PDA

View Full Version : DWTS October 4 and 5 - We've still got a Situation

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Vash01
10-05-2010, 08:59 AM
I would like Kurt or Jennifer to win, but Kurt may not make it to the final 3. He does have a big fan base here in Arizona (and I suspect in St.Louis too). He is just a great guy that people look upto. His dancing is improving, so I won't count him out yet. Eventually though the better dancers will beat him out. It will be a sad day when he leaves.

Here in the PHoenix area, many people called the local ABC channel and said that when they called to vote for Kurt & Anna, they got a message that the time zone has expired (I don't have a clue what it means; I was able to vote). The TV station said they have contacted ABC and were urging people to vote for Kurt. Apparently one can vote till 8 am tomorrow (I was surprised by that; I thought voting ended about an hour after the show). I hope this problem won't result in an early exit for Kurt.

I am not a regular DWTS watcher. I am watching because two of my favorite stars are in it.

Among others- Audrina is so lovely; I had never heard of her. I thought 9 was a bit high for her dance, though it was done beautifully.

I love Jennifer's dancing. I can't forget 'Baby' though. She looks like a completely different person. I was not so high on tonight's dance though. The storyline and the big pants she wore distracted from her beautiful dancing.

I have changed my opinion of Kyle from negative to positive. I love his energy which is genuine. I hope he stays.

Never had a positive opinion of Bristol. I thought she did not belong among the 'stars'. Her dancing has not done anything to make me change my opinion. However, voters in the state of Alaska may keep her on the show for a long time.

I cast a few votes for Florence tonight. She danced quite early and I was afraid that people may forget about her. Her dance seemed too simple/easy. I respect her so much, dancing on this show when she is in her seventies. I want her to stay. When she spoke of her late husband, it was very touching.

Brandy has the skills but why am I not so impressed with her? Is it a chemistry issue with Maksim? I am not sure.

I would like to enjoy Margaret's dancing but I just can't. I feel bad for her because she is so creative and she is not getting credit for it because this is a different field that she is not so good at.

The Situation was awful in the first week but he has improved. May stick around for another week, I think. He is working hard, it seems.

I actually enjoyed Rick & Cheryl's dance tonight (except for the shirt opening). Cheryl is such a good dancer, and Rick has a surprisingly good posture and arm positions. I think the Lakers fans will take him all the way to the final three. However, I hope someone else wins (Jennifer or Kurt).

Vash01
10-05-2010, 09:01 AM
I am not sure how big Audrina's fan base is. That could hurt her final placement.

Rick is in an advantageous position when it comes to fan base (Lakers fans are spread all over the country). Could be a difference maker.

mrr50
10-05-2010, 12:19 PM
I am ready for The Situation to go. It really did appear that he was trying to do more than sleep walk through the dance steps so I have to give credit for that.

Aceon6
10-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks everyone for the pbp. I was able to ff through most of the show this morning while getting ready for work. You guys were spot on!

Danceronice, I completely agree about Corky. Short guys can't get away with collapsing in on their partners. Florence's posture was great last night, and it was really obvious that Corky's topline was really off. I agree on the feet, too.

Cupid
10-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Tony Dovolani reminds me of Bob Eubanks from The Newlywed Game - he is so handsome!:rollin:

Veronika
10-05-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm behind on posting the Hidden Gems from EW.com--here are the first two weeks...

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/21/dwts-your-hidden-gems-of-week-1/?ew_packageID=20356896
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/28/dancing-with-the-stars-hidden-gems-of-week-2/

danceronice
10-05-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm really stunned at how poor Corky's Standard is. I tend to forget he's American and I would have sworn he started in the UK, and there you learn all ten dances as a kid, even if you're going to specialize later (and if you want a topflight career you do. No one really cares about the ten dancers. Good teachers, meh competitors.) He just doesn't stretch out through the shoulders (not so much "up" as out) and his arms were almost in social hold. Louis's not an especially great Standard dancer either but he's a lot better at hiding it.

Florence's dance WAS too easy, and also another cheap shot (seriously, I'd have dinged her and Margaret both for sob stories. Or flat-out told them "Nice video, but I really don't care. Your dancing was crap and here's why.") I kind of wish they wouldn't cast people her age--in a real pro/am competition, I have seen women older than her (and men too) but they don't compete against people half their age! At the bottom end some of us do--THANKS, SAM, I LOVE BEING 32 AND HAVING TO COMPETE AGAINST GIRLS LITERALLY HALF MY AGE AT OSB--sorry, just did my entries and I'm STILL annoyed-but you would NEVER see a lady of Florence's age and ability dancing down to a younger age group, at least not with any sort of success. It's just kind of painful to watch.

Jennifer Grey hacked me off, the more I think about it. If she wins the other pros need to have a serious talk with the producers--either Derek stops being the go-to for the ringers or they walk (especially pros like Tony and Maks.) Also, Derek needs to stop it with the fringe pants on his girls--it's a look very very VERY few people have good enough legs to pull off. He should use a simple test: "Is she Yulila Zagoruchenko?" If the answer is no, put her in plain trousers or a skirt.

ETA: Other thread reminded me--Derek's full of it with the "samba rolls are the HARDEST THING EVER" (especially as they don't do the harder version on DWTS that I've ever seen.) The only thing about rolls that's really hard is if your samba basic (the basic 'box step') is poor and your frame sucks. I can think of MUCH harder steps without even moving off the bronze sylabus. (Corte jaca spring to mind. Which isn't so much "hard" as "terrifiying if you're in heels.")

Veronika
10-05-2010, 03:45 PM
I don't think Jennifer Grey is a ringer...she is an actress who was in a dancing movie over 20 years ago. :slinkaway

Aceon6
10-05-2010, 04:01 PM
I don't think Jennifer Grey is a ringer...she is an actress who was in a dancing movie over 20 years ago. :slinkaway

She's had umpteen years of dance training. You have to remember in whose home she grew up.

my little pony
10-05-2010, 04:40 PM

me neither, her dancing in that old movie was basic and edited

Rob
10-05-2010, 04:57 PM
On the hidden gems, I love the week 2 dog bone drawings on the screen during Bolton's dance. LOL!

Beefcake
10-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Once again you all are suppressing the most important DWTS related news story. Stop censorship NOW!

Puff Mommy. (www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/39516540#39516540) Dare we now ponder if there is hope for Priscilla Presley, too?

orbitz
10-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Kurt's cute. He has a nice chemistry with Anna. I agree with Bruno about the arms though; Anna needs to work with Kurt on that.

Audrey dance was ok. It wasn't a 9 performance for me though.

I still think this season is one of the weaker season for this show. We had great competition between Evan&Anna and Derek&Nicole last season. The season before that we had Mya&Demitri. No one has lit up the dance floor so far for me this year.

Satellitegirl
10-05-2010, 07:26 PM
I am kind of glad there's no clear front-runner where people are going "well, she'll win...oh well"

It's nice to have a level playing field.

I'd say Jennifer still has the advantage, but it isn't "in the bag"

rfisher
10-05-2010, 08:06 PM
I'd say Jennifer still has the advantage, but it isn't "in the bag"

Because we'll all be voting for Foxy or Audrina. :EVILLE:

Or Anybody but Derek. ((((Jennifer for getting the evil one as a partner))))