PDA

View Full Version : DWTS October 4 and 5 - We've still got a Situation

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17

Wyliefan
10-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Certainly not this guy (http://www.seattlepi.com/fun/comic.asp?feature_id=Curtis).

orbitz
10-06-2010, 05:30 PM
And while Kyle is cute and seems personable, I can't help wondering if people would be so enthusiastic and supportive if it was a female that size on the show.

I don't think people had an issue with Nicely's size. If they did they weren't vocal about it. It just got tiring to some people when she constantly proclaimed "I'm doing this for ALL THE BIG GIRLS" :lol:

AYS
10-06-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm enjoying Florence. I guess I'm easy to please.

Although she's had as much or more plastic surgery as any other celeb by her age, I think she looks really nice and I find her dancing efforts endearing. Clearly I'm a sap.

Corky, I could do without.

Jubak
10-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Ays, I'm with you, plus Florence is very gracious, yet spunky. She has a personality, and once they dropped the silliness, she is in a better place with her dancing. She will go eventually.

I don't mind Audrina, and yes, I'll bet she has dance in her background. I want the Situation gone soon.

I really wish Cho had stayed. Can't stand Palin. Let her go back to HS & be a cheerleader. I don't want her mother to have any more exposure than she already has; Bristol is mighty boring, has no energy and the teen activist crap is ridiculous. I'll bet she was doing the nasty during the stint when she got back w/her baby daddy, so abstinence, my big toe!

rfisher
10-06-2010, 05:46 PM
I don't have the problem with Derek that others seem to. The man is a great choreographer. He does seem to draw/get assigned the better dancers among the stars but I appreciate that he works with what he gets and makes the most out of it. .

I agree he's an excellent choreographer. He and Jullianne know how to make their partners look good. It's more his attitude, especially, when he wins. It's all about him. Maks gets criticized about his ego, but Derek makes Maks look humble.

I'd really like to know how the celeb/pro matches are made. Who makes the decisions because some pros seem to always be stuck with celebs destined to leave early in the comps.

This season, I just want beautiful Anna to stay as long as possible. I think it would be most excellent for Kurt, Rick and Audrina to be the final 3. I don't expect that to happen, but 2/3 are probably decent odds.

Wyliefan
10-06-2010, 06:44 PM
I really wish Cho had stayed. Can't stand Palin. Let her go back to HS & be a cheerleader. I don't want her mother to have any more exposure than she already has; Bristol is mighty boring, has no energy and the teen activist crap is ridiculous. I'll bet she was doing the nasty during the stint when she got back w/her baby daddy, so abstinence, my big toe!

She's not a teen activist because you think she might have been doing something she shouldn't? :huh: Judgmental much? Also, it'd be kind of silly for her to go back to high school, considering she's already graduated.

ETA: Rehearsal pic from Mark's Twitter. (http://www.mobypicture.com/user/MarkBallas/view/7679327) Every time I see heels like that, on anyone, all I can think is "OW, my back."

skaternum
10-06-2010, 07:35 PM
ETA: Rehearsal pic from Mark's Twitter. (http://www.mobypicture.com/user/MarkBallas/view/7679327) "

Jeez, that face! Must he always mug like that for the camera?? Can he not just ONCE smile normally? :rolleyes:

danceronice
10-06-2010, 07:50 PM
I don't think people had an issue with Nicely's size. If they did they weren't vocal about it. It just got tiring to some people when she constantly proclaimed "I'm doing this for ALL THE BIG GIRLS" :lol:

Especially considering she wasn't THAT big. Just curvy. Not an underfed twig like most 'celebrities.' (Just like Margaret's not huge. Or Sabrina.) But Kyle's definitely bigger and less-fit relative to his frame than she was. If there were a girl of comparable size and fitness I bet you she'd get crap. Heck, Lacey and Cheryl have been called tubby (though by dance standards they're perfectly fine--ballroom doesn't need its girls anorexic the way more artsy forms seem to want them.)

