PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Alexandra Retired

skipaway
09-28-2010, 11:31 PM
Connections decided she'd done enough...retired to the farm to have babies. First up....Curlin!

Enjoy life Rachel, you earned it. :summer:

Rachel Retired (http://www.drf.com/news/rachel-alexandra-2009-horse-year-retired)

genevieve
09-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Jackson said in a news release. "I believe it’s time to retire our champion and reward her with a less stressful life. We are delighted that she will retire healthy and happy to our beautiful farm in Kentucky."

me too. What a horse!

Rottie
09-30-2010, 02:02 AM
Congratulations, Rachel Alexandra! May you have a long and pampered life and beautiful little foals.

sk8pics
10-02-2010, 12:04 AM
I'm sorry to see this, but glad she is retiring safe and sound. Timing is a little odd, though, given her recent bullet works. Whatever, I hope she will be happy and healthy.

danceronice
10-03-2010, 03:46 AM
Well, she's bombed in races (for her) after good works lately, they know now she can't do 1 1/4 so the Classic's out and there are a lot of good females going in the Distaff/Ladies Classic including, probably, some who've now beaten her. She just hasn't seemed like a happy horse this year, and she's no longer outstanding in her own gender, let alone entire age group. Why keep going? She couldn't handle older males any more, and Zenyatta would eat her alive. Obviously even if nothing is physically wrong, something's mentally off.

And really, the reason JJ REALLY bought her was to put her to Curlin. Looking at the hypo foal pedigree for that, it could be very very interesting. And he's old-school so likely he'll keep it and race it himself...it should be well worth the wait! Too bad we have to wait so long (the season's closed so she'll probably be put under lights to cycle her as fast as they can and breed her next year for as early a foal as they can get.)