PDA

View Full Version : A heads up about some dish soap...

Satellitegirl
09-29-2010, 03:07 PM
I bought Gain's new dish washing liquid the other day...it was in a dishwasher liquid type of bottle...it said "dish washing liquid" on it...so my brain connected the two and thought it was to be used in the dishwasher. 30 min of cleaning up foam on the floor later, I look on the back of it to see "not to be used in dishwashers" in very small print.

So just a little heads up to make sure that it's actually for the dishwasher, regardless of what the bottle looks like. :P It's very misleading lol.

Skittl1321
09-29-2010, 04:34 PM
OOH bummer. Even though I knew about this, I had this sort of accident once in college. Except I didn't use the liquid soap in the machine, I pre-washed a bunch of dishes without rinsing well, and so they still had the liquid soap on them- thankfully I was watching it, so I go the machine turned off very quickly, and it wasn't much of a mess.

Dish washing liquid is for washing dishes by hand :(

I think my new dishwashers manual had a BIG BOLD statement about this.

Satellitegirl
09-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah I realized that the dish washing liquid was for the sink. Gain spelled it "dishwashing" all with one word, and then had a bottle similar to the green plastic bottle of Cascade's liquid detergent, is all. In a rush at the grocery it was definitely easy to make the mistake.

The bottles on their site are clear(for the dish soap). This one wasn't.

It was in a bottle similar to this one http://www.themomsbuzz.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/09/13/products_image_complete_2.jpg only the spout was smaller and it was the gain green color, not the dark green. Very misleading.

Buzz
09-29-2010, 11:58 PM
oh dear....

Schmeck
09-30-2010, 12:41 AM
Husband did that once, and he knew it was handwashing soap that he put in, we were out of the dishwasher stuff. He was just too lazy to do them by hand...

I walked into the galley kitchen and saw what I thought was a clean, white floor. Then remembered that the floor was a fake brick linoleum... Yes, there was a layer of foam on the entire kitchen floor!

The poor dog was trapped in the bedroom, hubby was forced to clean it all up himself since I was rather pregnant at the time :D and we had the cleanest fake brick linoleum floor when all was done.

Then he had to wash the dishes by hand!