Wyliefan--let's get a vote Bristol bloc going, just for spite. :saint: (And actually she's not bad. She should outlast ab-boy and Florence, anyway, and it's a coin toss between her and Brandy/i/ee. Those four are really the remaining so-so--well, okay, three so-so and one WTF!abs!!)

skaternum: Think about who Mark's father is and be grateful he's as subdued as he is.

Audrina is a lovely dancer, but she's just not all that exciting. I was hoping for more for Tony's sake.

Derek is a great choreographer but I'm increasingly convinced he's kind of crap as a teacher. (And I would love to see Mark beat him on that alone. Derek's always been the golden boy, apparently. That's gotta grate at little for Mark AND Julianne.)

SharonDudd
10-07-2010, 12:05 AM
I also rather enjoyed Bolton's rendition last night although I could have done without the choir. I loved watching Anna and Jonathan dancing so beautifully to the music. It was mystical and lyrical and just flowed like crazy!! Personally, I think that Michael showed a lot of class and grace to step in and sing after the snottiness that he put up with which I still think that was totally out of order.

I found this on youtube with Jonathan and Anna dancing to Nora Jones!! WOW!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px-XVO7P2i0&feature=related

Why oh why isn't there a vote against number as well as the vote for numbers?

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

my little pony
10-07-2010, 03:07 AM
And while Kyle is cute and seems personable, I can't help wondering if people would be so enthusiastic and supportive if it was a female that size on the show.

Marisa Jaret Winokur lasted FOREVER and she was not as good as Kyle and was really annoying

Rob
10-07-2010, 04:33 AM
I usually hate Bolton's singing, but he was less raspy than usual.

Rick reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IvXNo_5LMk&feature=related

deltask8er
10-07-2010, 04:49 AM
Jersey Shore fans???? Never underestimate the power of reality TV

Am I the only one rooting for The Situation? Of course, he won't win but I'd like to see him come in third. (I'm always root for the underdog for some reason.)

I think he deserves to stay on a week or two longer than this reality show contestant (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwEEwhoz9go) a couple of seasons ago.

The Stiff-uation at least has some sort of personality compared to her.

When Bolton was singing, all I could think of was kd lang's version at the Olympics :swoon: .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-bj4TccyKk

Sally1214
10-07-2010, 05:01 AM
When Bolton was singing, all I could think of was kd lang's version at the Olympics :swoon: .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-bj4TccyKk

Same here. kd's rendition was magnificent. For me, I don't think anyone will ever come close to it. It's like, once you've heard perfection ......

Vash01
10-07-2010, 08:14 AM
I am no fan of Bristol Palin but I think she deserves better costumes. Last two weeks her costumes have been plain, boring and unflattering. The colors and the styles don't suit her. The first week she had the right color (red). Why not use youthful colors and styles that would hide her defects? She is on the heavy side; why not design costumes that would make her look cute but not heavy?

Speaking of costumes, I am generally pleased with the costumes this season sofar. The costumes are not excessively revealing (like 90% of the ladies bodies). They have been quite nice so far, with a few exceptions. I did not care for Margaret's costumes, but Audrina, Jennifer, Anna, Florence had some really nice ones.

Vash01
10-07-2010, 08:18 AM
I also rather enjoyed Bolton's rendition last night although I could have done without the choir. I loved watching Anna and Jonathan dancing so beautifully to the music. It was mystical and lyrical and just flowed like crazy!! Personally, I think that Michael showed a lot of class and grace to step in and sing after the snottiness that he put up with which I still think that was totally out of order.

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

I agree. Bruno and Len were just horrible to Bolton when he was a part of the show. There is no need to insult anyone like that. I really liked his singing (yes, it did remind me of the Olympic version, but I could still enjoy it). I think it would have been better to skip the choir and just focus on the singing and dancing (Anna-Jonathan). Michael was very much in his comfort zone singing and it was nice to see that. I am sure the applause took away some of the pain he experienced on the show, and it was really nice of him to come back the very next week to entertain the audience by singing.