PDA

View Full Version : DWTS October 4 and 5 - We've still got a Situation

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17

Nora_Charles
10-06-2010, 03:32 AM
Poor Margaret. :( I was afraid of this after last night. No way did she deserve to go home before Greasy.

I'm not usually a big Michael Bolton fan, but I actually kind of liked his version of Hallelujah, which is really saying something since, to me, that is a Song That You Do Not Ruin. Ever. (Of course, I would sit through quite a lot to watch Jonathon and Anna dance together. *sigh*)

skateboy
10-06-2010, 06:13 AM
Aww, I'm sorry Margaret is gone already. So, in tribute to Margaret:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TQ04KsHNi8&feature=related

Vash01
10-06-2010, 07:14 AM
It was sad to see Margaret in tears. I was not surprised that she was leaving, because the judges were unkind to her, IMO. Somehow the Situation and Bristol are still there. I hope they will be the next to go in 2 weeks. HOwever, it will be tough to get rid of Bristol. I am sure all Sara Palin fans/supporters are voting for her, and the show would love to have Palin back on the show. So I expect Bristol to stay for a long time.

BTW am I the only one that liked Margaret's first dance where she wrapped around herself the golden fabric to create a statuette? OK, the dancing wasn't good but I liked the creativity.

I am happy that Florence is coming back. It takes guts to dance at age 70 something alongside much younger people. Her speech about her late husband was so emotional that I absolutely wanted her to come back. It would have been sad to see her voted out after that.

Vash01
10-06-2010, 07:21 AM
I thought they were dwarves at first

Now maybe Bolton can stop whining about Bruno

Looks like I am the only one who liked Michael Bolton's singing.

rfisher
10-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Looks like I am the only one who liked Michael Bolton's singing.

Credit where credit is due: he sings better than he dances.

ArtisticFan
10-06-2010, 01:09 PM
BTW am I the only one that liked Margaret's first dance where she wrapped around herself the golden fabric to create a statuette? OK, the dancing wasn't good but I liked the creativity.

I was a little :confused: by it, but overall I did like her performance.

orbitz
10-06-2010, 01:46 PM
I am happy that Florence is coming back. It takes guts to dance at age 70 something alongside much younger people. Her speech about her late husband was so emotional that I absolutely wanted her to come back. It would have been sad to see her voted out after that.

But her dancing has been so boring.

Satellitegirl
10-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Yeah I agree Florence's dancing is boring... and she doesn't really dance well. I do like her as a person, but yeah, boring.

danceronice
10-06-2010, 02:25 PM
It was sad to see Margaret in tears. I was not surprised that she was leaving, because the judges were unkind to her, IMO. Somehow the Situation and Bristol are still there. I hope they will be the next to go in 2 weeks. HOwever, it will be tough to get rid of Bristol. I am sure all Sara Palin fans/supporters are voting for her, and the show would love to have Palin back on the show. So I expect Bristol to stay for a long time.

Bristol's a better dancer than Margaret and she doesn't look unhappy or grim while doing it. Pretty simple. (And let's face it, Mark's younger than Louis and can pull off more with-it routines and faster footwork. Yes, all other things being equal, Louis would hand him his arse, but Mark is better-suited to this kind of teaching.)

Yeah, pretty much. It was a stupid, gimmicky choice with unfortunate Liberace-tacky overtones for the first round when Louis SHOULD have gone with fairly pure dancing to show she wasn't going to be a one-trick joke pony. But that was entirely on him, not her. He's the one who should have known better.

As for Florence, it's painful reminder why real pro-am splits into age categories and someone who's in C2 probably shouldn't be dancing down. For her age, she's not bad. Next to girls a third her age, it's rather sad.

Garden Kitty
10-06-2010, 02:56 PM
As for Florence, it's painful reminder why real pro-am splits into age categories and someone who's in C2 probably shouldn't be dancing down. For her age, she's not bad. Next to girls a third her age, it's rather sad.

Except this isn't a dance competition, it's a tv show. And while the judges may judge based on the technical dance aspect, a lot of America is going to vote based on other factors including entertainment and simply whom they want to see on their tvs each week. The weaker dancers usually get weeded out by the middle of the compeition, but it never surprises me that someone who is easy to like may outlast a technically better dancer for a week or two.

rfisher
10-06-2010, 02:57 PM
The weaker dancers usually get weeded out by the middle of the compeition, but it never surprises me that someone who is easy to like may outlast a technically better dancer for a week or two.

Which still doesn't explain the Situation. :lol:

Cupid
10-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Am I the only one rooting for The Situation? Of course, he won't win but I'd like to see him come in third. (I'm always root for the underdog for some reason.)

For next season, I'd like to see Kathy Griffin, Kathy Lee Gifford (since their names are always confused), Katie Couric (who has expressed some interest after she gets into shape), Snooki, and last but not least, Johnny Weir.
:lynch:

orbitz
10-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Snookie would be a lot of fun to watch I think. Pair her with Derek or Mark.

KLG? No thanks. She constantly makes the most obnxious faces to the camera on The TODAY show.

The show has to pick someone controversial to keep its name in the press. I wouldn't be surprised if Heidi gets on the show.

I'd rather see Boitano than Weir. I think Weir suffers from the "not manly" enough issue that Nigel has with male dancers on SYTYCD.

purple skates
10-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Am I the only one rooting for The Situation?

In this crowd? Probably. :lol:

zaphyre14
10-06-2010, 04:38 PM
I don't have the problem with Derek that others seem to. The man is a great choreographer. He does seem to draw/get assigned the better dancers among the stars but I appreciate that he works with what he gets and makes the most out of it. And regardless of Jennifer Gray's background, she is 50 years old - and looking pretty darned good! Anyway, she's as more of a "movie star" than Bristol Palin is a "teen activist."

Personally I don't get the Audrina love. I find her mechanical and boring - and I'd bet my bloomers that she's had some dance training in her background.

I would rather have seen Palin go over Cjio. At least Margaret provided some humor in her behind-the-scenes footage. Bristol is just boring on-stage and off.

And while Kyle is cute and seems personable, I can't help wondering if people would be so enthusiastic and supportive if it was a female that size on the show.