So, here I am, and I just checked into the FSU forum over at the NaNo website.

alhrayth
11-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Midway? 40? OMG! Really, I don't know how you're doing that! I'm almost scared! I'm having quite a bit of fun with my story so I'm happy with how things are going, but when I look around to some other writers' wordcount I get plainly scared... how can I be so behind (when I'm actually over my quota most days)??
But I have a question... of course you'll get to 50k A LOT earlier than the end of the month... what are you doing then? Keep going as your story is way longer than that? End the NANoWriMo with 100-200k words? _ wow.... (glides back to her dark corner and gets back to writing)

Poggi
11-09-2010, 10:47 AM
But I have a question... of course you'll get to 50k A LOT earlier than the end of the month... what are you doing then? Keep going as your story is way longer than that? End the NANoWriMo with 100-200k words?

I will definitely will go on until the end of the month. I'm writing this much, because I don't have anything better to do, sadly. So I'll end the month with whatever word count (I plan to keep the word count every day above 1667), but I'll keep writing.

Also, as the ML of my region, it's just better for everyone if I stick around, and try to motivate and cheer up my WriMos, and when I say "It is definitely doable" it does give me some credibility if I have a word count to support it :)

martian_girl
11-10-2010, 05:22 AM
I came on here to brag about getting to 11,000, but after reading some of your posts I feel a bit stupid. :lol:

I'm writing a YA fantasy novel which flips back and forth between the "real world" and the "fantasy world". Surprisingly, the fantasy stuff has been a lot harder to write than the real world stuff. I totally expected it to be the other way around.

Good luck everyone!

Spareoom
11-10-2010, 06:16 AM
Midway? 40? OMG! Really, I don't know how you're doing that! I'm almost scared! I'm having quite a bit of fun with my story so I'm happy with how things are going, but when I look around to some other writers' wordcount I get plainly scared... how can I be so behind (when I'm actually over my quota most days)??
But I have a question... of course you'll get to 50k A LOT earlier than the end of the month... what are you doing then? Keep going as your story is way longer than that? End the NANoWriMo with 100-200k words? _ wow.... (glides back to her dark corner and gets back to writing)

I plan to get to 100k this year. I know, I'm insane...but I'd like to try. It's not a word count that I think you can get by just "writing"...I had to set a pace for myself, so getting 50k in the first ten days was my strategy to give me enough time for the latter 50k.

I'm just 5k shy of 50k, and I'm not even at the middle of my story yet...eeegads. 8-o I guess I won't have to pad this novel as much as I thought I might, lol! Which is good, because I'm seriously running out of reasonable plot twists to throw in there.