PDA

View Full Version : Fall MOVIE thread...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Buzz
09-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Just got back from seeing THE DEVIL and was better than I thought. It was creepy and had me on my toes. Shyamalan did a great job with this one and is back to doing what he does best.

Bostonfan
09-28-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm intriqued by "Here after" with Matt Damon. I hope it gets good reviews, because the premise is promising.

And of course Deathly Hallows Part I!

MikiAndoFan#1
09-28-2010, 10:42 PM
And of course Deathly Hallows Part I!

I can't wait for this movie! It's going to be awesome!

:cheer2:

I was looking forward to seeing You Again, but the reviews received weren't very good. I still want to see it, though.

:D

orbitz
09-28-2010, 11:06 PM
The Social Network currently has 100% rotten tomatoes rating. There are 35 reviewers on the film, and they all gave it a thumb up. I haven't seen this happen to any movie before. This is definitely the movie that I must see this fall.

Rhianna
09-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Just got back from seeing THE DEVIL and was better than I thought. It was creepy and had me on my toes. Shyamalan did a great job with this one and is back to doing what he does best.

Shyamalan actually didn't have much to do with it. The story was his idea and he produced it, that's all. It was written and directed by different people and I'm sure that was it's saving grace. (I should note, I have yet to see it but I've heard quite good things.)

The Social Network currently has 100% rotten tomatoes rating. There are 35 reviewers on the film, and they all gave it a thumb up. I haven't seen this happen to any movie before. This is definitely the movie that I must see this fall.

I can't wait for this movie, written by Aaron Sorkin and directed by David Fincher? I'm not sure how it could go wrong.

Wyliefan
09-28-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm planning to see Hereafter as well.

Also, I caught a showing of Never Let Me Go in D.C. It's really good. They did a terrific job adapting the book. That said, I'd be interested to hear what some of you think of it who haven't read the book. It's rather quiet and slow-paced, and I don't know what kind of impression it would have made on me if I didn't already know the story. (I think I still would have liked it, though.)

musicgurl
09-28-2010, 11:47 PM
I really want to see Never Let Me Go but I will probably have to wait until it comes out on DVD. That's the problem with living in a small Canadian city that only shows smaller movies when the movies are Canadian.

oleada
09-29-2010, 12:29 AM
I saw Easy A this weekend. Loved it. It was hilarious and smart. Emma Stone did a great job - she's very charismatic and likeable.

I'm looking forward to seeing Never Let Me Go and The Social Network and that one Katherine Heigl movie

IceAlisa
09-29-2010, 12:35 AM
I want to see:

The Social Network
Never Let Me Go
Harry Potter 7.1

Artemis@BC
09-29-2010, 12:56 AM
I saw Easy A this weekend. Loved it. It was hilarious and smart. Emma Stone did a great job - she's very charismatic and likeable.

It looks like a fun film but ... from the trailers, Emma Stone looks to be the least convincing high-school-age actor since the cast of Grease.

For myself, I rarely see films in the theatres -- I generally perfer to wait to see them in a non-talking, non-cell-phone-ringing, non-chair-kicking environment. (Not to mention cat on lap, reclining chair, good snacks, and a good wine or beer.) But I will see Harry Potter on the big screen for sure. So far I've managed to avoid seeing any trailers, but as release time gets closer they'll no doubt be harder to avoid.

Wyliefan
09-29-2010, 01:09 AM
I thought Emma Stone was good, but I didn't care for the film itself. The satire was so over-the-top it was cartoonish a lot of the time. And Amanda Bynes, whom I usually like, played her role as if they'd spiked her Red Bull with uppers. Stanley Tucci was pretty good, but Lisa Kudrow and (surprisingly) Patricia Clarkson were awful.

Bev Johnston
09-29-2010, 05:38 PM

I can't envision how this is going to be entertaining in the least. I saw the trailers and was unimpressed. I guess I'm just not interested in seeing Zuckerberg's life played out on the big screen.

orbitz
09-29-2010, 05:48 PM
The Social Network isn't a true biopic. It's a movie based on real life people, but there are scenes and dialogs that are made up to propel the movie along.

Let Me In, the child vampire movie, is also getting very good reviews, but I'm too chicken to see scary movies.

PDilemma
09-29-2010, 05:52 PM
It looks like a fun film but ... from the trailers, Emma Stone looks to be the least convincing high-school-age actor since the cast of Grease.

Nope. She has to beat the cast of the new version of 90210 to win that title. ;)

smurfy
09-29-2010, 06:00 PM
I really want to see Never Let Me Go but I will probably have to wait until it comes out on DVD. That's the problem with living in a small Canadian city that only shows smaller movies when the movies are Canadian.

I saw the movie in my film club (before release) with discussion after. I thought the movie was fair, but after the discussion, I like it more. Also I have never been a big fan of Keira Knightly, but she really impressed me in this movie. Overall the movie is very well made, good acting, cinematography, but the story is disturbing. Many folks in my film club (about 200 total) did not like, some liked it alot, but no I totally loved it.