PDA

View Full Version : DWTS October 4 and 5 - We've still got a Situation

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17

loopey
10-05-2010, 08:07 PM
- Rick Fox is adorable... he should leave his shirt buttoned up though. :slinkaway
- Max does not seem easy to work with... at all. :yikes:
- I had the displeasure of spending lots of time with Brandy when she was in her late teens. She was an egotistical, teen diva, that cared for no one but herself. One of the most fake girls I ever met. After only two weeks of dancing, I think she hasn't changed much. :drama:

Satellitegirl
10-05-2010, 08:24 PM
I think the reason why Maks and Brandy have so many squabbles is because they're both their own biggest fans :)

I'd still give Maks a good :grope: though

Garden Kitty
10-05-2010, 08:43 PM
:lol: at this tweet from Kurt Warner:

Just ran thru square in LA acting out "Singing in the Rain", did my best Gene Kelly - must not have been so good, everyone stared! Luv it!

ETA: I'm not a big fan of Michael Bolton as a singer, but I think it's nice that he's getting a chance to come back and sing tonight. It may leave a less bitter taste about the experience if he gets to "go out" singing and doing what he does for a living than rather than having his last impression be fighting with Bruno. It's also nice exposure for him which should make him feel good.

AYS
10-05-2010, 08:51 PM
No one's dancing has particularly grabbed me either so far, though I think most of them are doing ok. The few votes I've bothered casting have been mainly for Audrina, as I think she's done a pretty good job and seems to have a sweet personality (as much as we can tell with these things).

We need another figure skater next time, or if not, then another tennis player...one without 2 left feet this time :shuffle:

Wyliefan
10-05-2010, 08:52 PM
:lol: I thought he was going to do "Singin' in the Rain" last night when I saw the umbrella. I really was hoping for it -- SITR is my favorite movie. But I still loved the way it turned out!

danceronice
10-05-2010, 09:08 PM
She's had umpteen years of dance training. You have to remember in whose home she grew up.

Yep. The whole reason she was hired for Dirty Dancing was because she COULD dance well enough to look bad, but still pull off the big number. (A talent in and of itself.) Is anyone surpriesd Joel Grey's daughter can dance?

Maks would probably be very hard to work with. He seems like that. Heck, the only one where I think I probably wouldn't come out of a lesson a wreck is Jonathan, who doesn't seem capable of being mean. Though, eh, I don't know, Mark might not be so bad, either. Save me from the eastern Europeans, though. Their dance teachers aren't any nicer than their skating coaches.

soxxy
10-05-2010, 09:12 PM
-
- I had the displeasure of spending lots of time with Brandy when she was in her late teens. She was an egotistical, teen diva, that cared for no one but herself. One of the most fake girls I ever met. After only two weeks of dancing, I think she hasn't changed much. :drama:

Sounds dreadful. I'd never followed her career, but I thought her 2006 auto accident affected her greatly. Maybe not.

Aceon6
10-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Maks would probably be very hard to work with. He seems like that. Heck, the only one where I think I probably wouldn't come out of a lesson a wreck is Jonathan, who doesn't seem capable of being mean. Though, eh, I don't know, Mark might not be so bad, either. Save me from the eastern Europeans, though. Their dance teachers aren't any nicer than their skating coaches.

For my learning style, I'd pick Tony, then Louis. Enough push but some solid explanation of where the weight is going and why.

rfisher
10-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Maks would probably be very hard to work with. He seems like that.
He probably is, but then all his rehearsal footage is edited to present that persona. Sigh, I miss Mel B. They should have won that season.

skatemommy
10-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Jennifer Grey graduated from a Performing Arts high school ala "FAME". I wish she would stop with the "I'm so hot" pandering at the camera.

orbitz
10-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Why is Grey introduced each week as a "movie star" ? She's an out of work actress who was in a hit movie decades ago. A movie star she is not.

Brandy's song "Right Here (Departed)" is one of my favorite songs on my ipod. I really wanted to like her this season, but so far she has not done much for me. I also think she and Maks are mismatched.

I want either Cho or Mrs. Brady to go tonight. The Situation is kind of fun to watch, and Karina's cute.

Fridge_Break
10-05-2010, 11:34 PM
I liked Audrina the best last night. I had no idea who she was before the show, but I'd like to see her go all the way to the end. Plus, Tony deserves it after being stuck with the Kate monster last season.

soxxy
10-06-2010, 02:02 AM
The Situation and Karina get the encore.

my little pony
10-06-2010, 02:02 AM
this is like an April Fools day joke

LuckyCharm
10-06-2010, 02:03 AM
I would've loved to see Kyle and Lacey again.